Poll: What's your favorite decade/era for music?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    60s, and the decade it inspired, the 90s. Fuck the disco and pop of the 70s and 80s which has influenced music since the milennium.

Rock is deader than dead.

I do listen to music from the 70s and all the way up to today, but the biggest part of my music taste will always be Thrash and Death Metal recorded between 86 and 93-94. The rest of the 90s did have interesting stuff going on in Metal, but I hate everything else about that was big that decade (Grunge, EDM, boybands, the rise of Nu-Metal) so I'm voting 80s since that had the more listenable "bigger picture".

Rock is deader than dead.
    Rock is more "alive" now than it ever was in the 90s (Also, "Rock" is also pretty much the biggest term you could possibly use to label music with nowadays, so not the best choice of words).
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2014-01-11 at 05:30 AM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Since I've been a big fan of trance music since 98, the 2000's has been my favorite by far. 03 to 08 in particular! The current state of Trance has moved on (declined if you ask me) since then, becoming a "scene" that has dragged it mostly into club dance/pop'ish music. Some amazing compositions and remixes have continued to pop up every now and then, unaffected, which is great. I don't expect or demand new hits every day, but maybe once a year or two.

Deleted
    Id say pre 1950. Even though there are some good alternative songs from later eras too.

Any decade that had some good rock n' roll. The 70's had the best IMO, but the 60's is a close second. Any popular music after that is hit or miss for me, the 80's had way to much synth and shit for my liking. The 90's had a lot of puss rock, and the early 00's were decent, but still better than 90's music.

for me it would be 70's>60's>00's>80's>90's. I really am personally not a fan of most music made in the 90's and 80's, but I make a lot of exceptions like GNR, Beastie Boys, Metallica, ACDC (to an extent), Nirvana and an array of others.

We'll my sig tell's im 80's fan boy So yes, its what I like.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

80's, but 90's is close. It's the Iron Maiden albums that make 80's win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably 90's as I'm not that old, i do listen to plenty of 80's, 70's, 60's though.. not a big fan of more recent stuff
    Don't like pop either!