Poll: Is pet leveling speed too slow? Is it even necessary?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Unless you hit the trainers in an efficient manner, I find leveling a pet from 1-25 a fairly tedious, but necessary, process. =/

Wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't taken the bonus XP away from the Legendary pets. Not that most of them can really be one or two manned anymore either, but...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

i agree it's slow, but that is what an RPG is about, putting effort into something to access more complex content. My real problem with the way pet battling works is the in addition to levels, you also have quality. Particularly with pets that you don't catch in battles, this seems like an artificial barrier to game-play.

Why should I spend the time to level a non-rare pet when I need the stone to make it worth my while at 25, and that stone will reduce its level and alter the quality? Having quality, level, and stat concerns just makes leveling my non-essential pets seem unnecessary.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people forget that there are also players who like the leveling.
    I don't care about pet battles, just want to lvl all my pets to 25. Gives me something to do.
    I personally would be very sad if Blizzard would ever decide to skip the leveling bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I don't understand the point of leveling pets. Why not just give the pet all its moves by default? Just doesn't make sense to me, it's just another useless artificial barrier. I'm sure without it a lot more people would be doing pet battles.
    i totally agree. the first mention of how to acquire new battle pets was interesting to me: be in the right zone at the right time of day/night during the right weather conditions, or even seasons. this is much more exciting to me then current, with little to no focus on interesting ways to find these cute little guys, and instead focus on the drove of leveling. its such a snore. blizzard missed the excitement with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

There are a few ways to powerlevel pets and get Pet Treat XP things but I've stopped pet battling these past few months from being burned out trying to level an arsenal of pets to beat Celestials. I would enjoy a Pet Day Care type NPC who could level your pets for you for x amount of gold cause I'm pretty sick of it even though I can level 1 or 2 pets pretty quickly in a day.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that people need to game the system to power level pets kind of speaks for itself, in my opinion. If it was really fun and challenging, then people wouldn't need/want to game it.

I find pet leveling very tedious and time consuming. I don't know what it could be, but I wish there was a better way.

Deleted
    its fine like it is l2play with hat and treats...

It looks like we have a more or less even split, with slightly more saying that current leveling speed is fine.

I think this comment summarizes my opinion best:
    Quote Originally Posted by Azwing View Post
    The fact that people need to game the system to power level pets kind of speaks for itself, in my opinion. If it was really fun and challenging, then people wouldn't need/want to game it.

I find pet leveling very tedious and time consuming. I don't know what it could be, but I wish there was a better way.
    Thanks to all for your votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    its fine like it is l2play with hat and treats...
    Yes, pet battling so I can get more exp from pet battles so I can finally take on the next rock paper scissors pet battle seems fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

It's too slow and boring, even for my casual ass.

I think there are still a lot of people who do not know how easy it is to level a pet by carrying it along through the battlepet daily quests. It takes only a few dailies to level a pet from 1-25. Just get yourself an Anubisath Idol and Emerald Proto-Whelp, and go find the beginner guide to daily pet leveling on warcraftpets.com
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )

If you're just grinding a pet from 1-25 off random critters in VotFW on your Lv.90, you're really doing it wrong. You should be doing it on your sub-90 alt if you're going to resort to that; the XP gain from doing that is completely ridiculous.

Deleted
    it takes like 2 hours (at the very most) to power level a pet to 25 using two others.

Best way is to get 2 rare quality beat pets with some kind of healing ability like devour or feed and head to a place where there a shitton of critters and use a safari hat. you might never have to visit a stable trainer to heal this way which gives you more time spent on leveling. i once leveled 4 pets from 1-25 within 3 hours this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Leveling pets is fine imo. I have every pet in the game minus Murky, and each one of them is rare and level 25, and has been since April of last year (minus the new ones added in patches since, but those get leveled up to 25 in the hour I get them). You can get 4 pets from 1 to 25 an hour from tamers that give bags (all of pandaria's, one in uldum, one in winterspring, one in deadwind pass, one in shadowmoon valley, one in icecrown). And since the time I got them all 25, there have been new pet treats added, giving 50% bonus exp/hour. You can get 2 of these per week guaranteed, and are likely to get many of the 25% exp pet treats. All up, that equates to roughly 5-6 pets per day from trainers, which take just shy of an hour (which is the length of the pet treats). Chances are you'll get 2 stones you can use to upgrade pets to rare too. Do an hour every day for 3-4 months, and you'll have every pet rare and 25, less if you don't have all the rare/expensive pets.

And even if you aren't huge into leveling pets, 4 pets a day guaranteed 1-25 from an hour of tamers is fast enough for anyone.

That being said, if you want pets 25 as quick as possible, then you're going to burn yourself out. Small bites, an hour here and there, is the best way to do it. Trainers are best bang for your buck in terms of speed.

If you're not "huge into leveling pets," the catch-22 is there's no way in Hell you'll be able to do all the master tamers in an hour, or probably even two hours, or even at all, since to two man them you need to have a bunch of perfect counters and double counters leveled up the tedious way first. Actually you can get screwed by a single miss on a number of the masters, even when using appropriate counters, which can cost you upwards of 5 minutes/attempt, so even for experienced players I think an hour is a considerable underestimate, especially when you consider travel-time.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    it takes like 2 hours (at the very most) to power level a pet to 25 using two others.
    Using the Safari Hat and an hour long pet treat it takes more like 35 minutes if you do it in the right place with the right combo of pets: for me that's Vale of EtB killing skimmers with any level 1 and an Arcane Eye and Gilnean Raven at max level.
    Last edited by Allatar; 2014-01-10 at 01:32 PM.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    I don't understand the point of leveling pets. Why not just give the pet all its moves by default? Just doesn't make sense to me, it's just another useless artificial barrier. I'm sure without it a lot more people would be doing pet battles.
    Or a lot less because you are fighting with less and less of a goal. If you didn't level up your pet I know I wouldn't ever do it, it would become pointless rather quickly.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    If you're not "huge into leveling pets," the catch-22 is there's no way in Hell you'll be able to do all the master tamers in an hour, or probably even two hours, or even at all, since to two man them you need to have a bunch of perfect counters and double counters leveled up the tedious way first. Actually you can get screwed by a single miss on a number of the masters, even when using appropriate counters, which can cost you upwards of 5 minutes/attempt, so even for experienced players I think an hour is a considerable underestimate, especially when you consider travel-time.
    You dont have to have a huge collection of pets to be leveling with tamers. Many of them can be done with just an Anubisath Idol and Emerald Proto-whelp.
    Tishelle (Rogue) - Tisha (Mage) - Tishandra (DK) - Tisharia (Priest) - Tishanna (Warlock) - Tishie (Monk) - Tishette (Boosted Warrior )

Ehh, what? The pet leveling goes incredibly fast, takes like 30minutes with helm, even less if u use the snack.