Poll: Which one is harder?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lei shen by far.
    People keep saying "garrosh is a big dps check", but fact is, the check was only really "brutal" one place - first intermission. Sure, the fight becomes alot easier if you skip the second empowered whirl in P3, but by no means was it a wipe getting it - it was just hard/annoying to deal with it. Same goes for P2.5 - most guilds go for one or two whirls, while you can still get to the third and push him over with no real issues.
    On the other hand, Lei Shen's checks were just as brutal during current content, if not worse. Getting P1 done before overloading a pillar had tons of guilds wiping, especially on cutting-edge (and to an extent where alot of guilds used lust in P1). P2 was less difficult in terms of check, but P3 again had a very hard soft enrage - 4-5 thunderstrucks and you were about at the limit, with people getting chipped off one by one by static shocks and spike damage.
    On the other hand, as Mione says, getting more gear when you've HIT the "soft" enrages of the fight doesn't make Lei Shen much easier. It does for Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Trathos View Post

On second thought, we all know a fight harder than either one of these fights: Ra-den......XD
    i really hope thats a joke. ra-den is extremely easy, nothing to do with leishen or garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    H lei Shen is faceroll with 570 ilvl. H garrosh is not. How does that not make sense
    they are both easy enough with 570 ilvl, but if you compare HC lei Shen in progression compared to HC Garrosh in progression Lei Shen is a much harder fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMine View Post
    i really hope thats a joke. ra-den is extremely easy, nothing to do with leishen or garrosh.
    Of course its a joke, was trying to add some humour

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    they are both easy enough with 570 ilvl, but if you compare HC lei Shen in progression compared to HC Garrosh in progression Lei Shen is a much harder fight.
    Lei Shen is 100000099x easier with 570 ilvl so u sir are way off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    lol, the dps check was to not get third intermission

Quote Originally Posted by asdfsaf View Post
    lol, the dps check was to not get third intermission
    On Garrosh? That's not what I heard, but I guess *shrugh*. Doesn't change a lot from my point, though - lei shen's dps checks in current gear was as difficult as the garrosh ones, if not harder.

lei shin is tactically harder. Garrosh was harder to deal with as well but due to brute force. But you can deal with him in kind dps and healing wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    um, no, I'm fairly sure I said the exact opposite...
    Ah. I misread, I guess (read lei shen couldn't be outgeared to the same extent as garrosh)
    But what I ment was basicly - when the dps checks on lei shen are met (not overloading conduit/not dying to the soft enrage winds in P3), adding more dps does not make the encounter significantly easier. It's just slightly faster.
    If you add more DPS to garrosh, you skip whirls, you skip desecrates, ironstar hits etc - which is pretty major. And that never stops, ergo, garrosh gets easier with gear as there's many more bumps that you can push over that makes the fight easier.
    I don't see how Garrosh in full 580 isn't alot easier than Lei shen in full 552 (that was about max for BiS ToT right?), comparably :/.

Even after item upgrades came out in 5.3, Lei Shen was still harder than Garrosh is right now.

Leishen clearly, garrosh wasn't anywhere near the difficulty of leishen.

H lei Shen is faceroll with 570 ilvl. H garrosh is not. How does that not make sense
    Because this topic is about those fights when they were current, not when you outgear them.

- - - Updated - - -

Lei Shen is 100000099x easier with 570 ilvl so u sir are way off.
    You are literally the only one in here talking about 570 ilvl. This thread is about heroic Lei Shen at 535-540ish vs heroic Garrosh at 565-575ish.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Because this topic is about those fights when they were current, not when you outgear them.

- - - Updated - - -

You are literally the only one in here talking about 570 ilvl. This thread is about heroic Lei Shen at 535-540ish vs heroic Garrosh at 565-575ish.
    yeah well both are a joke at those item levels respectively...

Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    yeah well both are a joke at those item levels respectively...
    Yeah, except for the hundreds of guilds that are/were still stuck on fights at those item levels.

Can we stop calling fights "jokes" just because you (presumably) managed to kill it while it was current? The real joke is people that say that shit.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Yeah, except for the hundreds of guilds that are/were still stuck on fights at those item levels.

Can we stop calling fights "jokes" just because you (presumably) managed to kill it while it was current? The real joke is people that say that shit.
    No, 10 item levels alone makes a completely different encounter (and also easier, hence my choice of words). The OP also doesn't address 10vs25.

regardless my opinion would be lei shen for the poll choice

Lei Shen 10 was harder than garrosh 10 IMO. We had 5+ sub 3% wipes on heroic lei shen pre upgrade vendor.

The question clearly implies at the appropriate gear levels. Stop trying to act smart, its just making you look stupid(er).

10+ Year Old Account
    H-Lei Shen for me was much more fun/harder and engaging as a last tier boss. H-Garrosh felt dull and boring, feeling like the fight just consist of gear checks for each phase. Especially for me as a Moonkin and sitting in melee literally for most of the fight.
    Last edited by Akaena; 2014-01-01 at 02:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lei shen heroic was no doubt twice as hard

Deleted
    Lei Shen by a long shot