Poll: Do you want paid boosted 90 in game?

Page 1 of 47
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you want paid boosted 90 to be in game?

Let's see who wants this to be a thing, and who doesn't.

Technically with WoD you'll be able to. Buy a new account, upgrade to WoD and then transfer the free 90 to your account.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Yes i do.. I have 13 90s 11 of which are horde... would love to top off a class or 2 on alliance side.

I cannot even fathom why anyone would want to skip 90% of the game. It's just paying to get bored quicker....

No, please God no - ANYTHING but that, i'm begging you. The free 90 for new players alone is bad enough but GOD NOT THIS TOO. On that note, why do new players get a free 90 again? I understand returning players but new ones? Just takes away those first special moments of the game, not to mention it would be incredibly hard to learn a class at 90, especially if you've never played the game before.

Leveling is a very important part of any MMO whether you like it or not, having the option to skip it means that i'd pretty much never level an alt again because I feel like i'm just wasting my time if I can get it for money. I seriously don't care if you hate leveling, it HAS to be there.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2014-01-01 at 09:13 PM.

No, the game has gone too far with this shit. If people really find most of the game to be that boring, then play something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is still a part of the game. Not a part everyone enjoys, but still something that some people (including the developers of the game) focus on.

The only thing I could see is a Guild Wars-esque insta-max level for PvP.

I don't necessarily want it but I'm not against it.

I really don't like have a payshop in a sub based game..
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Yes i do.. I have 13 90s 11 of which are horde... would love to top off a class or 2 on alliance side.
    If you have 13 90's you are in the extreme minority. You can just transfer a toon to alli. Or level another one. 13? What's 14?

Who cares, as long as it has no effect on my game enjoyment they can add all kinds of boosts...

No. There is currently too much derp, and not knowing basic class mechanics at end game, this just makes it worse by not introducing them one by one. Maybe if they set a requirement to already have a lvl 90+ of that class, but that would defeat the purpose for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    No. There is currently too much derp, and not knowing basic class mechanics at end game, this just makes it worse by not introducing them one by one. Maybe if they set a requirement to already have a lvl 90+ of that class, but that would defeat the purpose for most people.
    Way too much derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spekkiebig View Post
    Who cares, as long as it has no effect on my game enjoyment they can add all kinds of boosts...
    It does, though. Just think of how many people who, having leveled to cap, can barely play their class correctly. Do you think that, with people being able to PAY to become 90 and only have 10 levels to play in WoD, your game experience isn't going to be impacted in a very salient way?

Granted, there are players that could ding 90 and be able to play it well right then and there, but there's a reason why you get accessory skills as you level; you have to learn to play your class in increments to play it well and synthesize the inner machinations of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Players don't learn anything when they're leveling about how to play at max level. If anything some spells that are incredibly useful while leveling are really bad at max level. This means that all that derp you're talking about, at least in some cases, is because they leveled their character and never looked into how to play it at max. If people just create a character at last expansion's max they'll be forced to look for information on how to play it and possibly be better for it.

That's the flip side to it.
    I have to disagree with this in part. I can't really think of a skill that doesn't have some sort of feasible use at max level for ANY class, even if it's cosmetic, or just goofing around. You learn the machinations of a class as you play it, and I'm a firm believer that the leveling experience teaches you stuff about your class, and gives you experience with your class, that you're not gonna get just instantly getting to 90. That's my 2 cents on it, though. Grain of salt and what not.
    Last edited by Cuthburt; 2014-01-01 at 09:19 PM.

I really don't see the difference between someone leveling as Ret 1-90 and then choosing to be Prot or Holy once they ding and someone getting a free 90.

You are disillusion if you think leveling makes you good. The only people who need to level are people who are brand new to the game, I don't think anyone who is brand new is going to want to skip the tutorial levels AND invest a chunk of money before they even know if they like the game.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutions View Post
    Technically with WoD you'll be able to. Buy a new account, upgrade to WoD and then transfer the free 90 to your account.
    Which is why all these topics are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by spekkiebig View Post
    There is zero reason for anyone to level an alt whenever that comes out, you can do it for fun but it will be SERIOUSLY boring knowing that you can skip all of this.

There wouldn't be any low level dungeons/bgs (or it would take a VERY long time to queue for them) as no one would be leveling. Everyone would wait until they had money and just get a free 90. There's so many reasons as to why it's bad and just because it may not effect you players that sit in stormwind/org all day playing the AH, pet battling or whatever else you do at cap - It doesn't mean that it isn't going to hurt the game overall.

Tl;DR stop using "Well herp! If u don't like it, i guess u shouldn't use it?! HErpa derpa?!?" So tired of that argument. It's in like every thread whenever someone says something is bad.

Since when is lvling 90% of the game, maybe if your a altoholic and dont do any max level content? In my case and experience its more like 10-15% of the game, but then again i'm no altoholic and have only 2 max level characters and one more 80+. So leveling takes only a day and a half or something each expansion and then its back to max level content for the next like 1.5 to 2 years.

That being said i wouldnt like paid boosts straight to 90, the one we will get for free will be enough in my opinion. But maybe a paid xp boost like i think the asian servers have might be good middle ground if its for the right price.
    Last edited by chronia; 2014-01-01 at 09:23 PM.

i dont care. it will have no impact on my gaming experience at level 100.

Deleted
    couldn't care less about it. bad players will be bad regardless of whether they levelled their characters or bought their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I cannot even fathom why anyone would want to skip 90% of the game. It's just paying to get bored quicker....
    Then a person like you, with your opinion wouldn't buy it. Still doesn't change the fact that some/allot of people would. The levelling process is the worst part for me, Ive quit wow a few times, and every time its been while levelling an alt. I hit max, I raid... that's what I've done for years. Being able to skip to max level for me would be great. Obviously a requirement would need to be in place, E.G 1-2 characters already maxed (on the same server maybe?) Otherwhise its just a big middle finger to all the work put into the quests and zones e.t.c.

But yea, Its one of those things that makes the supporter happy, and gives not rights to the opposer as it doesn't actually effect them if they choose not to use it.