Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    The Exodar wasn't on Draenor until shortly before TBC, so don't expect to see much of it.
    Somebody in current day Exodar should have an interest in the fact that the Dark Portal is opening and it is going to old Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    It's not like Stormwind's exactly been featured in major storylines either, and even if it was that has nothing to do with it being a ghost town...
    er. didn't Deathwing singe the whole front yard.?
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

I'm not too fussed by ironforge itself (IMO there are better places for storylines than the capitals) but i'm quite glad to see the dark irons being featured. Gives me hope (however slight) that I may have the option of turning my dwarf mage into a dark iron one day...
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    It would be lovely to see the Iron Horde try an invasion on Ironforge, seeing that huge door in battle. But I doubt it'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Tbh, never understood that part of stance - why making other cities dead? All it takes is one portal in IF to Pandaria. How hard can it be?
    Frankly it's infinitely better to have one super populated city than four really poorly populated cities. There's just nothing but negatives to having more than one capital city per side be the main place of commerce.

Quote Originally Posted by Fransje View Post
    It would be lovely to see the Iron Horde try an invasion on Ironforge, seeing that huge door in battle. But I doubt it'll happen.
    Be careful what you wish for. With Blizzard's writing being what it is these days, you'd get the dwarves acting like fools and getting their butts kicked until High King Wrynn charges in to save the day. Perhaps obscurity is better than humiliation.

I like to level my alts in Eastern Kingdoms and go to ironforge for the music

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only way I see it is if Horde goes to Ironforge to raze it... successfully.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Easier to localize content into Stormwind and Orgrimmar for ease of access, which is Blizzard's new stance on content going forward.
    I love this attitude from Blizzard. What the fuck is "ease of content" when the player-base cries like a bunch of sniveling babies when they aren't going to be able to "fly" instantly each expansion to avoid any extra mobs that might be in the way of their quests.

Personally, I still think that IF is the best laidout City in the game. It's a shame that it has been completely underutilized. Stormwind, while aesthetically more appealing to me than most cities, is just a cluster of annoyance, especially if you can't fly around to avoid it's obnoxious layout. However, let all you primary Alliance supporters rest for a moment in thanks that you don't have to deal with Orgrimar.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    Ironforge is a ghost town these days except around the holidays and Beer fest.
    I used to split my time between Stormwind and Ironforge until Cata.
    Since the Dark Iron Dwarves will be featured in WoD, about time for a dwarf storyline in the next xpac?
    gnomes, too? nah, scratch that.
    Only if silvermoon or any of the ghoststown gives us a reason to go there.. like race specific stuff..

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, dwarves need a good story. I was a little disappointed when they moved their story with the council of the three hammers and didn't really do much in terms of in game content, it was like one day there was magni, the next, poof ! three hammers.

And not just dwarves need a good story, almost every race in the alliance is neglected. I haven't heard from worgen since they joined. and the draenei had a small spotlight and then they were gone. gnomes got a small story. night elves, a HUGE lore mine, haven't been used much and so on.

The lore right now in my opinion is just too focused on humans vs. orcs, i really, REALLY hope WoD changes that. i am really looking forward to draenei being more involved.
    "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted" ~Einstein
    Wish more people would take that to heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I agree, i think orcs and humans get to play a way to big part in WoW. More attention to other races!
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Easier to localize content into Stormwind and Orgrimmar for ease of access, which is Blizzard's new stance on content going forward.
    Yes, because taking a train to Ironforge is sooooo hard. Or taking a boat to Darnassus for that matter. Just thinking about it, it might take up to two full minutes! Unacceptable! Unthinkable! Better put portals, I mean, why would anyone want to go out of the capitals into the big bad world out there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    It would be nice for all of the capitol cities to have a reason to exist instead of just Stormwind or Orgrimmar.
    Agreed. I would love to be able to sit in Darnassus without having some annoying turn-offs like no portals, no transmog, to reforge, no gem daily, no PvP stuff etc.

Deleted
    Yes, please. It's my fav main city and it has so many possibilities.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooney View Post
    Just finished watching Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug and the Dwarf capital was so Ironforge. I still remember the first time I "accidentally" fell into the forge. As a noob, walking from Menethil Harbor to Ironforge and those damn crocs coming onto the road to chomp my butt.
    I saw the film yesterday at the cinema, and I did think Erebor had many resemblances to Ironforge. I hope the dragons (if any are featured) in the Warcraft film look as spectacular as Smaug does.

Back on topic, I would also love to go back to Ironforge and experience more dwarf/gnome lore. Khaz Modan's regions are what I remember the most, so returning there is always a great idea! Oh, and where does it say the Dark Irons will be featured in WoD?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    ...Oh, and where does it say the Dark Irons will be featured in WoD?
    Check out first page of MMO. They recently added interview comments from Blizzcon, "The Dark Iron Dwarves will go through the Dark Portal and be a part of the Warlords of Draenor story as well."
    -I lost 6 million of my best friends because of Cataclysm. I will NEVER forgive Blizz for that.
    -There ain't enough tequila in the universe to forget the insanity I experienced with Mists of Pandaria.

Deleted
    Or you know, any other race in The Alliance apart from humans being involved in the story. Oh and not just following Varian's orders would be a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Frankly it's infinitely better to have one super populated city than four really poorly populated cities. There's just nothing but negatives to having more than one capital city per side be the main place of commerce.
    I would rather have four medium populated cities than trying to click on auctioneer in Org in high populated one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    I would love to see some more attention to all other capital cities outside of SW&ORG. All of them deserve some love imo
    This. SW is actually my least favorite Alliance city, and I hated having to go there. I spent most of my time hanging out in Ironforge even after the whole "you're not cool unless you're hanging out in SW" thing. Also, I think Darnassus and Exodar are beautiful cities, and I imagine a lot of people (unless they're playing Draenei or Night Elves) never even see them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well Blizz said the Dark Irons would be involved in Draenor, so that sounds promising.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Nothing happens in this game that doesn't revolve around Orcs, so unless they become part of the story you can forget about Ironforge being relevant.
    Closest you're likely to get is orcs taking over Ironforge and turning it into Orcenforge.