Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Iron Juggernaut Ricochet

Hey all. Today I was on my first trial raid with a heroic guild and everything was going on just fine until Iron Juggernaut. We one shot the boss and I was the only one who died, getting whacked by ricochet every time. I'm always one to move out of fires etc... but this ricochet. Oh boy... How do you avoid it? It's completely random where it goes but nobody in the raid seemed to ever be getting hit by it except me. Is there some kind of magic to avoiding getting hit by the ricochet?
    Last edited by Sundrah; 2013-12-29 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundrah View Post
    Hey all. Today I was my first trial raid with a heroic guild and everything was going on just fine until Iron Juggernaut. We one shot the boss and I was the only one who died, getting whacked by ricochet every time. I'm always one to move out of fires etc... but this ricochet. Oh boy... How do you avoid it? It's completely random where it goes but nobody in the raid seemed to ever be getting hit by it except me. Is there some kind of magic to avoiding getting hit by the ricochet?
    Near as I can tell it's random, someone's getting hit and you just heal through it. Never been an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Near as I can tell it's random, someone's getting hit and you just heal through it. Never been an issue.
    It wouldn't be an issue for me but I just know that one day I'll get lasered and hit by it at the same time and hence be unsavable.

Ricochet is pretty random, don't worry too much about it.

I'd be more upset about getting literally surrounded by 4-5 barrages in P2 and dying because couldn't get away fast enough. Hate that boss because of that.

Deleted
    you can avoid it by doing few steps in right side but it depends on your position and is pretty random..sometimes it can hit you 2 times in 1 sec..what will one shot you...

if you will see fight few more times i am sure you will get it ;p but you cant avoid all richochets

Deleted
    From what I've heard it will choose 3 random players when it spawns, remember what location they had when it spawned, and then travel there.
    So in theory if you sidestep just after it spawns you should avoid it but it also depends on who it is going for next and what position they had.

Ricochet picks the two furthest raid members from the boss and travels in a tear-shape between where they were standing when the ability activated, the blade always travels in a symmetrical pattern back to the arm which held the blade. As long as you pay attention to the cooldown on Ricochet and move from where you were standing, it will not hit you.
    Last edited by Nanilith; 2013-12-29 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanilith View Post
    Ricochet picks the two furthest raid members from the boss and travels in a tear-shape between where they were standing when the ability activated, the blade always travels in a symmetrical pattern back to the arm which held the blade. As long as you pay attention to the cooldown on Ricochet and move from where you were standing, it will not hit you.
    Alright thanks. Is this confirmed? In the fatboss video they just claim it's completely random.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundrah View Post
    Alright thanks. Is this confirmed? In the fatboss video they just claim it's completely random.
    Afaik, it targets 2 raid members at random, not the 2 furthest, although it has a tendency to target players further away.

When it heads straight for you from the boss it can be hard to dodge, but if it goes for someone to the side of you, you should try to move 'diagonally' back or forth.
    It's hard to explain, and pretty hard to dodge too, but you'll get used to it after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I'd be more upset about getting literally surrounded by 4-5 barrages in P2 and dying because couldn't get away fast enough. Hate that boss because of that.

If it bothers you that much you could always cheese it and stand 200 yards away from the boss in phase 2 since the DPS requirement is non-existent.

If it bothers you that much you could always cheese it and stand 200 yards away from the boss in phase 2 since the DPS requirement is non-existent.
    Seeing as the boss has been on farm since week 2 of the patch and I play 25m, I'd say "LOL" to this post.

Seeing as the boss has been on farm since week 2 of the patch and I play 25m, I'd say "LOL" to this post.
    is this a "25m is super hard" post
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

You're the one who came into the thread to complain about the boss annoying you, a solution was offered.

You're the one who came into the thread to complain about the boss annoying you, a solution was offered.
    It's the only boss where RNG can truly kill you.

He puts his arm down when he's about to shoot a ricochet. The thing is aimed at where it's going to go.. you can move with PLENTY of time to spare. The rebound hit is also chosen on launch.. so just moving when it launches is all you need to do. Very simple.

It's the only boss where RNG can truly kill you.
    It's not the random number generator if you deliberately sit near the boss instead of out-ranging it because you're awesome or whatever.

Deleted
    Just watch the timer. When it comes off cd it will spawn under him and you can see which way it's going to go. Obviously it's random where it turns but you have to just be sensible and watch it. It comes with practise tbh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nanilith View Post
    If this were true then it would ALWAYS target me as I'm always furthest from boss. While it does seem to prefer me it is by no means a definite thing.

Deleted
    I doubt anyone can "confirm" how it works, but it certainly works like people have pointed out here. It chooses two raid members and then does a tear-shaped round rolling through the points determined when it spawned. Which means you can just move a step to the left/right or forward as soon as the wheel should be coming out.

The only thing I'd call random is it rolling back the same way immediately, effectively one-hitting if the player hit wasn't at full HP. But from my experience that's 1/5 to 1/10 of wheels. It certainly isn't so random that the same person dies each and every pull. We have one of those players in our raid, and the truth is, he's awful at moving out of stuff simply. That includes the big red circles.

It always moves in a "U" shape away from the boss. It is random where it begins, and which way it will turn, but the shape is always the same. Just try to side step it as it leaves the boss.
    Twitter

RIP Summon Stone - Resto Druid Guide Relocated to Wowhead!