People selling Onyx panthers for 28k....

So these people are clearly duping, the orbs alone cost more than this and that price is a clear cut fixed cost.

Will reporting these players for cheating actually do anything or am i wasting my time ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reporting them does work but it won't be on the timetable you expect it to be. Blizzard doesn't move fast on such things but they usually straighten out the issue in the end. Just keep reporting them.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You think they are cheating, you don’t know that they are.

What if someone traded it to them for something?

What if someone gave it to them?

Yes most likely they got it from a gold seller so they can get some in game gold, how do you prove that to be the case, speculating is a bad thing when it leads to accusing someone of cheating.

Deleted
    Youre being a minor annoyance to these people . Thats it . Duping has been around for ages . The chars you report are accounts they expect to get banned . They deposit the gold in a guild bank and bliz never touches "communal property" so theyre not loosing gold even. Personally ? if you cant beat them join them . Get a bulk deal for 20 tigers for retarded low price , keep them in a guild bank for a while and sell them off slowly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget there are people that transfer large amount of gold this way, with boe mounts.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Blizzard doesn't officially acknowledge dupes, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    You think they are cheating, you don’t know that they are.

What if someone traded it to them for something?

What if someone gave it to them?

Yes most likely they got it from a gold seller so they can get some in game gold, how do you prove that to be the case, speculating is a bad thing when it leads to accusing someone of cheating.

That is why you would report it, you don't know they are cheating, so report suspicious behavior and let the people whose job it is to sort this kind of thing out do their job.

10+ Year Old Account
    I report every person trying to sell an item I think is duped. I hope someday it will accomplish something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    That is why you would report it, you don't know they are cheating, so report suspicious behavior and let the people whose job it is to sort this kind of thing out do their job.
    Exactly. You don't have to know if someone is cheating to report them.
    If you think they could be, report it and let Blizzard do their job. The same goes for Bots etc.

Ask them to increase the price by the AH cut and put it on the AH. Usually these are items that can't be posted on the auction house or otherwise used. The only thing they can be used for is to sell for a quick 28k gold and screw over the person who bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iite View Post
    So these people are clearly duping, the orbs alone cost more than this and that price is a clear cut fixed cost.

Will reporting these players for cheating actually do anything or am i wasting my time ?

I've been told by a person selling a mount for this kind of pricing that gold sellers buy these mounts for cash then sell cheaply to get gold.

Using current google prices, $1/1k or $7/10k, they buy the mount from someone for $20 and get $30 worth of gold easily.

It's also easier to transfer mounts than large amounts of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ask them to increase the price by the AH cut and put it on the AH. Usually these are items that can't be posted on the auction house or otherwise used. The only thing they can be used for is to sell for a quick 28k gold and screw over the person who bought it.
    Yep, was just going to post this. Duped mounts can't be auctioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Iite View Post

you havent being paying attention have you?

its easy to get a stack of the gems if you have an alchmist 3 living steel dependonmg on the price can cost about 2k as for the orb i can go buy 1 off the vender for 18k if i wanted ( thats with the guild perk) all in all id say the mats are near the cost of the vial

bottom line is if i wanted to i could with my server econemy make a mount for 20k (i alredy have the stack o gems) living steel on my server is 500g per and vendor mat with perk is 18k

so i could make the mount for 20k and sell it for 8k profit

edit: i miss read the title now if i multiplied that by 4 that would be 80k.

that being said they must be duping the orb needed.

i dont really see any point in duping the easily obtainabble mats like the gems or living steel.
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2014-01-02 at 04:42 PM.

I feel bad for those people trying to sell their legitimate Onyx Panthers for 64k, especially the server transfers.

From a buyers POV, why buy one for 64k when I can get it for 28k? I know a guy who bought his months ago from a duper and he still has it nor has he gotten a ban or warning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post

its easy to get a stack of the gems if you have an alchmist 3 living steel dependonmg on the price can cost about 2k as for the orb i can go buy 1 off the vender for 18k if i wanted ( thats with the guild perk) all in all id say the mats are near the cost of the vial

bottom line is if i wanted to i could with my server econemy make a mount for 20k (i alredy have the stack o gems) living steel on my server is 500g per and vendor mat with perk is 18k

Except the Jeweled Onyx Panther takes all 4 "normal" panthers to craft...

except we're talking about the jeweled onyx panther here, which requires all 4 panthers to make which is 80k gold, or 72k just for the orbs.

well done on barging into the topic and not reading it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont really see any point in duping the easily obtainabble mats like the gems or living steel.
    I'm pretty sure they're just straight duping the Panther itself in it's completed state. It just takes a BOE item, last I checked.

That said... Blizzard hasn't outright said "Duping exists, we try to deal", however last time I bought a duped item, the GM said that he would refund the item's cost I paid, no hassle, because of the 'problems they've been having with scammers'
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    except we're talking about the jeweled onyx panther here, which requires all 4 panthers to make which is 80k gold, or 72k just for the orbs.

well done on barging into the topic and not reading it though.
    i guess you replied be4 my edit. i noticed i missread the title after posting so i made an addition

Deleted
    If Id see it, I would buy it anyway. You cant cheat the mount into the game with some cheatcode like in GTA so someone made it, and you eventually bought it cheap. Its not your problem what happens between, its blizz'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheetka View Post
    You cant cheat the mount into the game with some cheatcode like in GTA ... Its not your problem what happens between, its blizz'
    Yes, you can, and yes, it IS your problem when you're out gold, or banned for 'collaborating' with cheaters.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab