Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down How do you cope with LFR's many negatives?

I don't mean the low iLvl or lack of Garrosh-dropped heirlooms; nothing like that. I'm talking about the cowards who leave without logical reason, the elitists who talk down to everyone but others like them, the chat trolls, and the unorganised fools who take just as long, or longer, than a queue time to get things ready and start battling (good example of this is Spoils).

I've left WoW again for the nTh time. Whether I play again or not, for WoD or just before it, I don't know, but right now it is likely that I won't want to come back, for all of the above reasons. Sure there is Flex, and the oqueue addon helps with that, but sometimes the problems from LFR can follow into Flex. Biggest example there would be those who insist on a group of 14 players only.

Personally, I don't do Normal or Heroic because I've never liked having to be on at a strict time. I'm not saying I'd never do those modes though.

So for those who don't or can't do Normal and/or Heroic, I'd like to know how you deal with the negatives of LFR (and I suppose Flex). In the past, failures in LFR - whether they've been my own fault or the group's, have often induced anger in me (someone once called me the Sha of Anger, lol).

Is it so wrong that I want to go in, smash things into the dirt, get a reward if one drops, and then move on?

How i cope with it : i dont do lfr anymore. Been enjoying the game alot more since then.

Flex is not bad since it's more controlable by the raid leader.

I mostly do flex and timeless isle now. Easy access to 535s on timeless isle. Only reason to do LFR is if you need weapons or trinkets that didnt drop from flex. And perhaps for tier pieces too.

I vote kick the people acting like a$$holes. A good trick is to wait until just before the last boss and kick them at the end. Helps that I'm a tank so we can just go with 4 or wait the 15 seconds for another dps.

Deleted
    Trying not to ragequit.

I do hope that in WoD we really get new 5-man heroics between raid patches and can get "decent" gear from them instead of LFR. Then i could stop running LFR. (don't care flex etc. at all)

Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    How i cope with it : i dont do lfr anymore. Been enjoying the game alot more since then.

just qouting this. as this is pretty much the same for me

So for those who don't or can't do Normal and/or Heroic, I'd like to know how you deal with the negatives of LFR (and I suppose Flex). In the past, failures in LFR - whether they've been my own fault or the group's, have often induced anger in me (someone once called me the Sha of Anger, lol).
    When I que on my alt, what I do is simply click the tab on my chat frame that brings up the combat log, Which in turns keeps raid chat concealed so I can't get angry at anyone if there's nothing to read, I also know the encounters front to back beforehand so having things explained to me is pointless anyway. I Flask, eat food, turn up my favorite music nice and loud then do the best job I can possibly do pertaining to the class and role I'm currently playing while minimizing avoidable damage taken . I just worry only about me and my job and block out what everyone else is doing, because frankly, I don't care.

If the raid wipes then oh well I just think back to my 200+ attempts on Lich king 300+ on Ragnaros, 200+ spine 260+ Lieshen and now 220+ on Garrosh and I'm probably missing others. I simply just shrug it off because I know I've seen far stupider wipes and decision making from supposivly "better then average" players in organized raids.

I am immune to nerd rage.

15+ Year Old Account
    I go there for gear. I don't give a shit.

Deleted
    Same here.

How I cope with it.... booze, chocolate and cry myself to sleep after a long night of LFR....
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Deleted
    Simple! You don't...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eisya/advanced

Gear is ultimately the goal I have when it comes to LFR. My SV Hunter as she is now, has a very decent iLvl, and a few pieces of Flex gear. FYI, she is only Human because I wanted to get Exalted with a few mount-rewarding reps, like Netherwing, as soon as possible.

I know my job as a DPS role too - stand back and annihilate things. I don't target Nazgrim during Defensive Stance, I go for the adds during Norushen if I'm not purified, and I target Farseers quickly during Garrosh. I know what to do in LFR, and have adapted where necessary for Flex. It isn't like I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to follow the strategy which avoids wipes and wins the fight for the whole group.

Phair, I admire that you're taking such a stance. It is one I would like to adopt for all games. This rage feeling only seems to happen the most with WoW though. It has happened with LoL before, but I avoid it by playing Co-Op vs AI (which can still be challenging sometimes). It does not happen on Warframe either.

So...yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Basically, this.

Sure enough, I do everything I can and more in order to down a boss, trying to top DPS (easy to do from the point where about half your slots become 528, btw), etc, but the only way I can tolerate the stupid in LFR is by not caring much.

I follow a simple rule: one wipe per wing. Second wipe = leave. It works.

Maybe I should start AFKing instead of leaving. LFR is bad, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phair View Post
    When I que on my alt, what I do is simply click the tab on my chat frame that brings up the combat log, Which in turns keeps raid chat concealed so I can't get angry at anyone if there's nothing to read, I also know the encounters front to back beforehand so having things explained to me is pointless anyway.
    As long as you know what to do and pay attention to things around you - this which is described above is the best way to deal with the raging and stupid people. You just do your job, get your loot and are done with it.
    That's how I run LFR on my alts if I need a piece of gear, even run ToT LFR for mog gear on my main like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont do lfr, simple

with the introduction of flex modes there's no need for me to do LFR on any of my alts. LFR/LFD is a fucked up system that I hope will die one day.

10+ Year Old Account

Same here. For alts I do Ordos and flex - on my main normal/heroics.

Deleted
    I tried tanking once.

I was quite nervous as it was my first time tanking anything other than a 5 man normal/HC, but my friend is a top healer and he joined to give me a bit of a boost. Part one of Mogu'shan vaults went very well and I was on top of the world. Part two happened... The Will of the Emperor happened. Even though I'd read up and watched the dance I found it a bit taxing; nothing like "just keeping threat" tanking. I died twice dancing; I received such awful abuse from the entire raid. Yelling, shouting and whispers from DPS and healers alike; my only two supporters being the other tank and my friend. I got a clear streak on my third go and whilst I was proud the raid still made their thoughts known. I left. Never again.

I DPS on my hunter if I've a few hours spare; and I'm a very good DPS. I may not have the most amazing damage but I read up and actually know what the hell is going on. However I only see cursing, abuse and confidence shattering comments towards people who try.

I cope by forming raids of old content with friendly people on my server, talking to people in my guild and having an awesome time doing what I want on my own.

I put the chat in it's own window and never look at it. Makes it at least somewhat less unpleasant.