Soloing Zandalari Warbringers as ret?

Is it even possible? I am ilvl 535 right now, and those things hit like trucks .

I would imagine they're soloable, at least some of them. I was soloing them on my DK starting around ilvl 500 a long time ago. I don't remember what they do, to be honest. I remember getting feared though and I remember having to kite some type of rainfall-type effect but the normal damage outside of that didn't seem too bad. I know ret paladins can solo some pretty crazy stuff and supposedly have good self healing.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    My DPS set isn't much better than yours and I can solo them without much trouble but avoid the ones with fear and the ghost. You can easily avoid a ghost, you can easily live through a fear, but if they've got both and you have to run around a bit (as you do in that gear) then it's best not to bother as you'll often get shanked. I tried it a few times with that combo and died a couple of times before getting it so up to you.

Trick is to weave in and out with your attacks, you have lots of ranged abilities so only really need to run in for the TV. Make sure you have Judgement sprint talent and selfless healer and you'll merrily be able to dart around and instant flash yourself when you get low. Stay in close during your CDs and he'll be half dead anyway. He should dead before they're up again unless you're kiting a lot for some reason. Duck in and out, don't try to just spam heals through the damage. It takes like a few seconds longer if you weave around and is a billion times easier.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

So then it's about picking the right warbringer, huh? Thanks then

I'm pretty sure i managed to solo one on my warrior at 89 when leveling in the Dread Wastes. Are rets that much worse than an arms warrior, or am i being really stupid and remembering things completely wrong?

As far as i can remember they didn't do much dmg to me if i stayed out of bad stuff on the ground(cast time aoe attacks i think it was) and dodged the meteor shower(or whatever it was called).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saishiro View Post
    I'm pretty sure i managed to solo one on my warrior at 89 when leveling in the Dread Wastes. Are rets that much worse than an arms warrior, or am i being really stupid and remembering things completely wrong?

As far as i can remember they didn't do much dmg to me if i stayed out of bad stuff on the ground(cast time aoe attacks i think it was) and dodged the meteor shower(or whatever it was called).
    Sounds like you are mixing up a scout with a warbringer ;-)

I dodged the shower, but like the other guy said, it was the ghost+fear that got me after a bit, even despite my bubble.

You did mean long arm of justice talent, right? The one that gives MS boost on hitting a judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Sounds like you are mixing up a scout with a warbringer ;-)
    Oooooh, that sounds about right..

i can as a mage, so you should be able :P
    if you havent tried, you should kite 'em as much as you can so you wont get crushed right there

Use Seal of Insight, avoid meteors and thunder crushes and stun the ghosts. Scarabs are free Supplication procs, same for non-elite mobs around the area. Fears are the only hard bit. Good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a human paladin and the racial makes a huge difference for breaking outta their fears. I just keep sacred shield up and do a bit of kiting. When they're casting I tend to fall back a few yards to get in a few heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

You can solo all of them!!! (at least i can with ~560ilvl without problems).

For the one with fear, just be sure to be at full HP at the time or use bubble. You can "outheal" them with seal of insight, prism and sacred shield = Just focus to be at full health all the time, and you can even fail to some of their abilities

Deleted
    If you lack a bit of dps, you could also use leatherworking drums for BL and Kafa Press when cd's are ready again.

Deleted
    Eh. Find a 1h and a shield -> spec Prot -> equip Ret Gear + 1h&shield -> Dead Warbringers. Even the ones with both Ghost&fear.
    Sure, it takes a while, but it's a guaranteened kill

As the above poster said, if you have a 1h+shield, even if kind of crappy just go prot for them.

I was doing them easily back at 520 ilvl in ToT as prot. As a human pally, all you need to do is bubble out of fear, racial out, bubble out, etc. You'll get RNG sometimes where you have to sit through a fear, but pop a CD and you're fine. This is also made easier with the ones who have the scarabs or w/e, as you spec single target AS, single target holy wrath, and spam cast avengers shield with other spells as filler, and just ignore cons.

Think back at that level warbringers took about 3-5 mins (3 being with the scarabs for AS procs) so these days in higher ilvl probably goes quicker. Oh and I used to abuse the ghost for veng using CDs/Holy Avenger, might be a bit less worthwhile now with the 5.4 veng changes though.

As others said I've been doing as ret lately, haven't really needed to dip in n out on them, because CDs w/o hero takes them down below 30-40% anyways (555 ret ilvl now), and selfless healer pretty much keeps you topped. Have WoG glyph so when you have to WoG, you gain a DPS benefit instead of fully losing all 3 hp worth of dmg.
    Last edited by Xfighter; 2014-01-03 at 10:07 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just strafe in a circle around them, staying out of their front arc, moving in and out as needed. While I hate being fear bombed, as long as I immediately move at the end of the fear, there us nothing to worry about. As to ghosts, I'll either ignore them or spam AoE. Warbringers aren't so bad as Ret, as you'll kill them far faster than in Prot, you just have to "tank" them like you are Prot: SoI, DP, Execution Sentence yourself for the burst heal if you cannot juke, etc.

SJ

10+ Year Old Account
    Fears and Thunder crushes are the only combo I really avoid. Since sods law dictates that every other fear you break out of, the one you don't he'll curb stomp your ass while you fume and rage at your screen.

Humans are assholes. They can just about break out of every fear. But yeah the advice given is sound, pick the right glyphs, talents, use seal of insight and you'll learn the dance.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.