[US] Need help building a computer

Budget - 900-1.1k
    Resolution - 1920 x 1080 (on two monitors)
    Games / Settings Desired - WoW, Upcoming mmos like wildstar and eq2. League of Legends 60+ fps desired
    Country - USA
    Parts that can be reused - none
    Do you need an OS? - Yes

I have no clue what overclocking is, I don't know how to build a computer even, I am a total newcomer to this type of stuff

I know title says build a system, but this prebuilt is kind of ridiculous for the money:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229494

The CPU and motherboard in this rig are 600 bucks just for the two parts. The graphics card is a bit underspec considering the other parts but would have no problem with the games you listed. Here is the CPU and MOBO from this rig:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9a-gd45%20plus.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116940

It also comes with a 64gig SSD which is a nice bonus, as well as a decent case.

All you need to add to this is a CPU cooler if you wanted to overclock, and if you really wanted to you could add a stronger graphics card but for the games you play its not completely necessary.

I would actually prefer to buy a prebuilt computer, does anyone else have any opinions on this prebuilt?

edit: the reviews for it are kind of scary, few reviews of the memory crapping out and blue screens, not too sure
    Last edited by Emek; 2013-12-27 at 09:10 AM.

Never trust newegg reviews, its almost always user error.

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Avexir Core Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($88.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card ($319.99 @ B&H)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - OEM (64-bit) ($94.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1123.85
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-12-27 06:46 EST-0500)

this will last you a long time and play everything you throw at it on max settings. building yourself is as easy as it gets. it is pretty much self explanatory and parts really only fits in the right spot (except gpu which should be placed in the pci slot nearest to the cpu and the ram, which should be placed in either ram slot 1+2 or 3+4). there are tons of videos on youtube if you should get stucked and all it really takes is a screw driver + 2 hours of your time. many on this forum (including me) like to refere to it as adult lego. if you managed to build a lego space ship you will have no problem assembling the pc.

as for the prebuilt one: sure it has a nice cpu + mobo, still the rest is meh. and for your needs the i5 will be equal to the i7. the 7770 is a 80$ card that hardly will manage playing on high settings. i couldnt find the brand of the psu, so it might be a firecracker. dunno but i would keep my hands away and get more quality for my money.

overclocking to 4ghz is as easy as going into bios and set the multiplier to x40, exit and save, done. if you want to get higher there are again tons of videos explaining every details.

Honestly I'd go with the above build OP. I know building a computer seems like a daunting thing but it really is easy.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Awesome! I probably will go with that build, thanks flens!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emek View Post
    Awesome! I probably will go with that build, thanks flens!
    ur welcome and if u should run into problems assembling the parts ask here or pm me