Page 1 of 221
... LastLast

TCG Pets Giveaway - Day 2, Blue Tweets, Fan Art

Contest Update: Winners of the Day 1 contest have been PMed.

Blues on Break During Holidays, Blue Posts, Christmas in New Tristram

MLG/ManaGrind Tournament #9 Review, HearthPwn Forum Titles

TCG Pets Giveaway - Day #2
    WoWTCGLoot was nice enough to send us some things to give away again this year, so a big thanks to them! After yesterday's post on pet collection stats, let's give away some more pets and one month Curse Premium codes.

Prizes

Rules
    • Enter once by replying to this news post and telling us what feature you would like to see in Warlords of Draenor that was not announced at Blizzcon.
    • Winners will receive a PM which they have 72 hours to reply to. After that, a new winner will be selected. Pets will be given out in the order the winners reply to the PM, so be sure to reply promptly. You can turn on email notifications for PMs in the Settings.
    • Entering more than once per contest thread is useless and will get you disqualified. There will be no 2nd chance for people posting more than one comment in this thread, you have been warned. (We will also of course check for double accounts, etc)
    • You have until Monday December 30th @ 11:59 PM EST to enter the contest. After that time this thread will be closed and winners will be selected randomly.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warlords of Draenor Stats
    Minor example is ratio of ambush bonus dmg to backstab bonus dmg is constant at all levels, but backstab scales better with gear
    You'd find that all of the base damage on spells/abilities stays in constant ratios at all levels, for a given class, BTW. (Source)
    And that's the problem. For a lvl 30 with 150 SP, this increases Wrath by 138% but Healing Touch by just 28%
    Heals had higher base healing to make up for players having base health. However, that didn't line up and scale perfectly. (Source)
    In WoD, there will be no more base health, or base damage/healing on spells, so it's all just scaling; can line up. (Source)
    So whats this going to do to dmg and healing at low lvls if you don't have heirlooms you won't have much stats.
    There are still base stats. (Source)
    Is there going to be a base amount of the new secondaries? like even with 0 crit rating u still crit
    No. You still crit with 0 crit rating because you have 5% base crit, and crit from agi/int. (Source)
    More similar to haste, where there is no base amount of haste. (Source)

Does no Dodge/Parry on gear mean Strength -> Parry and Agility -> Dodge are being removed as well?
    Nope, those remain. (Source)

Now that we have 3 new secondary stats (Amplify, etc.). How many of these stats will we see on a single piece of gear? Still 2?
    Still typically 2 secondary stats on most gear. May be exceptions, as always, but vast majority of the time, 2. (Source)

Will melee abilities still be affected by Weapon damage. Or are those abilities now only scaled by AP?
    Yes, weapon damage will still be a thing. (Source)

If this means all dmg spells and heals will scale with primary stat, this is a good thing although simplifies gear
    Typically Attack Power or Spell Power, which mostly come from your primary stat. (Source)

would be nice for weapons to means as much to casters a physical.
    Somewhat ironically, weapons are actually *more* important for some casters, than some melees. SP bonus is huge. (Source)

sorry if this is a repeat question but if I gem say spirit then trade to dps or tank does that gem change too eg haste for dps ?
    No, only primaries on armor slots switch. (Source)
    sorry im more asking for the gem side the fact that say pally chest has a gem socket do I have to swap it everytime swap spec ?
    Sorry, not sure I understand the question. If you put a Spirit gem in a socket, it provides no value if you respec to Feral. (Source)
    ok thank you that means if I have a gem socket armor piece when swap to my off spec I either need new gear or a different gem
    To min-max, yes. However, remember that a different item of the same ilvl likely won't have the gem socket; sockets are free. (Source)

Will Cleave on gear mean CC'd mobs have to be moved to Uzbekistan to avoid sheep-busting?
    No. Cleave won't hit CC'd or mobs, or mobs you aren't in combat with. (Source)

