Will new models be avaialble to all players come patch 6.0?

So... I've thought about the implementation of the new character models, and (to me) it seems like it's going to be a safe bet that they'll be introduced in patch 6.0, much in the same way old-world Cata got implemented. I mean, why would they force you to keep the primitive models - especially when they want new players to see up-to-date visuals?

The thing that struck me is this... can this REALLY be called an expansion feature when it's 100% free with a patch?

I mean, if they do this - then theoretically even the newb free-to-play guy would have the new character models. Nothing wrong with that... BUT...

What I'm saying is, if they put "new character models" on more trailers/commercials and on the game box itself - and yet subsequently release it as a free part of patch 6.0 - isn't that technically false advertizing, since you're NOT getting new character models as part of the actual expansion purchase?

Pandaren as a race were free to everyone. The Cataclysm world revamp was free to everyone as well. Inscription, Archaeology, and Pet Battles were all available to new players to the game too. I would put this feature alongside those. They all became available shortly before, or upon the release of the expansion to all players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    Pandaren as a race were free to everyone. The Cataclysm world revamp was free to everyone as well. Inscription, Archaeology, and Pet Battles were all available to new players to the game too. I would put this feature alongside those. They all became available shortly before, or upon the release of the expansion to all players.
    Exactly. Pandaren were free. Pandaria was not.
    New models are free. Draenor is not.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    It would just be a mess for blizzard to make characters appear differently depending on ur xpac
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

10+ Year Old Account
    They said Pandaren were a feature for MoP even though they were pretty much free.

EDIT: Never mind, other people beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    What I'm saying is, if they put "new character models" on more trailers/commercials and on the game box itself - and yet subsequently release it as a free part of patch 6.0 - isn't that technically false advertizing, since you're NOT getting new character models as part of the actual expansion purchase?
    Yes because it is an expansion feature, you have to realize that they are expandingTHEIR game (serverside). The box you buy is merely a license that enables certain extra features.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    They said Pandaren were a feature for MoP even though they were pretty much free.

EDIT: Never mind, other people beat me to it.
    Again... isn't that technically false advertising then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrax View Post
    Yes because it is an expansion feature, you have to realize that they are expandingTHEIR game (serverside). The box you buy is merely a license that enables certain extra features.
    Hrmmmm... I could see it possibly that way. I'll have to think on that (really tired right now...) - but thx. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Again... isn't that technically false advertising then?

- - - Updated - - -

Hrmmmm... I could see it possibly that way. I'll have to think on that (really tired right now...) - but thx. ^_^
    I don't know how that stuff works, lol. But I remember seeing the trailer for WotLK that said "Dance Studio" as a feature.... and I'm still waiting for it, Blizzard!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 "if you pay $$$ for them, hur hur hur"

At any rate... We'll have to see what they reveal after new year's, and when the expansion is set to roll out.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The indication they gave was that they would be updated for everyone, but that you might have the ability to toggle whether you see the new or old models.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be shocked if they weren't. And like everyone said, the other races have gotten around to being free. So yes, I'd imagine they will be available from launch.

People somehow got the wrong idea of what false advertising is and claim something is as such way too often. Even if they said new models were included without the expac and then they weren't it wouldn't be false advertising. Just like the dance studio that was in the commercials and then scrapped wasn't false advertising. Or the original manual that says dwarfs could be mages. Games like this have A LOT more wiggle room.

You aren't paying for a particular feature, you're paying for continued access to the game. False advertising is more accurately called deceptive advertising. It takes a pretty blatant false claim made for the sole purpose of increasing sales that would have otherwise not occurred.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.