Poll: if you or someone you know have a 3DS, what is your/their age?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    All consoles are for all ages, though if we are going to talk about the games for 3DS then 95% of the games would be for kids at age 5-14.

If most people didn't gnow up with Pokemon the DS would be a huge failure. People don't play pokemon because it's a high quality game, they play it because it's nostalgia and they grew up with it (which is fine, nothing wrong with that). If the game then happens to be mediocre to good then all the better.

Most people I know who own a DS have bought it for Pokemon only. There are the Zelda fans as well ofc, but compared to the pokemon fanbase that number is worthless. :P

Edit: Last Nintedo console I bought was a gameboy SP back when it got released. I something try a DS game on my friends DS (I'l probably play his new Zelda game when hes done with it) but I'l never buy one myself. A console is not worth it for 1 or 2 games.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2013-12-28 at 05:30 PM.

Most people I know are in their mid 20s, but I've seen just about everyone up to around 50ish playing around with one. It's going to be biased on a forum like here though.
    Stay salty my friends.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am 27 and own one, I don't think there will ever be a time when I won't own a Nintendo product, they are generally just too good to pass up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    All consoles are for all ages, though if we are going to talk about the games for 3DS then 95% of the games would be for kids at age 5-14.

If most people didn't gnow up with Pokemon the DS would be a huge failure. People don't play pokemon because it's a high quality game, they play it because it's nostalgia and they grew up with it (which is fine, nothing wrong with that). If the game then happens to be mediocre to good then all the better.

Most people I know who own a DS have bought it for Pokemon only. There are the Zelda fans as well ofc, but compared to the pokemon fanbase that number is worthless. :P
    I know more people who bought it for Monster Hunter than Pokemon, but that's because they already had one when Pokemon came out because Monster Hunter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I know more people who bought it for Monster Hunter than Pokemon, but that's because they already had one when Pokemon came out because Monster Hunter.
    Just put it like this, how many people own a 3DS (or DS) without owning the latests Pokemon as well. :P It would be 0 for me..and I know shitloads of people with a DS, ranging from kids to 40+ age. (granted the older ages are the vast minority)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I am 27 and own one, I don't think there will ever be a time when I won't own a Nintendo product, they are generally just too good to pass up.
    I'd agree if they brought out more then 1-2 good games a year. I'd even accept some mediocre games, but almost every DS spell sucks balls next to the big franchises.

Clearly 60+!

But seriously, I'm 21 almost 22 and I bought 2 3DSs technically.
    First was back a couple of months after it came out, before the price drop though, forget exactly when.
    Then I traded it in during a gamestop promotion for a 3DS XL, after transferring my data and everything.

It's aimed just like all Nintendo products, at anyone who enjoys it, in my opinion at least.

Still waiting on the reason I wanted one badly, Profession Layton vs. Phoenix Wright >.>

Although I won't regret it at all if it never comes out in English, amazing handheld.
    I orginally wanted mine for the new zelda but I got the new pokemon as well. There is many games on it I can't wait to get. I have had mine about 45 days or so and only dropped 80hrs into it easy.

They need to remake The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask and ill pay any price they ask. I think it will be the next zelda coming or at lease I hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Only reason I haven't gotten MH yet is because it lacks wifi multiplayer.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Nintendo always gets branded as the "kids" company, just as games like Pokemon always get branded as the "kids" game. However each time you look at any poll (this one included), you find it's more often young adults who are the primary demographic. It's the people who should have "outgrown" these "childish" things.

TLDR people who have been Nintendo fans since they were kids, are generally still Nintendo fans. Shocking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nintendo always gets branded as the "kids" company, just as games like Pokemon always get branded as the "kids" game. However each time you look at any poll (this one included), you find it's more often young adults who are the primary demographic. It's the people who should have "outgrown" these "childish" things.

TLDR people who have been Nintendo fans since they were kids, are generally still Nintendo fans. Shocking.
    They are kids games. Find me people who like pokemon games without having grown up watching the show (or playing previous pokemon games). You will have a hard time.

That said, there isn't anything wrong with liking kids games. People have liked shit they grew up with since the dawn of time, I'm not sure why people keep pretending it's a weird thing. Same thing why I don't understand people keep denying Pokemon franchise is for kids...makes me think they are ashamed and have to justify their enjoyement for some unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

To me Nintendo is the only company who makes gaming consoles but thats just my opinion.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

my mom 60+ plays with hers all the time, mostly rpg's, Zelda games or professor laytons

10+ Year Old Account
    My brother talked me into getting a 3DS and I was disappointed. The console itself is cool, just as cool as the regular DS, but I don't like using it in 3D and the speakers are a lot quieter than my regular DS. I just need to get some more games for it, which is also disappointing because Japanese games, to me, feel so out-of-date. I like the DS' puzzle games that use the touch screen because if it has a touch screen I want a good reason to use it. So, my only advice is don't get the 3DS just for Pokemon, look for some more games you will want to play afterwards too.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    My brother talked me into getting a 3DS and I was disappointed. The console itself is cool, just as cool as the regular DS, but I don't like using it in 3D and the speakers are a lot quieter than my regular DS.
    Should have gotten a XL its sound is better Or a 2DS. I don't use the 3D feature myself and I was originally just going to get a normal 3DS but I traded my Ps3 in and got the XL at a used games store near me.

