Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    And why not? You can already have same faction fights in arena and they even made same faction world pvp possible on timeless isle.Introducing same faction bg's would actually put back interest for alot of ppl that dont really do bg's anymore.
    Arena and RBG is rated play. And the thing on Timeless Isle is more of a "I want to kill everyone", not just same-faction shenanigans. Implementing same-faction random BGs would be the last nail in the coffin for any chance the Alliance might have to make a recovery from the exodus that has been happening over the past year or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fransje View Post
    For some reason, I've never expierenced really long BG queue times on Horde. But that is three years ago... So not really that relevant anymore.
    People have been mass-switching to Horde in recent times, leaving Alliance with really crappy win-rates but with exceedingly fast queues in comparison to Horde.

I don't know the last few days I've been queuing bgs with a few friends and we get the avg wait time is 30 mins or so but we never waited more then like 10 mins to get into a bg. Even this morning when I queued with a friend the avg wait time was 55 mins so my friend figured he could run to the bathroom after sitting in the que for a couple mins and as soon as he left it popped. I think the avg wait time is off by alot. The only time I have seen it be accurate is when it's said the avg wait was like 8-10 mins, never had to wait longer then that unless the queue got paused cause someone dc's or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    Well now I don't feel so bad only winning 1 in every 3 bgs knowing I can play 3 before horde can play one!

lately pvp as alliance is terrible (lately being last few patches)
    takes an avg 5 games or even more jsut to get the daily win, even with close to instant q, it can take up to 2 hours to get that first win
    my friend on horde server waits an avg 15-20min to get into a bg, he wins it first go usually 75% of the time

i would love the longer q times if i could have a greater chance to win

its not liek you gotta stay in one place waiting for q to pop
    i usually either mine/herb or hunt rares for lesser coins/crafting mats depending on toon im on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Arena and RBG is rated play. And the thing on Timeless Isle is more of a "I want to kill everyone", not just same-faction shenanigans. Implementing same-faction random BGs would be the last nail in the coffin for any chance the Alliance might have to make a recovery from the exodus that has been happening over the past year or two.

- - - Updated - - -

People have been mass-switching to Horde in recent times, leaving Alliance with really crappy win-rates but with exceedingly fast queues in comparison to Horde.

So saying because its rated lore shouldnt matter if thats what is holding back making normal bgs from going that route...what kind of logic is that supposed to be.Thats like saying normal raids should only be same faction groups but heroic raiding can be cross faction because it is deemed by many as the only one that really matters.
    Here come the Irish.

I had an average wait time of one hour today! Needless to say I left que after 7 or 8 min.

i think all horde period should blacklist AV and IoC

Probably because many alliance like me don't want to to lose any more so we just stopped Qing up

Hard to have faction pride when the top guilds on your server keep faction changing due to overpoweringly better racials and knowing that all the really low percentage wipes would have been kills if we were horde. There are less Alliance because the races are stacked to be better as Horde, you can just sit in your queues in use the time constructively to write letters to Blizzard asking them to nerf Horde racials and give anyone who faction transferred in the last 2 years (Alliance to Horde) a free reversion.
    Last edited by Nzete; 2014-01-02 at 12:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i rather wait more and have a 85% chance of a win than have a 20sec alliance queue to a 2/0 horde wsg with horde farming kills for the next 10 mins.

This is a well known problem..Horde has a huge advantage in pvp and pve (racials) but blizzard is taking their sweet time to fix that.

Super easy solution to bg problem: FFA BG. Free for all, kill everyone, the 3 best get the most honor points.
    That will fix both the queues and the ally/horde balancement.
    Last edited by Icathian; 2014-01-02 at 01:22 AM.

Ive been seing expected queue times of 1hr+ but still get into them at about 8ish minutes.

Clearly the human pvp racial isn't overpowered enough. Everyone still plays Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Clearly the human pvp racial isn't overpowered enough. Everyone still plays Horde.
    To say that human racial is OP is laughable. With the introduction of PVP Power and PVP resilience in MoP and the fact that trinkets have been designed exclusively to counter human racial, indicates that people who still yell "humans OP" have not PVP in any sort of competitive capacity and are still living back in Cataclysm.

Undead and Orc is where the game is at now.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    To say that human racial is OP is laughable. With the introduction of PVP Power and PVP resilience in MoP and the fact that trinkets have been designed exclusively to counter human racial, indicates that people who still yell "humans OP" have not PVP in any sort of competitive capacity and are still living back in Cataclysm.

Undead and Orc is where the game is at now.
    EU might have more Alliance who pvp, but the US side Orcs and Undead make up 53% of all 2200+ players.
    http://www.arenamate.net/?region=US&...200&ladder=3v3

Clearly Human Racial is still OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the only solution is to implement cross-faction BG, horde vs horde and alliance vs alliance, the lore guys are going to cry but I think the gameplay is more important.

The two faction system only works if both factions have equal number of players willing to pvp but the alliance don't seem very interested in pvp and every day there are less alliance players participating in BG's. I don't know if is because of the racials but aparently the alliance use to lose more and the majority of players don't enjoy losing, another factor is that the horde frecuently queue in premade groups making the alliance game experience even more miserable and that definitely don't help to motivate them to queue more frecuently.

These differences will always exist and as long as there are paid faction changes one side will end with more players and longer queues, cross-faction BG's could help to solve this problem, the tecnology exists but Blizzard refuses to implement it, why? the lore? come on, how many pvp'rs do you know that care about the lore of BG's?

Actually always losing isn't fun at all, I'd rather have long queues and win. I agree with the mercenary system or w/e but it's not happening in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know queue times were so bad for horde lol. On Alliance I've been getting like 20-40 second queues for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Alocin View Post
    Isle of Conquest weekend says hello!!!!

Most of the Horde has IoC and AV blacklisted while Alliance do not as they are generally free wins for them.
    All Alliance were running instant queues to the Call to Arms IoC while Horde were sitting in 15 min+ queues with IoC Blacklisted.
    Nope

I'm ally, and on AV call to arms and IoC call to arms, my queue time is around 10 - 15 minutes also, sometimes 20 minutes. When its not call to arms, both maps queue in about 3 to 4 minutes.

Probably horde blacklist them mostly when they are call to arms, being them the only 2 maps where ally wins more than looses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    and i know some will say "alliance may have faster queue times but they lose all the time LOL" but at least going in and actually playing in a battleground is more fun...
    Nah, winning is more fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Nope

I'm ally, and on AV call to arms and IoC call to arms, my queue time is around 10 - 15 minutes also, sometimes 20 minutes. When its not call to arms, both maps queue in about 3 to 4 minutes.

Probably horde blacklist them mostly when they are call to arms, being them the only 2 maps where ally wins more than looses.
    Alliance flood into those BGs when they are on CtA, since that's the easiest way for an alliance solo player to get CP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I have a Hordy and a FILTHY Alliance for this exact reason.

King Warlucia stated before about CROSS faction BG's.. just to speed up the que system. Maybe even Ally vs Ally, Horde vs Horde etc etc... because Horde Vs. Ally is SUPER imbalanced right now. PVP wise it's 75% Horde 25% Ally