Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Everyone makes mistakes, thats how games is won. Not all battlegroups are hard either buddy.
    And what you are saying essentially is that fury is not glad material? even between 3 pro's?.
    I beg the differ.
    Don't know to which extent this really matters though. Obviously wow pvp has never been competitive enough that good players actually couldn't make something work even though it was essentially considered crap.

ive been arms a majority of this patch solely due to the consistent dmg it pulls out but I have tried fury and coupled with an enhance shaman the comp is literally unstoppable in 3s ive been callin the comp Bill Cosby Sweater Cleave any healer will do but with a priest its golden spec shockwave pick a target when the door opens charge open wit a fear to try to get them to trink then shockwave an blow the guy up wit the shaman lol works everytime the dmg output is practically unhealable (this is at 1800+mmr)
    "I am the beginning of the end...the shadow which blots out the sun...the bell which tolls your doom... For this moment ALONE was I made. Look upon your death, mortals, and despair!"- Ultraxion
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c3%adno/simple

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solseka View Post
    ive been arms a majority of this patch solely due to the consistent dmg it pulls out but I have tried fury and coupled with an enhance shaman the comp is literally unstoppable in 3s ive been callin the comp Bill Cosby Sweater Cleave any healer will do but with a priest its golden spec shockwave pick a target when the door opens charge open wit a fear to try to get them to trink then shockwave an blow the guy up wit the shaman lol works everytime the dmg output is practically unhealable (this is at 1800+mmr)
    What rating did you reach?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

You guys can argue its good all day with your super bursty comps, but until I see a fury warrior above 2200 then its obviously not useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    A) Your CS burst window is predictable. This makes it easy to plan CCs around your "burst window". (Arms has unpredictable CS timers, making it much harder to shut down)
    B) Your damage is dependent on enrage being up. If you are facing any comp with a rogue, a hunter, or a druid in it, you are unable to do much damage due to being constantly calmed. (Arms damage is dependent on higher CS time and full rage pull for slamming, which is much more difficult to counter then dispelling enrage)
    C) Your rage generation requires higher uptime on the target compared to arms' rage generation. (Arms generates 12 rage per melee hit, and it comes about every 3 seconds. Fury generates, what was it, 6 per hit with a 1 hander 8 with a 2 hander? And you have a much higher miss chance, so you need more uptime to generate more rage in the same amount of time compared to arms).

So, Fury's burst windows are much harder to obtain then Arm's burst windows. IF you do obtain one, you do significantly more damage then Arms. In addition, due to rage income being much slower, and raging blow requiring an enrage effect to use, Fury's sustained is significantly less then Arm's sustained at higher ranked.

Of course, because of this, its much easier to land kills as Fury at lower rankings, as players do NOT pressure/peel very well at those rankings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury has and will always be the go to PvE spec, but it should never be taken seriously in PvP... all you can really do is mess around to 2k rating if you know what you're doing or you can just make a shenanigans BG spec. The reason fury isn't good, is because they can only train. A fury warrior can constantly split and be defensive, they mainly have to be on the offense, which doesn't help when they can be easily CC'd.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Having fun as fury ? Ignore what people say continue to play it. when it stops being fun and gets to the point where you are screaming at people for not doing as well as you expect them to, then its time stop before you turn into the Angry German Kid

I think the major point really falls down onto (and in one word) is:

Gimmicky

Fury bursts better than Arms, ideally.
    There is a vast gap between the number of Arms Warriors vs the number of Fury Warriors in pvp, and, as such, there is a vast difference in familiarity between players fighting the mentioned specs.
    Due to the shorter "window of opportunity" for Fury (for various reasons), there is higher chance at failure; aka, high risk, high reward.

Arms goes in, hits buttons, and then when an opportunity arrives, tries to snatch victory or at least make a large enough deficit that the next opportunity could be won. This is partly due to strong 'consistent damage' and the fact it is a warrior.

