10+ Year Old Account

Green fire quest fail

I've been following the guide at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGAsytx4oMs and I still can't get past the last boss. Basically once the felhunters come out I fail. I tried waiting till I got my item score up over 540 and still failing on this.

Is there something I missing with this quest, or is it a tricky dance?

Once the felhunters come out make sure their LoS from your pit lord. Use brimstone ability and aoe them down easy as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOS the pitlord away from the fel hunters, Kare should be following the pitlord as well, Burn down the puppies with havoc and bam you're done.

i found the fel hunters to be the easiest part of the fight, i had some problems with banishing the doom lords and also remembering to re-enslave the pitlord...that was the scariest part is to regain aggro control and hopefully not have kare and the doomlord's first banish come up when you have to re-enslave the pitlord

LOL, my buddy does this quest for people all the time, He did it in MOP Blues 462 equipped Ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Felhunters are a piece of cake with this strategy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRZpiNBIQA

Did this with my warlock with 500 ilvl. It takes "a few" tries, but practice makes perfect.
    Last edited by Eace; 2014-01-02 at 07:23 AM.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    LOL, my buddy does this quest for people all the time, He did it in MOP Blues 462 equipped Ilvl.
    Does for people all the time? Actually how since it's solo scenario? Telling tips and tricks or?

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the video guide that you're following and using a strat with the pitlord so close never worked for me. I have three warlocks of my own that I've done the quest on, and each time, the best strat for me personally, was to soulshatter, leave the pitlord to the right of the portal, drop RoF on the portal, and take the felhunters on my own to the left of the portal. At 540 ilvl, you shouldn't have trouble burning them down quickly. Most important is to keep them facing you, and not the pitlord.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Felhunters are a piece of cake with this strategy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRZpiNBIQA

Did this with my warlock with 500 ilvl. It takes "a few" tries, but practice makes perfect.
    Cool thanks Eace, I will watch and give it a go!

- - - Updated - - -

yeah I was thinking I must have been missing something, but as I said I'll try that other strategy Eace recommended and give it a go. My GS is 546 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirse View Post
    Does for people all the time? Actually how since it's solo scenario? Telling tips and tricks or?
    Although considered illegal mostly through account sharing if I would need to guess. They pay the money for him/her ( or its free I don't know about that)
    Then he/she logs in their account and does the quest on their warlocks. I had some guild mates who did this and got a considerable amount of money out of it

Deleted
    Eace, thanks for the video, i noticed your gateway wasn't destroyed by his cataclysm, mine always gets destroyed, no matter where i put it

First off, many people think that you can just trump this with better gear. Sure you can shorten the fight a bit with a higher gear level but you'll still need to obey the general mechanics. You are going to wipe on this. Several times. I did this with a 480 ilvl and it took about 6 hours of wiping spread across three days.

The fights is all about positioning. Imps can be gimped with a well timed breath from your pitlord. Felhunters are simple as long as you put the pitlord far enough away and use havoc/cb. Use the portal to make sure your pitlord gets enough aggro on the doomlords when they come out.

The bottom line is that there is no easy way to cheese this. Its going to take practice and determination, but once you get it down it was honestly one of the most rewarding feelings I've had in this game. Good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weep View Post
    The bottom line is that there is no easy way to cheese this. Its going to take practice and determination, but once you get it down it was honestly one of the most rewarding feelings I've had in this game. Good luck!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAQPSMCgyzk gear makes the whole thing kinda trivial.

I had made an macro for to instantly banish the 1st felhunter that would spawn. For the 2nd felhunter that spawned, I used the charge of the pitlord and instantly 1 hitted it with a chaos bolt. For the 3rd i manually agro'd it myself, to prevent it from despelling my controle demon buff. After that i would also manually kill the last remaining felhunter. I killed the boss just as the 2nd wave of felhunters spawned, with about 510 ilvl. As for other things, I tried to line up my cds, and have some spare embers for that moment when the boss uses Catacylsm, so that I could instantly burn a good amount of health away during that stun period when he takes a shitload of more damage. I've made a macro for banishing the doomlord that spawned and one to enslave the pitlord right at the start. Use the breath to your advantage to rape the imps that spawn.

Took me 2 attempts to kill him when I found out these things ( I didn't actually know I had to reset the debuff that ticks by standing in the breath :P )

10+ Year Old Account
    at 540 you should be able to burn him before the fel hunters even come out tbqh.

Best advice I can give to someone in your gear... Save CD's and generate embers and save em for the first charge you use. Precast a cbolt and right before it goes off, cast charge on the boss, that will let you dump 4 cbolts into him during charge. Also prior to the first imp wave he WILL NOT cast cataclysm, so use charge on CD ( lining it up with cbolts each time ).

What worked for me was sending Pit Lord a bit north of the other side of the gate the moment he starts summoning felhunters. Then cast RoF in the area they will spawn and move south of the gate a bit. Now, STAND STILL.

The second you see a 3rd felhunter, direct the Pit Lord to use his stun on them. It is an AoE stun. Havoc one, switch, Chaos Bolt and two will die. Then burn down the third, doesn't matter at that point if the Pit Lord enslave broke or not you can survive that shit long enough to kill a felhunter and then re-enslave.

Reading this thread made me curious about how fast a warlock could kill Karenthad at 578+ilvl, so I went in to kill it.

http://www.twitch.tv/smashyyww/c/3489706

I am admittedly bad on my lock, and I went in at about 540 ilvl. I got to fel hunters and just shadowfury'd, havoc and chaosbolted them. Not sure what spec OP is but i would just shadowfury and hard swap to them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smashyy View Post
    Reading this thread made me curious about how fast a warlock could kill Karenthad at 578+ilvl, so I went in to kill it.

http://www.twitch.tv/smashyyww/c/3489706
    ya back at 570 i was trying to go as fast as possible, my best attempt was 39 seconds. Its pretty insane. When i get full bis i might try to get a sub 30 second kill for shits and giggles.

Deleted
    I just did this as a 511 iLvL with not many enchants or gems. I followed the youtube link as someone posted above. I died 3 times, the first time was because I got overwhelmed by debuffs and imps, the second time my demonic circle ran out and the third time because I forgot to re enslave the pit lord.
    Some things that could help you: spam the dispell button you get from sacrificing your imp, you won't need to stand in the pit lords breath.
    Put the pit lord on passive before you try to LoS him from the felhunters and AOE the portal as they still might get to him first.
    Around the second Chaos Bolt, put down a fresh demonic circle.
    I killed him before having to re-enslave the pit lord.