Happy I got the XL over the normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I orginally wanted mine for the new zelda but I got the new pokemon as well. There is many games on it I can't wait to get. I have had mine about 45 days or so and only dropped 80hrs into it easy.

They need to remake The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask and ill pay any price they ask. I think it will be the next zelda coming or at lease I hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Only reason I haven't gotten MH yet is because it lacks wifi multiplayer.
    I hope they remake Majora's Mask too, and it is a bit lame that the 3DS one only does online multiplayer if you have a Wii U with the app on it AND the Wii U needs to be plugged into the internet, no wifi allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    My brother talked me into getting a 3DS and I was disappointed. The console itself is cool, just as cool as the regular DS, but I don't like using it in 3D and the speakers are a lot quieter than my regular DS. I just need to get some more games for it, which is also disappointing because Japanese games, to me, feel so out-of-date. I like the DS' puzzle games that use the touch screen because if it has a touch screen I want a good reason to use it. So, my only advice is don't get the 3DS just for Pokemon, look for some more games you will want to play afterwards too.
    You might want to try comparing your 3DS to others with sound. I sent mine in for repairs of a burnt out pixel when I bought it, because it bothered me, and it came back saying the speakers were also repaired, which I thought did sound a bit odd when I had it, it was pretty quiet. Didn't even say anything about the speakers, so I still love Nintendo just for that even

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Just put it like this, how many people own a 3DS (or DS) without owning the latests Pokemon as well. :P It would be 0 for me..and I know shitloads of people with a DS, ranging from kids to 40+ age. (granted the older ages are the vast minority).
    That's because it's Pokemon. No other reason really lol

I'm 25, been playing pokemon since Blue on the old game boy and ill play them till I die.

The thing is, most people who read these forums are probably 19-35. I'm sure you would find a similar pattern in any kind of age-related poll on these forums.

Also, I don't own a 3DS. Too busy playing real games.

I hope they remake Majora's Mask too, and it is a bit lame that the 3DS one only does online multiplayer if you have a Wii U with the app on it AND the Wii U needs to be plugged into the internet, no wifi allowed.
    Ya MH was one of the major selling points for me "Before the new zelda came out" because I though it would have online like TRI did for the Wii.

Then I learned it didn't and I refuse to pay more then 10$ for it now because it will feel like half a game to me. MH4 has already released in Japan and I hope everyone else gets a release at some point.

I think MM will be the next zelda because I do recall a comment from Nintendo saying they want to release a new zelda before it. My problem is if they change there mind and release it for the Wii-U and not 3DS I will be at a whole new level of pissed.

With easter eggs in both Animal Crossing New Leaf and Zelda ALBW about MM I feel its in the works and Nintendo is just being Quite about it. There was a IGN review where the guy from IGN asked a guy from nintendo about it and the guy from nintendo said "Just tell them I smiled"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Too busy playing real games.
    I do hope you was just making a joke.

Deleted
    The trouble is, i'm pretty sure 7-13 yo are not on these forums, or not that many. So the answers you'll get will be pretty biased really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    The trouble is, i'm pretty sure 7-13 yo are not on these forums, or not that many. So the answers you'll get will be pretty biased really.
    Because people don't know other people? If the majority of the people as far as I knew would be kids I'd have awnsered the poll in that range, not just my own age. The fact is that I a lot of kids don't play Pokemon because they think it's childish and not cool (talking about teenagers).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Should have gotten a XL its sound is better Or a 2DS. I don't use the 3D feature myself and I was originally just going to get a normal 3DS but I traded my Ps3 in and got the XL at a used games store near me.

Happy I got the XL over the normal one.
    I got a 3DS XL and my old one is a DSi XL. I love Nintendo's innovative hardware, but I just wish their software was more innovative too.

You might want to try comparing your 3DS to others with sound. I sent mine in for repairs of a burnt out pixel when I bought it, because it bothered me, and it came back saying the speakers were also repaired, which I thought did sound a bit odd when I had it, it was pretty quiet. Didn't even say anything about the speakers, so I still love Nintendo just for that even
    I compared it to my brother's and they are about the same. It's not crazy quiet, it's just hard to hear if people are watching TV or talking in the same room. I'm sure headphones would solve that problem though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    Hello,

So I just ordered a 3DS XL from Amazon to play Pokemon X/Y and mostly RPGs.

According to my friend, most people who use the 3DS or any other handheld console for that matter are kids between the ages of 7-13. I know he's wrong since there are many Nintendo fans who've been playing on handheld consoles for a long time.

So, I'm interested in knowing what age group has the most 3DS users.
    your friends an idiot. the 3ds is the fastest selling console on the market and selling like crazy. the wiiu is in a really bad place right now but nintendo are still making tons of money and its all because of the 3ds, thats how popular it is.

nintendo products are popular with all age groups
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552