Deleted

Help with my shen guide c:

Hey Mmo champion community, i have recently made a shen guide, and would love it if i could get some feedback and tips on it, im not a massive shen player, but this build works for me whenever i play ranked. Thanks for the help ! c:

http://www.lolking.net/guides/220933

cheers, tgb.

I tend to level shield first on Shen to help sustain against more pokier champs. You'll end up doing most of your damage with his Ki strike, rather than a low damage mid range attack that vorpal blade gives. Also, the longer the shield is active (ie the more it shields you for) the quicker you refresh ki strike, since it reduces ki strikes cooldown by 1 second per melee attack while it holds.

Also not sure about using ignite. Unless you're building Shen non tank, you'll rarely get a kill solo, and teleport is too useful for split pushing, which Shen excels at.

Interesting about the flash taunt though, I will give that a go.
    RETH

The way you build you would get poked so far down vs some of these champions that you'll be out of lane constantly because you have to back. If you're going against somebody who has poke and you're leveling Q first you're done and you've lost lane. I will give you a prime example of this:

High ranged poke
    Good duelist
    No level 6 power spike
    Can interrupt Stand United
    This matchup is all about surviving and waiting for jungler ganks. CS'ing is crucial and you should attempt to keep up to 75-90% of Jayce's farm. Post level 9 or so you should be able to start dueling him, especially with a (sunfire cape)
    His poke isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. However you're going to take lots of dmg trying to last hit and if you fall behind early you will fall behind late. Maxing Q just makes this issue worse as you can try to bully Jayce out of lane using Q on him early game where his LS isn't anything to write home about, however in doing so you're going to miss a lot of CS.

If you max your shield first you can afford to stand there and last hit a bit as he doesn't do nearly the dmg as he used to early game.

Shen, imo, is one of the champions that you have to see how the game is going to figure out what you should level first. If you're having an easy lane sure go for it and max Q. If you're going to have a rough time in lane, max W. You want to ult more, get spirit visage first. You want to split push faster, get sunfire cape. His items will be the same but the order can change.

Overall it isn't a bad guide. I would go a bit more in depth with a few things and take a look at guides that are popular and see what they do and take parts you like and bring them into your guides.

Deleted
    i find maxing W is a bit of a crutch for bad players. If you play a lane correctly all you'll get vs ranged when you come to farm is 1-2 autoatacks, post mitigation that's 100-120 damage. Definatly not 220 that maxing feint gives you. I max feint last most of the time unless i'm fed. You dont want to give up halving your cooldown on your main CC and having a maxed main damage skill

Using Q+ AA to last hit gives a 146 hp heal taking into account a maxed vorpal blade and 1500 Health

If you max W , you will lack any form of damage to take advantage of your power spike which is level 9 + sunfire.

But that's my 2 cents c:

You forget, feint charges your passive quicker also, which means more burst. Hence if played correctly you can AA a few times before striking your opponent with a Ki strike. I managed to boss a Renekton purely because I timed my passives and he couldn't trade.
    RETH

Deleted
    But the passive charge doesn't get lower with level, sure you'll get more aa's off with that extra second CD reduction but ki strike, even if you get 1 more off, doesnt really compare to a vorpal blade that's maxed.

Deleted
    Synergies added, along with Pros and cons. Would like to seek further advice on this.