Thread: Idea

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Idea

When you zone into a raid you lose 1000g. If you finish you get that gold back. Every wipe you get 100g back. No wipes you get bonus 500g

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    When you zone into a raid you lose 1000g. If you finish you get that gold back. Every wipe you get 100g back. No wipes you get bonus 500g
    I think I understand what you are trying to say, that players should have to invest something in order to experience content and if committed will regain that investment fail or not.

In Looking for Raid, I completely agree. There should be an investment to enter LFR this would give people the incentive to not leave but I think for it to be effective in LFR it would need to require a final wing kill for the reimbursement, otherwise bots would have no consequence and wouldn't leave until they reached the appropriate wipe count.

Perhaps reward additional gold based on the amount of attempts per boss to give players the incentive to try and succeed.

Deleted
    S.A. = No

L.A. = No.

Horrible idea , find another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    If you finish you get that gold back.
    So what when you get a partial run first, and kill boss 3&4 of 4, and you have to requeue for 1&2? Do you have to kill 3&4 again?
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    So what when you get a partial run first, and kill boss 3&4 of 4, and you have to requeue for 1&2? Do you have to kill 3&4 again?
    The whole point of this is to prevent things like that from happening.
    This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I think the point should be to kill the final boss and that every player could have their own unique recuperation system. For example someone who invests and enter the beginning of the wing gets a % of their gold back based on how many bosses, whereas someone who joins later gets gold back on their investment based on how many bosses remain(the final boss always giving the most).

Every wipe 200 gold back seems fair.

Mmmmm. Forcing players to stay. I guess lol. What if someone gets kicked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Players shouldn't need gold incentive to actually try... What's the point of playing if you're going to be a lazy liability to the whole team??

Interesting idea in general, making players have to commit. Unfortunatly, that'd just blow off the LFR base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Every wipe 200 gold back seems fair.

Mmmmm. Forcing players to stay. I guess lol. What if someone gets kicked?
    A player should receive their gold back if the raid is a success or based on how many bosses are killed. This way wrongful kicks are accounted for and player don't just kick to troll others out of their gold because they lose gold too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Interesting idea in general, making players have to commit. Unfortunatly, that'd just blow off the LFR base.
    Honestly that's what I like most about it, LFR would have some incentive to learn to work as a team, though some people still won't care. Perhaps a reputation system could be put in place where players can rate another players behavior to further segregate the trolls from the players trying to learn as long as it can adequately account for false reputation reports(maybe some kind of tribunal like LoL)

Another point to add is that most players only make 500g to 1000g per week before they can level their proffesions up to 600. Forcing players to risk money in a raid wil only make players more reluctant to queue.

Deleted
    What would that be good for? Keep bads sticking to their LFR group? hell no!

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lame idea. You can make gold pretty easily nowadays-no daily cap, professions, Troves of the Thunder King, literal farming.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    idea: learn to make efficient thread titles...

OT: The proposal seems very bad to me. Tons of negative possibilities that would make the matters rather worse. The intend is fine, but it won't work
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Guess this, uhm, let's call it "idea" is aimed at stopping people from leaving raids prematurely. It wouldn't work that way.

Thing is, many many many more people than you expect leave a raid for other reasons than just "u fail i leave". All kinds of real life issues can come between you and a raid, and let's be honest, unless you aim for HC progress (where this problem is less relevant anyway) almost every RL issue that cannot be postponed has some kind of relevance greater than raiding. 1) They would probably leave for these issues anyway. 2) There is no base for punishing players for that - having to leave a group and find a new one later is probably punishment enough for them already.

Yes sure there are black sheep that exploit mechanics for their profit, but you can't go ahead and simply punish everyone as if they were enemy of the state. You wouldn't want to be treated as a criminal just because someone had a quick "idea" as well.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2013-12-27 at 12:46 PM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

The whole point of LFR is that it's a non-committal raid. You don't have to worry about time constraints or anything, it's great.

In WoD it will be even better, since LFR will be Flex, and somebody leaving will have little impact on your group's ability to perform.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The whole point of LFR is that it's a non-committal raid. You don't have to worry about time constraints or anything, it's great.

In WoD it will be even better, since LFR will be Flex, and somebody leaving will have little impact on your group's ability to perform.
    I have to agree with what 'Herecius' stated (see above); however, it actually might work and give an incentive for people to actually stay especially if 'Valyrian Stormclaw' (see below) statement is valid. I for one have too much gold and this as a result would not hinder me personally, If I thought it was worth leaving at the cost of 1000g.. I would. On the other hand some players might be validated to stay through to the end if that gold or 'incentive' is all they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Another point to add is that most players only make 500g to 1000g per week before they can level their proffesions up to 600. Forcing players to risk money in a raid wil only make players more reluctant to queue.
    ~Spazzer

Quote Originally Posted by ADman319 View Post
    The whole point of this is to prevent things like that from happening.
    Yes, but my point was concerning trolls who leave LFR midcourse just to get others to join partial runs, or, as mentioned already, vote-kicks.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

There is a much easier way to do this.. just hand out loot at the end of the dungeon. Just like valor points now.

Deleted
    But BUT what if I send all the gold to another char? Take that Blizzard.