Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    18000 achi points? Mount? Fully geared in SoO.

Yeah - a healthy decision, because you must have been playing an unhealthy amount.

Not sure what exactly you are trying to tell us? Imagine everyone who takes a break makes a topic about it. Happy 2014.
    For people actually doing achievs it's not impressive nor hard to get to 18000 on a long time main.

To the OP, get over yourself. Nobody gives a flying shit that your taking a break. I quit 8 months ago, heck I've even taken 4 breaks in total and not 1 time did I feel the need to draw attention to myself for taking said break.

That said, I hope you enjoy wathever your new hobby is and I wish you all a happy newyear!

Started about 10 mos into MoP, so there is a lot for me to do. But regardless, this whole 'taking too long' BS. I will never get the special ADHD mentality of gamers. Seriously, wtf. Do something else and come back when it's ready. There are next gen drugs up these days for ADHD.

I just resubbed from a 1 month vacation from WoW. Mainly to help some friends with some things. I share the same sentiment that alot of people are putting out there right now. If I'm online, I'm usually helping my friends with something or idling in Shrine. Sad as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Meh blizzard don't rush for anybody, that's arguably the thing I love most about them as a company. They don't set early public deadlines and they get stuff out when it's ready and of required quality
    That's how I felt about Blizzard for years, then I waited 10 years for Diablo 3.

Deleted
    The only thing i'm doing mostly is leveling up some pets to 25.. WoD can't come sooner enough!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meysam View Post
    ehm where did i say i wanted to play in the beta? the release of a beta means that the xpac is actually approaching knowing that people are playing it, gives me motivation to keep playing
    Blizzcon announcement meant also that the xpac is approaching. How is it any different? You already know it's coming.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    80%+ of the population won't go anywhere no matter how long Blizzard takes. most of the other 20% will eventually come back anyway.

TL;DR: blizz will do what they want/needs to be done to release a good expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    having a similar issue here. normal SoO well cleared and in farm and now half our raid team is in that bored cant be fucked mode waiting for the next expac. ive just been farming gold waiting release.

Might just go play lotro for a few months as its free and not too shabby really
    I'd be bored too if I was in a guild that was just clearing normals every week.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    What possible evidence do you have to backup the idea that Blizzard go slowly because of tradition... Can you name another game company that does anything remotely similar to what Blizzard does with their games in a shorter time period?
    SWTOR, Rift, and GW2 all put out content far faster than Blizzard. I don't play Rift or GW2, but imo SWTOR's content is quite a bit better than Blizzard's lately.

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    80%+ of the population won't go anywhere no matter how long Blizzard takes. most of the other 20% will eventually come back anyway.

TL;DR: blizz will do what they want/needs to be done to release a good expansion.
    So you are saying that the 5 million + that have quit WoW will eventually be back?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    No new class, no big revamp, --> short beta

Beta starts late january, ends in march
    With a launch in late april - mid may

Come on blizz, 1 expac / year! Deliver!
    But as they've said, the balancing bit really isn't all that time consuming. It's the designing part that takes ages and then testing it's not broken - so if a spell says you do a kick for X damage +%Y, it actually does that rather than a punch for your health value. Tweaking numbers and coefficients so that they are in line is easy but if its doing something completely different or it causes a server crash or a chicken in westfall to double in size... it's noticing and fixing those that takes time and effort.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Meh blizzard don't rush for anybody, that's arguably the thing I love most about them as a company. They don't set early public deadlines and they get stuff out when it's ready and of required quality
    Asctivision Blizz investors would tend to disagree. It will be out when they start clamoring for more returns (dividends/value) on their money. While I used to completely agree with you, Activision sort of has the "EA Effect" on Blizzard, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    SWTOR, Rift, and GW2 all put out content far faster than Blizzard. I don't play Rift or GW2, but imo SWTOR's content is quite a bit better than Blizzard's lately.
    And you're entitled to your opinion entirely, but the success of all 3 of those games says that a lot of people disagree with you. SWTOR would've died if it didn't go F2P with microtransactions, Rifts population plummeted and GW2 did the same after initial hype. Sure, WoW's population dropped heavily too but it's still dropped to a massive number. Those games failed heavily after what, a year? WoW is at like 8-9 years now and still going incredibly strong.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Ive seen this debate happen before every beta so far, gamers are impatient and want everything now, beta was never gonna be out over Christmas time

No other company maintaining and creating content for an MMORPG has managed to put out content similar in quality to blizzard so it's a moot point really

"Quality" suuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I would do the same in your position. Also, i agree, it is taking way to long.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    And you're entitled to your opinion entirely, but the success of all 3 of those games says that a lot of people disagree with you. SWTOR would've died if it didn't go F2P with microtransactions, Rifts population plummeted and GW2 did the same after initial hype. Sure, WoW's population dropped heavily too but it's still dropped to a massive number. Those games failed heavily after what, a year? WoW is at like 8-9 years now and still going incredibly strong.
    You are welcome to like WoW better than SWTOR if you wish, but to say it failed is just moronic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    No new class, no big revamp, --> short beta

Beta starts late january, ends in march
    With a launch in late april - mid may

Come on blizz, 1 expac / year! Deliver!
    thats REALLY optimistic.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    5.4 just wasn't that entertaining in my opinion. The Timeless Isle was fine for gearing up alts in 496 gear to get into Throne and Siege LFR but Siege itself wasn't that great of a raid. End game progression has just become grind timeless isle, do lfr, do flex, do normal. There needs to be something more next expansion.
    Completely agree with this. They need to up their game. I think they will.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but "I Quit" threads aren't allowed here. This is more appropriate for a blog than a discussion forum.