Fury goes in, preps for burst, and (more or less) attempts an all or nothing opportunity, due to the lack of damage outside of burst phases and the possibility for opponents to adapt and prepare for the incoming burst (holding trinket off, or a def cd, off till your main cds come back again).

Even (in the unlikely scenario) if a Fury warrior got to 2400+, it'd most likely be due to the opponents not being able to close off the "window of opportunity" due to their lack of experience vs the spec (or due to some other reason they are found wanting) OR due to large payoffs by gambling at unique times that the opponent was unable to adapt or react too.

If the circumstances weren't as controlled as they are (amount of stats needed to maximize damage, Enrage being able to be calmed, the delta between defensive and offensive cds), fury would be incredibly strong, as it showed when fury warriors would stack absurd amounts of mastery, where a few lucky crits (or a situational berserker's rage usage) could easily decide a match.

I think Gforce streamed a few fights with fury at around 2200. Him and some Destro Lock where abusing Dragon's Roar and mastery stacking. Fury does alot and I mean ALOT of dmg. You can nail people easily for 200-300k depending on what you have proced. The trouble is and you can see in some of his vids that if he fails to kill you in those few seconds its basicly a loss. PvP is about burst, but if its not reliable burst, or your spec has no control/pressure when you are not bursting its going to cause alot of problems. Making you a one hit wonder, people will learn what to watch for and counter it and collect your points and move on.

Deleted
    It seems like, the fact that you are vastly superior, pissed off two other Players, filled with useless Information in this Thread, Darkfriend my Warrior Colleague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    It seems like, the fact that you are vastly superior, pissed off two other Players, filled with useless Information in this Thread, Darkfriend my Warrior Colleague.
    None of what I said was flaming or the like. Anything works at low levels. This applies to leveling, skill, etc. You CAN play fury and win at any skill level too, but that doesn't mean you will consistently, so that doesn't hold up either, and it doesn't mean its better.

You rely on enrage, CS, and burst. All of which can be easily negated by compotent opponents. CS is predictable, as is burst, and enrage both relies on constant uptime, but also can easily be negated. You have no pressure outside of CDs/CS.

Fury is bad in PvP. It's not really a subjective matter. I'm not really sure what there is to discuss about it. Can it work? Sure. It's just not GOOD. It's like saying "why the hate for arms in PVE." Arms can work. There are even places where arms is good. But it's not better. Same for fury in PVP. It can work. But it's not good. And what someone did last season, two seasons ago, two expacs ago simple does not matter- it in no way has ANY relevance to the state of fury currently in pvp. Anymore than how well arms did in DS has any weight for how arms performs now. It just doesn't matter.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2014-01-06 at 08:53 AM.

Fury burst is predictable, less constant pressure than arms provides via CS uptime and better deep wounds, sitting in D stance (which you will need to do) will gut your rage of which fury needs alot more of to be efficient. Fury is good for burst/gimmicky 2s and thats about it, especially after the arms bladestorm buff. The only reason there's "hate" for it is you are playing a noticeably worse spec that doesn't really provide any benefit over arms, besides some minor self-healing and more health. Especially after the massive buffs to arms, theres really no reason to even give fury a chance.

Sure its not "that" bad and doesn't really deserve the hate it gets, but its like playing an arcane mage when you could be playing frost; people will talk bad about it. At least certain specs like survival hunters provide extra benefit, in their case they get additional roots with snake trap and frost trap that the other specs don't get. Besides some extra stats on a 2nd weapon and a minor self-heal from bloodthirst, they don't get anything unique or significant to give an edge over arms.

That said, if you like it then go for it; I play marks when everyone was BM because of my hatred for BM and did fine. If I was actually concerned with pushing rating on him I would have gone BM but thats another issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

if PVP gear was better or if PVE gear wasn't scaled down, and fury could theortically reach 40% crit then it would be somewhat viable. Even with 40% crit arms would probably be better because of sudden death (which resets colossus smash cooldown) overpower (which can't be dodged or parried) healing debuff at your rage building ability as opposed to a rage spending ability and finally the incredible pressure of deep wounds.