Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Guild levelling changes in WoD

Are we expecting any changes to guild levelling in WoD.

My experience is that it's hard for new guilds to form because everyone is looking for a level 25 guild.

In the rare case that there is a new group of players starting a guild for themselves their options are to start a level 0 guild (which is okay as it's something they will build together and be a part of) but have hard time filling in the ranks as they offer no guild rewards, which is what a lot of casual players are doing in guilds through my knowledge, using them for guild rewards.

opinions, comments?

EDIT: I believe that it is everyone's right to have a fair chance at running a guild as it is something a lot of new players aspire to do. Whether they succeed or fail as a guild leader isn't the focus of this, but that this current system in effect takes this away from potential guild leaders.
    Last edited by ponies; 2013-12-29 at 01:42 AM.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They just need to remove the whole signing a charter thing and let anyone make a guild on their own if they want to.

Perks should probably be revised too so people will join ones that aren't level 25. I'm not sure what to do though. The whole idea of guild levels and perks has always been a bad idea for the game imo.

You should join a guild because you like the people and want to run content with them, not just to get leveling boosts, extra loot when mining, and free repairs. The whole design is flawed and contributes to the community becoming more toxic and less friendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they've said much about guilds yet in WoD as far as any changes. I agree though that the entire guild system needs to be looked at and redone. The perks did much more damage than good.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I don't have a source but on a pannel at Blizzcon someone asked about adding new guild perks for WOD, and the answer was no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild leveling made it near impossible to run dungeons, quests and raids with friends that are not in your own guild -- no benefit. Next, it discourages anyone ever leaving a guild, having to redo your reputation and not wanting to lose those precious perks. Made many want to be in an already established level 25 guild rather than help develop a guild.
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Guild levels, rep and perks should have never been added to the game. They need to be removed..

The perks can very easy be moved to a system controlled by the players to that account, not be held at ransom by the GM of a guild.

The entire Guild Level / rep / perks system needs to be removed completely.

They can readd some of those features (eg some guild perks) into garrisons or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post

They can readd some of those features (eg some guild perks) into garrisons or something.
    Agreed! a 100 times here

15+ Year Old Account
    I did like guild leveling but since they arn't adding anything to it it's pointless now. But anyway, there are too many guilds that get created for no reason now adays so people not making anymore isn't a big deal.

Perks and guild leveling should be removed imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    You should join a guild because you like the people and want to run content with them, not just to get leveling boosts, extra loot when mining, and free repairs. The whole design is flawed and contributes to the community becoming more toxic and less friendly.
    Rather than remove the current guild system, I would prefer Blizzard to make dungeon and raid teams similar to how arena teams used to function. That way you could be in a guild for social reasons and in a dungeon and/or raid team for actual endgame gameplay reasons.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole guild 'level' and perks system should be removed.

However the achievements, reputation and rewards from achievements should remain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure guild achievements is really worth it. In the end I feel that only the GM is having the accomplishment feeling...And even so it feels about the same as personnal achievements. Guild efforts should be something like defeating a pve boss, but doing guild achievements, I'm not sure.

Guild reputation on the contrary can help players to not switch guild too easily...maybe they can add better rewards or quality of life improvements to those who really are part of a guild and are not just some players asking to get invited just for perks.

Guild should not be too easy to create, not a button to click, requiring other players to sign a charter is fine imo. (not other characters, imo characters of players that use multiple accounts should not be capable of creating a guild on their own)

Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    Rather than remove the current guild system, I would prefer Blizzard to make dungeon and raid teams similar to how arena teams used to function. That way you could be in a guild for social reasons and in a dungeon and/or raid team for actual endgame gameplay reasons.
    I think guild wars 2 does something like this. You can be in multiple guilds but can only "represent" one guild at a time for perks or to level rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    I've been pushing something like this on forums for a while now: Let us join more than one guild but cap it at some level. I wouldn't have a problem being in a guild mostly devoted to raiding, another that was more casual and social, and a third that was made up of really good friends and family. I know it sounds crazy.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post

^ Couldn't agree more.

Edit: THey should also remove the guild charter-system.

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    I don't have a source but on a pannel at Blizzcon someone asked about adding new guild perks for WOD, and the answer was no.
    I thought they said they were removing guild levels altogether. I'm probably mistaken, or this thread wouldn't exist.

I don't think they're making any changes with guilds at all in WoD...

Perks ruined the idea of guilds.

They should be removed entirety, along with guild levels etc.

It's awful, spam invites to a million guilds "that are social and fun" where NO ONE speaks, it's not a guild, it's not a community.

The single reason most people create a guild apart from an actual raiding/pvp guild or a guild made up of real friends, is to invite as many people as possible to fill up the gbank aka the guild masters pocket thanks to one of the guild "perks" and the only reason people join is for 10% more rep and experience etc.

No community in guilds like this.

But they said they aren't adding anything to guilds at WoD when a guy asked it, but yeah, I wish they'd just remove the whole guild level and perk system.

Charters got nerfed, they should just remove those as well, pointless these days.

The only thing i expect is the change or remove of the mass ress perk similar to what happen with the mass porting.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.