Poll: Which one is harder?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lei Shen 25 HC VS Garrosh 25 HC which is harder?

Hey everyone, now that patch 5.4 been up for sometime and I'm sure a lot of players already experienced the full content of 14/14 heroic.

The question is clear and simple as the title says: Which one is harder in your personal opinion?

Lei Shen; harder mechanics and it's more fun. Garrosh consists of a fairly straightforward strategy that is incredibly unforgiving because of tuning.

Lei Shen was much more intricate and 1000x better as a fight overall. Garrosh was a bigger numbers check.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about heroic, but it took us 3 tries to kill Lei Shen normal, and 30 to kill Garrosh normal.

Mechanics: Lei Shen
    Gear check: Garrosh

Pug difficulty: Garrosh >>>>> Lei Shen

Lei Shen was super easy to pug because the only thing you had to pretty much survive was the 1st transition and then it was all good(assuming you disabled the chain lightning conduit). Garrosh is just a mess for pugs when Mind controls come in, and the adds from Empowered Whirlwind are pretty much the cause of all wipes...

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think some of you missed "HC" part of the thread. You didn't pug Lei Shen heroic. You didn't kill it in three pulls. You didn't "disable" anything. Transitions were massive pains and highly unforgiving. You pretty much needed two Death Knights to deal with Lightning Balls without tearing your hairs out. DPS check was actually pretty strict early on. Missing Spellreflect, standing one yard too close or being to slow with grips/stuns could wipe you instantly. Annoying as hell to progress.

Deleted
    I'd say Lei Shen is tactically harder, the length of fight for Garrosh though almost puts them on par.

Hard mechanics is one thing, keeping 25 raiders focused for what, 14,15,16min long fight? that is another thing.

Gear makes Garrosh easier in terms of being able to miss an ability or two by ripping his HP down faster, Lei Shens main difficulty (imo) was the transitions which could not be skipped, altered or made significantly easier (unless you count at least 2 Locks in the raid to use the bugged double demon gate trick making it easier).

Meh, to keep it short - Lei Shen was tactically harder. The length of time in the Garrosh encounter from start to kill is a big factor in that encounter - they some-what counter each other on that level but I'd say maybe Lei Shen is overall slightly harder and that opinion is formed due to the Transition mechanics. There isn't a lot in it I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I think some of you missed "HC" part of the thread. You didn't pug Lei Shen heroic. You didn't kill it in three pulls. You didn't "disable" anything. Transitions were massive pains and highly unforgiving. You pretty much needed two Death Knights to deal with Lightning Balls without tearing your hairs out. DPS check was actually pretty strict early on. Missing Spellreflect, standing one yard too close or being to slow with grips/stuns could wipe you instantly. Annoying as hell to progress.
    Point still stands, Garrosh is very easy mechanics wise, the only Lei Shen-like mechanic is the debuff in last phase. Lei Shen was very very difficult for an end boss overall, so much personal responsibility. Garrosh is just out healing everything.

Lei shen was harder, assuming you did both when it was early progression. Garrosh was just a numbers check but lei shen required you had 25 players that were not completly retarded. You can easily carry retards through garrosh HC
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Not sure since I'm not a 25 man raider, but judging what people have said and what I've seen myself, I'd say Lei Shen was harder.

Lei Shen > Garrosh
    Quote Originally Posted by Coppas View Post
    This is a needed change IMO pallies have been sadly lacking this xpac and now at least they will be able to compete with other healers.
    Kappa

Lei Shen for sure. Although my guild has Garrosh 25HC on farm for just over a week now, it still doesn't feel anywhere as challenging as Lei Shen HC. It's more or less about having good DPS.

Deleted
    Lei Shen 25 HC was harder then Garrosh 25 HC in their respective primes.

Deleted
    U didn't need 570+ item lvl for lei Shen.

I stopped raiding after ToT, so I personally never did Garrosh. I did however experience 25 Heroic Lei Shen first hand, and I can tell ya, it was one of the hardest fights in the game, period. It required so much personal responsibility. If you had anyone screw up in the transition, or stand too close during a ball lightning, it would instantly wipe u. Also, making sure u were within range of the dk's grips for the ball lightning's, along with them having to time their grips perfectly was a learning curve. Baiting the thunderstruck was always fun when you had to run against the wind as well. This fight was near impossible without locks and dk's. I believe we killed this with 2 dk's and 2 warlocks (grips and portals). We only had one warrior so we couldn't use the spell reflect strat in the last phase either.

If you've never seen the fight, watch a video of our kill and get an idea for yourself. (I was the hunter Trathos that can be seen in the video).

(Apparently it wont let me link till I post a few times. Just go to youtube and type in keep calm vs heroic lei shen 25.

On second thought, we all know a fight harder than either one of these fights: Ra-den......XD

Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    I'd say Lei Shen is tactically harder, the length of fight for Garrosh though almost puts them on par.

Hard mechanics is one thing, keeping 25 raiders focused for what, 14,15,16min long fight? that is another thing.

Gear makes Garrosh easier in terms of being able to miss an ability or two by ripping his HP down faster, Lei Shens main difficulty (imo) was the transitions which could not be skipped, altered or made significantly easier (unless you count at least 2 Locks in the raid to use the bugged double demon gate trick making it easier).

Meh, to keep it short - Lei Shen was tactically harder. The length of time in the Garrosh encounter from start to kill is a big factor in that encounter - they some-what counter each other on that level but I'd say maybe Lei Shen is overall slightly harder and that opinion is formed due to the Transition mechanics. There isn't a lot in it I don't think.
    Couldn't have explained it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    U didn't need 570+ item lvl for lei Shen.
    That doesn't even make sense.
    Anyway Leishen IMO is a more difficult boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Mechanics: Lei Shen
    Gear check: Garrosh

Pug difficulty: Garrosh >>>>> Lei Shen

Lei Shen was super easy to pug because the only thing you had to pretty much survive was the 1st transition and then it was all good(assuming you disabled the chain lightning conduit). Garrosh is just a mess for pugs when Mind controls come in, and the adds from Empowered Whirlwind are pretty much the cause of all wipes...
    Were talking heroic I doubt you are pugging heroic Garrosh.

Deleted
    H lei Shen is faceroll with 570 ilvl. H garrosh is not. How does that not make sense

Both seem to be more or less equal in difficulty, though Lei Shen was probably more difficult at the time due to a lack of inflated ilevel from Thunderforged and Flex helping guilds through SoO.

ToT overall is harder then SoO, however. But both are good raids.