Poll: if you or someone you know have a 3DS, what is your/their age?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

[POLL] Age Range of 3DS users

Hello,

So I just ordered a 3DS XL from Amazon to play Pokemon X/Y and mostly RPGs.

According to my friend, most people who use the 3DS or any other handheld console for that matter are kids between the ages of 7-13. I know he's wrong since there are many Nintendo fans who've been playing on handheld consoles for a long time.

So, I'm interested in knowing what age group has the most 3DS users.

10+ Year Old Account
    Umm. you forgot to add the poll. OT: I'm 35 and I play on my 3DS XL from time to time.

More like
    3ds players - People that can afford more than one console
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

15+ Year Old Account
    23, bought primarily for Pokemon X and Y. Although i did enjoy the Ocarina of Time 3D and am looking forward to Super Smash Bros.

Got a 3DS XL from my GF as christmas present, I am 22 :-)
    I don't know anyone else with a 3DS but you can only vote once anyway so your poll will be flawed by MMO-Champions demograpgh (which I expect to be 16+)

Does the 2DS count?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Does the 2DS count?
    Yes, or the DS for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me -24, friend -24, his gf -24, 2 friends from wow -27, and a 3rd friend from wow 25. Only people I can think of off the top of my head.

I'm way into my thirties, and I bought myself a 3DS to play Virtue's Last Reward. Lovely game, highly recommended. But I've been enjoying the new Zelda as well.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Wouldn't touch one myself as the available games are not really my thing, but both my 58 year old mother and my 7 year old daughter spend way too much time using theirs, playing puzzle games and pokemon respectively.

3DS would seem to be ideally targeted at both mature players (over 50's), young children and teenagers. I can't see it being particularly attractive to adults of shall we say working age.
    Last edited by mmoc8d61f1f14c; 2013-12-28 at 01:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    3DS would seem to be ideally targeted at both mature players (over 50's) and young children. I can't see it being particularly attractive to adults of shall we say working age.
    And yet 85% of voters so far would prove you wrong.

Deleted
    I want a 3DS :< PokemoN!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Hello,

So I just ordered a 3DS XL from Amazon to play Pokemon X/Y and mostly RPGs.

According to my friend, most people who use the 3DS or any other handheld console for that matter are kids between the ages of 7-13. I know he's wrong since there are many Nintendo fans who've been playing on handheld consoles for a long time.

So, I'm interested in knowing what age group has the most 3DS users.
    I am 23 and I game on my 3DS a lot. I have had it for almost 2 months.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-12-28 at 01:32 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    And yet 85% of voters so far would prove you wrong.
    Considering that not many children or over 50's frequent this forum, the poll proves nothing of the sort, it in fact proves diddly squat due to it being biased because of the mmo champion audience demographic.

Considering that not many children or over 50's frequent this forum, the poll proves nothing of the sort, it in fact proves diddly squat due to it being biased because of the mmo champion audience demographic.
    Do you have a poll that shows "Working Adults" as you call it dose not play the 3DS a lot...Nope didn't think so.

Also I am sure there is a decent amount of both groups on this forum.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    (it proves that people outside your suggested age ranges find something attractive about the system and its games)

Dude, you can't get a good estimate here lol.

Also, fyi, kids are not only gameboy anymore...Atleast my sisters like Ipads now...And other kids inn my family to.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

29, bought it for the Legend of Zelda: Link between Worlds, but ended up buying more games than I can handle atm with my time whehe. Nintendo fangirl ever since the NES .
    ~ stuff, the best thing ~

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Dude, you can't get a good estimate here lol.
    You kinda can if the poll allows for more then one vote and people vote who they know plays the 3ds as well like there kids or friends.

Handhelds haven't been "Just a kid thing" for quite sometime tho.

Hell there is a decent mixed age group on this site that alone gives u a decent poll.

Clearly 60+!

But seriously, I'm 21 almost 22 and I bought 2 3DSs technically.
    First was back a couple of months after it came out, before the price drop though, forget exactly when.
    Then I traded it in during a gamestop promotion for a 3DS XL, after transferring my data and everything.

It's aimed just like all Nintendo products, at anyone who enjoys it, in my opinion at least.

Still waiting on the reason I wanted one badly, Profession Layton vs. Phoenix Wright >.>

Although I won't regret it at all if it never comes out in English, amazing handheld.