Deleted

[resto] Trinkets in SoO

Hello everyone,
    1st of, this is not another "which trinket to use" thread.
    I'm raiding HC 25s, always have, and I have a couple of questions regarding trinkets for resto shamans.

1.: The Bindings of Immerseus: I killed a couple of mobs wearing it in resto spec (raid finder version) and it did not proc int. Bad luck or does it not proc in resto spec? And may that be different as hc version?

2.: I wear the wf version of Nazgrims multistrike trinket and am pretty sure it does not proc (heal proc) from HST and HTT. Can someone confirm this? And does the cleave trinket also not proc?

Since HST and HTT do a bigpart of my healing, and, more crucial, the most important part (heavy spread healing), I'm considering going for the Siegecrafter trinket, which of course is great, too.

Thanks in advance,
    Zema

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zema/advanced

The Sha and Thok trinkets are clear BiS.

No, the Thok trinket doesn't proc on HST and HTT. However, it doesn't matter; the Cleave proc is still 4% - 8% extra healing (in 25H), and it maths out as being better than the Siegecrafter trinket at any more than about 2%. Even in 10H (which I am doing this week because of the holidays -_-), it still exceeds or at least comes close to that threshold on almost every fight. On fights like Norushen, Thok and Garrosh, it will be 7%+ extra output. On more spread fights like Paragons or Siegecrafter, probably closer to 3%. However, it's probably worth it almost all of the time.

The other problem with the Siegecrafter trinket is that it's highly unlikely that you actually need a regen trinket at SoO gear levels. It's also highly unlikely that you will be able to drop enough Spirit (the Spirit proc means you need 2000-2500 less Spirit) to take advantage of having a regen trinket. It ends up being a bit of a waste.

No, the Immerseus trinket does not proc while in healing spec; this is by design. Apparently, melee swings may allow it to proc, but it's not going to be worth it to sit around meleeing the boss, and offensive spell casts will not proc it as Resto. You basically only get the stat amplification. For some healers, like Disc Priests, that alone is worth using the trinket over other trinkets. For Shaman, it isn't worth using without the INT proc. Any of the other SoO trinkets and most of the ToT trinkets are going to be more valuable than the caster amp trinket.