Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogums View Post
    Saying someone *has* to wear a specific type of clothing because of their gender is sexism. It's a prejudice about a specific gender.
    Take that sentence back 50 years and you get "But women DON'T wear pants and men DO." It's still sexist even that was a fact of society.

Also, there are women who wear boxers and men who wear thongs, saying that they can't or shouldn't wear those things is sexist.
    Jesus fucking christ really?

Why are people so up in arms about a damn picture? When did Blizz pop in here and say women have to wear this? Would you all be happy if they erased every single trace of feminine clothing or actions from video games?

Because clearly anything remotely girly is sexist, right?
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Jesus fucking christ really?

Why are people so up in arms about a damn picture? When did Blizz pop in here and say women have to wear this? Would you all be happy if they erased every single trace of feminine clothing or actions from video games?

Because clearly anything remotely girly is sexist, right?
    You don't have very good reading comprehension do you? I'm commenting on YOUR POST not the OP's. Clearly I don't think the picture or fact that she wears heels is sexist because of my other posts in the thread.

If you're going to over react and get all defensive because I corrected you, then this conversation is done until you learn to grow up.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

If there was a downvote button I would use the hell out of it on this post. People need to complain about things that matter. Like corrupt ass governments, or world hunger or something. It's not sexist it's a damned game OP.

You don't have very good reading comprehension do you? I'm commenting on YOUR POST not the OP's. Clearly I don't think the picture or fact that she wears heels is sexist because of my other posts in the thread.

If you're going to over react and get all defensive because I corrected you, then this conversation is done until you learn to grow up.
    And now you're getting personal because I used a swear word, if you also had any reading comprehension you would see I used the words "people" and not "you".

This entire thread is full of people grasping at straws and trying to apply sexism to any object or situation that is remotely connected to one gender. And people saying her wearing heels is "mildly offensive"? Really? Does that person also get offended when they go out for the night and see a woman wearing a dress? Because that is the exact same concept.

If half of the sexism believers had their way, the world would be full of neutral gender, dull things that applied to both sexes equally, with no variety, ever.

A picture of a woman wearing heels in a video game is not remotely sexist, get over it guys, jeez.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

And now you're getting personal because I used a swear word, if you also had any reading comprehension you would see I used the words "people" and not "you".
    No, my reading comprehension's pretty spot on. Next time don't QUOTE someone and then make an unconnected, general statement, because that's not how the quote system is used on forums.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think everyone's missing the logic behind this post

Heels are not appropriate battle attire and Sylvanas is going to sprain an ankle prancing around trying to look like she's ready for a night on the town. This is an outrage that Blizzard is trying to objectify women with the use of "sexy clothing".

/lessthanhalfsrs

No, my reading comprehension's pretty spot on. Next time don't QUOTE someone and then make an unconnected, general statement, because that's not how the quote system is used on forums.
    Ok bro, I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.

I'm just actually facepalming myself at the attitude of a lot of people in this thread, it's astounding how narrow minded they can get and jump on the sexism bandwagon just because they see something feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mni View Post
    I think everyone's missing the logic behind this post

Heels are not appropriate battle attire and Sylvanas is going to sprain an ankle prancing around trying to look like she's ready for a night on the town. This is an outrage that Blizzard is trying to objectify women with the use of "sexy clothing".

/lessthanhalfsrs
    Sylvanas should also have one of her breasts removed if she's going to be firing a bow. GET IT TOGETHER BLIZZ.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok bro, I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.

I'm just actually facepalming myself at the attitude of a lot of people in this thread, it's astounding how narrow minded they can get and jump on the sexism bandwagon just because they see something feminine.
    It's ok man. Just adjust your fedora and unrustle your jimmies and we can all move on.
    http://i.imgur.com/VWr6I.gif

- - - Updated - - -

I think we can all agree that they should just use low res WC3 models for Heroes. No heels here.
    Last edited by Boogums; 2014-01-02 at 05:21 AM.

Whilst we're on the topic; Illidan should put a damn shirt on and Malfurion should get a shave.

Because showing a muscular chest or having a massive beard is clearly sexist and the women at Blizzard should stop objectifying men, same concept as the OP, right?

What has society come to these days when they put a damn beard on men in video games...

The Sylvanas collectable figurine has heels as well.

My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Whilst we're on the topic; Illidan should put a damn shirt on and Malfurion should get a shave.

Because showing a muscular chest or having a massive beard is clearly sexist and the women at Blizzard should stop objectifying men, same concept as the OP, right?

What has society come to these days when they put a damn beard on men in video games...
    How exactly do you suggest Illidan put a shirt on?

I mean, a button up MAYBE, but there's no way homebro here's getting a t-shirt or sweatshirt on.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs45/f/20...by_sandara.jpg

How exactly do you suggest Illidan put a shirt on?

I mean, a button up MAYBE, but there's no way homebro here's getting a t-shirt or sweatshirt on.

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs45/f/20...by_sandara.jpg
    You're right, it's impossible. They need to delete the character entirely so that people don't get mildly offended by it.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't see her feet in the Hearthstone card, so I don't think this is the appropriate place for this thread. So I'm just going to close it.