Page 1 of 2
LastLast

LFR would be 100% more tolerable if it gave BoA gear(you can select any class/spec).

Then I'd be watching TV atonement healing for 200khps and 150k dps instead of playing my 504 rogue doing 90k and generally being shit.

Besides it's only 528, just a stepping stone for flex, nothing too outrageous making it BoA.

Deleted
    I think (not sure) I approve of this.

Blizzard will not though, the are a big fan of "why do you have alts if you don't want to play them".

I'm pretty sure this is more of a get alts gear so you can play them rather then get gear so you don't have to play alts. Regardless if they did this I might actually participate in LFR, I have 4 90s and just skipped lfr completely on all of them because it was just unbearable for this raid. All my toons are 550+ now and I just did ToT/Timeless -> Flex -> Normal which is much less aggravating then doing lfr for hours.

sucks needing to do LFR to get 520+ gear so you can flex then do normals just for an alt, just wanted to get some 565+ rogue to gank people and farm coins in TI.

Ordos never drops gear and my main never sees daggers or agi 1 handers from garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice.

The main reason the heirlooms are available on all other difficulties is to encourage organized raiding, rather than queueing up for LFR and going to sleep for the following hour.

The problem with LFR isnt the gear. Its the players inside it having little to no clue or interest in what is going on leading to needless wipes and frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The problem with LFR isnt the gear. Its the players inside it having little to no clue or interest in what is going on leading to needless wipes and frustration.
    This. I even have in 5 mans locks using drain life as a filler spell and get cussed out when I tell them they are wrong politely.

It could work if you could select the type of gear for the class you want and have it drop in a BoA bag like the bonus bags you get as a tank or healer then you could just mail the bag to your alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice, don't get me wrong. But I think the game has already gotten incredibly easier to gear in. And people need to be able to play their class at max level, gear isn't the only thing pushing your dps up, there is skill in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    It would be nice, don't get me wrong. But I think the game has already gotten incredibly easier to gear in. And people need to be able to play their class at max level, gear isn't the only thing pushing your dps up, there is skill in there too.
    BC not even 1 year old = do heroics, get insanely well itemized 149(BW/Hyjal level) gear that surpasses even tier pieces.
    Cata -> LFR gives 13 levels below normal mode, afking arena gives 6 levels below normal mode.
    Tier 16 -> Do timeless for 496, run LFR for 528, run flex for 540, then grind the rest of the weeks for cloak, then you can do normal.

Gearing up is ridiculously slow and bad, it's tolerable if you just afk on ToT/SoO lfr for runestones, do ordos/celestials weekly and have a garrosh boa weapon, and just wait 3 months for your cloak quest to be complete and you have 2pc tier and 3-4 warforged from ordos, sure, easy but takes forever and requires a main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Then I'd be watching TV atonement healing for 200khps and 150k dps instead of playing my 504 rogue doing 90k and generally being shit.

Besides it's only 528, just a stepping stone for flex, nothing too outrageous making it BoA.
    Why roll an alt if you don't want to play it?

There's not enough people to boost lfr anymore because between flex and normal modes they have every gear they want and no longer have any upgrades to run lfr for. This would motivate a few more people that are used to their characters and have the gear to carry the afk and stupid.

P.S. most classes are a lot less fun to play at low item levels because of the low combat stats. Nothing worse than playing a firemage or balance druid with 15% crit.

Here's what I'd like to see; LFR drops BoA tokens that you can use to spend on LFR quality tier/gear/etc. from appropriate vendors. The tokens ONLY drop in LFR (not Heroics/Scenarios/etc. as to not essentially become Valor 2.0), and you're guaranteed 1-2 per boss, with items having set prices of certain amount of tokens. Allow bonus rolls to function as they currently do with random chances for a piece of loot. This gives raid-quality gear at a decent pace without making players feel like they're completely wasting their time when they're on their 8th week in a row of getting nothing from LFR.

I personally don't enjoy doing LFR on my alts because I like giving 110% when I queue up. Timeless BoAs made queueing for LFR a complete joke (when it was already easy to hit ilvl). I've been in far too many groups recently where there's one DPS that's doing 50% of the overall damage and half the raid doing less than 40k DPS thanks to their easy to obtain, ungemmed and unenchanted gear that they're "planning on replacing soon anyway." I know this system wouldn't be perfect, but I feel it'd give more incentive for people to at the very least, play decently on their main character and participate (because bigger numbers != fun) rather than half-AFK on their alts and drag the rest of the group down.

This would probably lead to much quicker and less painful LFRs and waaaaay more painful Flex's. You just couldn't count on there being any skill or knowledge of their spec, regardless of ilvl (well, if less than 528).

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Why roll an alt if you don't want to play it?
    Only hardmode content is real content, normal mode for alts, preparing for it on LFR/flex which appropriate geared people can do while blindfolded is not worth anything.

Deleted
    Lets give even higher incentives for the easiest and most boring game mode in the game so that even more players that do not enjoy it all feels strongly encouraged to run it simply because of the rewards despite them actually hating the content.

What could possibly go wrong? Seems like a great idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    We'd have LFRs that would only be certain classes to make things easier and quicker. Imagine 6 disc priests spamming smites and 17 warlocks.

technically youd only want like 1 disc, 1 shaman and 21 warlocks.

what LFR gear is BoA but everything harder isn't?

lol right give the scrubbags noobs more entitlement, hell fucking no.