Does it mean won't be useful or won't be optimal? Is this applying to PVP too?
    Spirit will have zero value for non-healers, including in PvP. (Source)

In WoD, does the baseline yellow attack hit cap include attacks against targets that are higher than 3 levels above you?
    Yes. (Source)
    Does that also mean a lvl 1 character will have 100% hit chance against a level 100 character or mobs? aoe questing inc
    No. Just up to +3 levels, then you start missing again. Similar to how Crushing Blows still exist now. (Source)

PvP
    I've had a question about PvP. Why is there a gear req? Why isn't it stats-agnostic, to make the game 100% skill-dependent? Thanks!
    WoW is a character driven game where you participate in different activities for rewards. PvP is one of those activities. (Source)
    I know that very well I would just love an option at some point in time for pure stat-agnostic, skill-based pvp.
    http://wowpedia.org/Trial_of_the_Gladiator (Source)

Also, kudos for taking out expertise and hit. Step in the right direction! Still, I wish all radials were disabled in PvP though!
    While there may be a place for a game with WoW gameplay and no stats/gear, WoW is not that game. WoW is an RPG. (Source)
    Why not poll the PvP population and see what they’d think of a permanent Trial-of-the-Champions play style?
    Polling the population is not how we design games. Personally, I'd find it pretty unrewarding. I like getting gear. (Source)

Crafted pvp gear feels a bit gated. Not many want to use daily cd on making 476/458 gear. Maybe lower mats over time?
    We don't like the starter gear coming from crafting. Exploring the idea of BoE starter gear coming from battleground wins. (Source)
    OMFG BoE PvP starter gear?! If it's BoA I will make you a(nother) million cookies (BoE is still awesome though!)
    I can see your point but I think BoA might be worse in this case. (Source)

What other steps would be in there to keep those first few BG experiences from being even more brutal to new folk?
    I think a lot of the UI changes we're making are in support that goal (Source)

Misc
    And you are the next Ghostcrawler ?
    Nah, I just work on flavor/feels things like Headless Horsemen & Darkmoon Faires & zombie plagues & pets & toys & so on. (Source)
    You're my friggin hero for trolling people about Kara so damn hard.
    Just wait until Heroic Zul'Farrak gets data mined. (Source)

Fan Art
    Some more nice fan art today!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-12-28 at 07:45 AM.

Come on lewts!

I would love the return of farms in garrisons, as an optional way to get food resources, as well as a pond that can have unique fish! I liked the farm a lot, but didn't like that it was the primary way to gather food-stuffs for cooking. I would like a new farm that can provide a good amount, but is no where near required to level cooking.
    Last edited by tobiashunter; 2013-12-28 at 08:00 AM. Reason: forgot my feature

10+ Year Old Account
    What happened to the dance studio!?

I want Warlords of Draenor to have transmogrification like what was announced for Diablo 3.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/10/25/ho...ould-steal-it/

Deleted
    I'd like to see account-wide rep in WoD

what I want to see? scrapped guild lvling to 30 that didn't come out with MoP,
    maybe mount racing
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-12-28 at 07:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOOTZ!

10 characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Level Syncing would be pretty nice to have.. Or random world events like RIFT or FFXIV has.

I want pet battles for mobile armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually really interested in the Garrison. It'd be kinda neat if there was an area where your mounts/pets were in like a stable of some kind. I'm reaching but whatever lol

I'd like to have an in-game Hearthstone to play, so that you can still be in the WoW client and chatting with guildmates while playing Hearthstone. Would be great for waiting for queues.

A revamp of Void Storage or more bank slots :P

wouldnt mind a price

10+ Year Old Account
    More Warlock demons
    Last edited by Aetal; 2013-12-28 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see profession update

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dyes for gear,possible Inscription tie in?

Deleted
    Random World Events like Guild Wars 2 has

10+ Year Old Account
    Having another Raiding With Leashes achievement (or two :P) would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really sure if counts as a feature, but I'd love to see the class changes that they're making. Those haven't been announced yet.