Thread: FPS difference?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Naojirou View Post
    Hello mate, sorry for late response.
    Directly to your fps, I am using Samsung NP700G7C laptop, and I just have to use a laptop.
    Compared to my friends MSI, my FPS was dull, especially with some weird spikes, mostly while turning the camera around. And my fps was never above 60. After some digging, I realized that 60 fps is just a limitation. Since it has an NVIDIA GTX675M on it, all I did was googling as "Nvidia gtx performance settings" and watch a short youtube video.

After following the video, my fps was almost doubled on cases where it is supposed to be higher so on a clear spot with nothing going on, my fps reached 150 on some cases. Of course the setting does a little about increasing the performance, it sorta releases the limitation.

This is just an idea following your 60 fps, which I believe isn't a coincidence. Tweak your settings and check if you can achieve similar results. I know 60 fps is something some people would kill another for, however having a system that can achieve further and not doing so is just pure annoyance.
    But then, you're playing on a laptop. A regular GTX670 is far better than a laptop one, so that kind of a comparison is not really a good thing, I guess. I can get above 80 fps outside raids on my current setup(except for pandaria) but that's not what I'm about.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2014-01-03 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Except that... on most systems, not only will you not get 60fps in places that matter (raids)... But most peoples monitors (like your laptop) don't display more than 60 frames anyway, even if the video card is pumping out 150.

I personally limit my frames to ~65, so that my card doesn't work harder than it needs to.
    The monitor does support 120Hz so not my case mate. As I said, the post is totally about maximizing performance, given the power is not an issue (Both economically and overusing the power to cut other components) so yeah, pure powerhoarding it is (Dunno if it is a valid way to say, you got what I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by Erikrsson View Post
    But then, you're playing on a laptop. A regular GTX670 is far better than a laptop one, so that kind of a comparison is not really a good thing, I guess. I can get above 80 fps outside raids on my current setup(except for pandaria) but that's not what I'm about.
    Back to you mate, checking your post, your upgraded components are CPU, RAM and MOBO. Note that while playing a game, not everything is GPU based, premodifications etc falls upon that part and simply what I mean is, there may still be things to be done before moving towards overclocking (Thus risking, personal opinion, might be safe) by only using simple software. Might bring you the similar results as my solution, your solution might not change anything at all (Based upon the limitation idea) or yours might be better. And the reason why I am coming up with that is, as you upgrade your CPU, memory, you are more likely to be flexible with alternate solutions than you were before.

Long story short, give a shot, tweak stuff a little, can be a timesaver, even if it doesnt help, it is 10 minutes of investment with zero risk since you are using the official software.
    Edit: Grammar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naojirou View Post
    The monitor does support 120Hz so not my case mate.
    Thats pretty nice, then actually. I didn't realize it supported that, it doesn't mention that anywhere on samsung or the retailers websites >.< You'd think a pretty important selling point would be noted.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Thats pretty nice, then actually. I didn't realize it supported that, it doesn't mention that anywhere on samsung or the retailers websites >.< You'd think a pretty important selling point would be noted.
    Usually can be seen on the comments-reviews and I agree, why would you not advertise or even mention an important aspect of a product? :P

3930K@NH-U12s | Asus R4E | 16GB (4x4GB 1600MHz) Dominator Platinum | 2x Asus gtx 780 DC2OC SLI | Evga Supernova 1000 P2 | S27A750D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    working at 120Hz
    Here's the crazy part. Not only does the US site have like... half the stuff the UK site does, it doesn't mention that part at all.

I saw your link and went "BS! I CHECKED!" then I realized it was the UK site and went "Theres no way they could be differ----okay apparently they are"
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Thank you all for your support, I've already ordered my stuff and will go pick it up on Wednesday after 4 PM. Will let you know how's the FPS after I'm done with it. I'll most likely format my HDD and reinstall the OS, since I'm going to get a free Win8 along with some M$ visual studio software from my school, so I guess the results are going to be somewhat accurate(as in not lowered by some BS in registry and the general trash on my HDD).

I'll be trying it on mixed ultra settings - keeping ultra only where it matters, disabling anything else that I find useless such as shadows, SSAO, ground clutter, environment detail & probably turning down the display range to medium/high, I don't think I need more during a raid instance.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2014-01-04 at 08:54 AM.