Thread: Fans + Case

Fans + Case

My knowledge of computers is so-so, I apologize if I am missing any key information in this post.

I'm looking to replace the fans in my computer, as my current ones are really loud. A friend of a friend that I knew had Noctua fans in their rig. I was there before and after the install and it made a world of difference.

I was leaning towards these, but from what I understand they are better fit for computers with reservoirs. I'm also not sure which fans I would use, I was under the impression that you would use a different type of fan for the back of your case and the front.

I am also in the market for a new case, I'm currently using the Nine Hundred Two V3 by Antec. It's a nice case but I'm not opposed to switching it up.

My budget it $600.

600 bucks for a case and some fans?

That case is actually really nice and has very quality fans inside of it, im not sure what you are exactly looking for. If they are too loud for you just turn them down to low, they are all speed adjutable fans inside that case. I have the antec 300 illusion and on low the fans are inaudible, and thats all you need for airflow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    I am also in the market for a new case, I'm currently using the Nine Hundred Two V3 by Antec. It's a nice case but I'm not opposed to switching it up.

My budget it $600.
    The Antec 900 is a decent case, it just has one major flaw: changing hard drives. In my experience the fans are not that bad, you just need to regulate them with a fan controller.

If you are looking for a silent case, i can recommend the Fractal Design Define R4. Already equipped with sound dampening, quite roomy, build in fan controller and the fans it comes with are basically inaudible on the low speed setting.
    Last edited by Biernot; 2014-01-01 at 12:16 AM.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

TJ11 (600$) or FT02 (250$). Both perform the same etc but the TJ11 is more of a watercooling case and you probs wont even go custom watercooling then it's just for the blingbling over a FT02.
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

10+ Year Old Account
    From the description it seems the case has 3x120mm and 1x200mm fans, by default.
    If you had the case for a while and they are being loud, you can replace them.
    For example you can go to:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ame=5-10%20dBA
    Already have filters for you, the lowest is 5-10dB (that's how loud the fans are, the lower the better). So those 4 will be the quietest choice, if you are only concerned about noise levels. You need 3 of those.
    As for the big fan on top of the case:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...me=15-20%20dBA
    15-30dB seems to be the lowest offer.
    All of these fans are already as quiet as it can get, you then need to look which fan has highest Air Flow (highest CFM number) and choose that
    The more expensive fans tend to have better bearings (so they are quiet for longer), but they have low Air Flow. Just set your priorities and then decide.

I'm using Nexus Version1 case, had it for over 6years, it has noise dampening material, but not really a looker like yours
    Last edited by Cyrops; 2014-01-01 at 10:15 AM.
    PM me weird stuff :3