Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Here's my que!

I should really find something worthwhile to put here now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde racials are OP.

And bitching about this won't do anything.
    You can't "nerf alliance" and solve this problem.

its not an mechanical problem, more people on horde side que for bgs then alliance, only possible fix is making same faction random bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    How the hell do the Horde have an advantage in SotA? It's random who defends and attacks first.
    It's not an advantage due to the map, it's due to the difference in who queues. This spontaneous social difference isn't any individual's fault, so you can't really it blame it on the players.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Well, I've solo queued for BGs since Classic**, and while they're as short now as they've ever been, my winning percentage is by far the lowest now that it's ever been. Seems to me like Blizzard did something with racials, and nearly all the top alliance PvE guilds went horde and it started somewhat of a domino effect into PvP. So we've got a large percentage of all the top PvPers now horde as well. So all the PvPers who're very high level but not top, jump ship to horde (if they weren't already) so they can keep up with the top tier players. So really the alliance is left with a bit of a vacuum of quality players now, at least in comparison to horde.

Also, too many people are using OQueue to stack the deck (sort of speak) in terms of PvP, making it even more likely that if you're solo queuing, you're setting yourself up for failure (at least alliance side).

I would say Blizzard should equalize the racials or outright remove them, but if they do that. What's the incentive for all the top PvE/PvP alliance players that went horde in the past year+ to come back? Faction pride? Preferred looks? They'd likely stay where they are and choose to not spend RL money for no power gain.

Seems like the damage is done.

Long story short, OP. Your average Joe playing alliance loses a lot, so it isn't fun, so they stop queuing. Plus the whole black listing nonsense exacerbates the situation.

** Enough to earn Battlemaster, Justicar, 100K+ HKs, and 3 master of achis for Khan prior to MoP going live, all solo.
    I agree completely with this guy. I tried to gear my shammy for pvp after it dinged. Got all the crafted gear.. and then got owned by the horde in like 4 BGs. So i said to myself i wont pvp again. I think something needs to happen to make it all balanced
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Has anyone actually had to wait for more than 30 minutes for a bg to happen, despite what the average wait time says??

Because so far, for me and everyone I know, we haven't had to wait for more than 15 minutes, tops.

Pretty sure that it is a glitch on the wait time, like several others have said.

Unless they introduce same faction bgs, I'm afraid this will be permanent damage to the game. A lot of alliance players, the decent ones, have given up on pvp for the time being.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should just do the RBG type of queuing..

Would be faster for everyone, but then again.
    Would more people want faster queues = more games = more fun. Or the feeling of fighting the other faction for the land or resources..
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

I must be in a specifically lucky battlegroup, I'm on Sylvanas Alliance, and when I do randoms for lulz we don't lose much. There are a lot of close calls, but not to many loses, to the point it would be frustrating. I have on rule tho. I never queue after midnight and before 5 in the afternoon. That's when all the bots come out to play, and everything becomes unplayable as Alliance. As long as you stick to peak hours all is good.

Our queue times are around 1 to 15 seconds for most Battlegrounds and about 30 seconds for IoC or AV as it takes more time to assemble 40 I guess.

My 2 blacklisted BGs are Katmogu and Deepwind Gorge. Katmogu because Huttball translated to WoW is fucking stupid (tho I don't mind its RBG format where you actually get healing and support, and you can communicate, Katmogu is an excellent RBG, but horrible for randoms). And Deepwind Gorge is because while I actually like the Battleground quite a lot, for some reason Alliance seems to be totally incapable of playing it.

I have mixed results with Silvershard. But I do admit a lot of that is owned to the fact that the layout of that BG is so heavily Horde biased with the double cart cap from the start.

Deleted
    Funny how on my alliance I tend to win usually with an instant queue (WsG blacklisted) and on my (lvl 50) horde I queue for 15-30 minutes and then lose a lot since I got out of the 10-20 brackets.
    I usually play during off hours between 9-11 in the morning. On the other hand if I queue on for example weekend evenings it's the other way round, lose with alliance and win with horde. So all of you who are complaining about getting losing streaks, try to log on different times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    Funny how on my alliance I tend to win usually with an instant queue (WsG blacklisted) and on my (lvl 50) horde I queue for 15-30 minutes and then lose a lot since I got out of the 10-20 brackets.
    I usually play during off hours between 9-11 in the morning. On the other hand if I queue on for example weekend evenings it's the other way round, lose with alliance and win with horde. So all of you who are complaining about getting losing streaks, try to log on different times.
    I've noticed maybe a slight difference regarding the time and my win percentage. Alliance winning more in the earlier mornings (say 5-10AM), and horde winning more in the evening and night (like 6PM-2AM). But really, being an adult with a job, outside of the weekends, how do you regularly log on at different times? I don't know about you, but I can only play WoW in the evenings during the weekdays and sporadically on the weekends, depening on what's going on that day.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

My queues say 3 hours but its more like 15 minutes.

I am all for Same faction BG's. This should help with Queue times and Horde being on the alliance side in things like AV/IoC sometimes will result in people blacklisting BG's they dont like. Personally I dont hate AV but horde rarely plays to win so I black list it. Also if I dont black list it I get it 4/5 BG's.

If they dont start same faction randoms then I bet everyone is just going to start using group finder in 6.0 for crap random RBG's. Its sad I can pop up OQ get a yolo group and get into a RBG faster than a random one by myself on horde.

I don't know how you guys are getting such high que times, mine are usually around 5 - 10 minutes on Bleeding Hollow.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I've noticed maybe a slight difference regarding the time and my win percentage. Alliance winning more in the earlier mornings (say 5-10AM), and horde winning more in the evening and night (like 6PM-2AM). But really, being an adult with a job, outside of the weekends, how do you regularly log on at different times? I don't know about you, but I can only play WoW in the evenings during the weekdays and sporadically on the weekends, depening on what's going on that day.
    Well im still studying at uni, so it's easy for me to log on for one or two bg's in the morning. Might have to switch over to horde when i start working if it continues like this though.
    On the other hand, at least on EU side now that our bg's are merged with russians I have noticed that russian horde sucks really bad, and russian alliance tend to be better. Maybe it will affect the win percentages a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    PVP wise it's 75% Horde 25% Ally
    60% 40% would be a stretch to argue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."