NZXT 530 or Fractal Define r4/window?

Hiya! I am building a computer and I have mixed feelings for the NZXT 530 which was my original choice.
    I'm thinking the Fractal define r4/window is better but the nzxt looks better? Any recommendations between the two case or any case is greatly appreciated!

The R4 runs a little bit warmer, I would stick with the 530 if I was picking between the two. If you don't mind slightly more noise (unless you replace the stock fans) and have the extra space, the Corsair Air 540 is a really nice case and cools slightly better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The R4 runs a little bit warmer, I would stick with the 530 if I was picking between the two. If you don't mind slightly more noise (unless you replace the stock fans) and have the extra space, the Corsair Air 540 is a really nice case and cools slightly better as well.
    Thanks for the reply! I can choose between the two but space under my desk is very limited. I was looking at cm haf x and it looks pretty good. What are your thoughts on it? And by how much is the 530 bigger then the fractal r4?
    Cheers

Deleted
    Want a quiet case? R4
    Want a case which is a bit of both? NZXT 530
    Want a cool case? Air 540 or Silverstone case with the rotated ATX design, was it FT02?

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Want a quiet case? R4
    Want a case which is a bit of both? NZXT 530
    Want a cool case? Air 540 or Silverstone case with the rotated ATX design, was it FT02?
    Silverstone FT02, which I absolutely love as it runs amazingly cool and superbly quiet. Keep in mind the steep price tag though.

The Silverstone RV02 runs a similar design with the rotated ATX design and dual bottom mounted 180mm fans.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

Performance/noise ratio: FT02 > [fill in]

Air 540's at max speed (more noise obv) won't even perform close to a FT02 at min speed
    3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

I've done many rigs this past year with different tastes and case requirements as far as cooling, color and lighting. When I moved my own rig from a Fractal Arc Midi to an FT02, I was blown away.

Running the fans at low (It has a simple hi-low fan controller switch at the top of the case) I don't even hear a simple hum. To top it off, the cooling has been outstanding for my rig. It's hard to find a flaw in the case with it being so quiet AND cool. If I had to point out any negatives in regards to the FT02 case, it's heavy and pricey. Then again, you get what you pay for.. and when you lift this thing, you'll definitely feel like you got your moneys worth.
    Last edited by BruceG87; 2014-01-01 at 12:57 PM.
    i5-3570k @ 4.6Ghz | Phanteks TC14PE | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Gigabyte GTX 1080 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Asus Xonar Essence STX | Crucial M4 256MB | Seasonic X760 Gold | Silverstone FT02

Asus PG258Q 240Hz 24.5" | Das Keyboard 4 Pro | Logitech G502 | Audiotechnica ATH-AD900X | Blue Yeti

I just recently got the FD R4 "Silent" model, side window and all. I've got 5 fans total in it, and with a DB meter sitting 3 inches from it, it registers 43Db. With the system powered off, and the door closed, the meter registers 41Db. YMMV with your wanted configuration. The FT02 has outstanding reviews across the board. Its price tag is its largest hang up for most.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |