Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Where can I farm windwool cloth?

Hello, I am a fairly new Tailor and I'd like to know a good spot to farm windwool cloth that actually works. I've watched a few videos on youtube about it and they all said to farm the beach next to Lion's landing where the Horde and Alliance are fighting.

However, for the last 3 days, whenever I go to that spot, the Horde and Alliance characters are just sitting behind barriers and launching cannonballs at each other. There is also an Alliance priest in the middle ressurecting a group of soldiers. Is there something I have to do to get the armies to fight up close? Does it only happen at a certain time? Or is there simply a better spot to farm?
    PS I do have the Northern cloth scavenging.
    Last edited by TheCheeseLord; 2014-01-02 at 05:06 PM.

I have several maxed characters who all farm for mats at Sunsong. If you concentrate on planting cloth plants you will get a huge amount in a few days without the grind of .......grinding.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fighting thing only happens on certain days, so it won't always be up.

Mantid in the Dread wastes is a good place to farm- theres commonly huge groups of them everywhere to farm. Mogu in the vale too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Check out the wowhead or wowdb pages for windwool and see which creatures have the highest drop percentages. Then find the area that has the highest concentrations of those creatures and farm away.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

The beach with the lizard people near the anglers has a good supply of mobs. I was getting 2-3 cloth per couple that I killed, seemed like a decent place to farm.

I would suggest the mogu in the vale, particularly in the underground temple kind of area, that has the three wings. They respawn quickly, drop nice amounts of cloth, motes of harmony, plus those keys to the ancient guo-lao caches there, which have a decent chance to also give you some imperial silk if you are a tailor.

Quote Originally Posted by FourEyesMoniker View Post
    I would suggest the mogu in the vale, particularly in the underground temple kind of area, that has the three wings. They respawn quickly, drop nice amounts of cloth, motes of harmony, plus those keys to the ancient guo-lao caches there, which have a decent chance to also give you some imperial silk if you are a tailor.
    This x100.

Those caches are f'ing amazing.

Gotten 5 skyshards so far from farming these once or twice a week since 5.4 hit as well.

Using your farm is the easiest way. If you have a bunch of alts, get their farms to exalted and plant away. It works well.

Why farm? I mean you can actually farm it, not just farm in the meaning of grind. Well, go to you farm, Sunsong ranch really, and plant Windshear cactus there.

For people suggesting the farm: you make better money planting Engima or Snakeroot Seeds and selling the stuff you farmed on the AH, afterwords buying all the cloth you need given its relatively low AH cost.

As for my personal place to farm I prefer the Mogu in the Vale for reasons already stated.

go into the corresponding faction's main base Lion's head/Domination Point. The beach isn't that great, but inside is fantastic. If you're alliance, don't use a flying mount, the horde cannons will almost 1 shot you. If you're horde, watch out for gryphs that will dismount you into other groups of mobs.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

If you are tailor, try spot at 61.40 in Krasarang Wilds, and don't forget potion of luck. It's amazing place for farm, npc's here are spawning pretty fast.

Tailor here seconding the vale mogu and krasarang base npcs - short session per week in there means I have my CD supply for the week.

best farming spot ive found is the barrens.. killing the lvl 90 guys, engineers are really easy to takedown because they dont really have the mortal strike debuff.. but just be aware u will pickup lots of npc junk too.

Deleted
    Shamans Trash = best IMO

I'm not expert on this subject but Anglers Expedition in Krasarang Wilds is a hell of a spot for farming in general, between the greens, blues, mote of harmony, vendor trash and cloth that drops you can make several thousand gold farming there for just one hour. I'd seen the youtube videos claiming to make 15K gold per hour farming that spot so I left the AH(where I usually make my gold) for an hour to go out there and farm the spot. I'll tell you now the 15k figure is complete nonsense but you can definitely make a few thousand gold per hour farming that spot, all you need is a few potion of luck and just head out there and kill everything in that little area. I did it on two separate occasions just to test it out and it is profitable but farming just isn't for me, I used 5 potion of luck(40g each on my server) in total and spent 1hour 40 mins total there and i probably made between 7-8k gold and got 45 stacks of windwool cloth.

If you decide to farm this spot I'd recommend emptying your bags before heading there and make sure you use the potion of luck, they last 20 mins so you'll need 3 to farm for an hour. I got around 22-23 greens in an hour and around 20 stacks of windwool cloth, 3-4 mote of harmony, few stacks of white/black trillium ore; vendor trash and gold from mobs added up to around 1k gold for an hour and I got 2 blue drops(most probably aren't this lucky) in the two times that I farmed and sold them on the AH for 5k total. Obviously the majority of the gold I made came from the blues but if you're just looking for a spot to farm windwool this is a good one because of the respawn rate and the other random items that drop.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For this and just about any other farming, I go to wowhead, check the mob/drop percentages, and look at the comments. There is usually some discussion of the best farming areas, updated regularly (some areas get nerfed in minor patches).

As others have said, it's sometimes easier timewise to farm and sell other things to buy what you need on the AH.

Deleted
    Potion of luck + krasarang wild as other's already mentioned

Deleted
    I farm all of my Windwool at the Firewalker Ruins on Timeless Isle, and I get quite a lot of stacks, while also cashing in on gold drops, some timeless coins, greys to sell, timeless items and so on. Of course, this is dependant on your farming prowess - I am able to rip through anything up there with little issue, but even if you group up with people to kill the mobs, you get personal loot on the mobs, so you could do that just fine.

In my case, it's a lot of money. Every 10.000 timeless coins gets turned into an epic which gets disenchanted. I can convert mail and leather tokens and disenchant them. Plate and cloth tokens sells for 5g :> there is also a good amount of greens which often sells for more to vendors, but if need be I can disenchant them for dusts and essences.

So in my case at least, this is the best place to farm cloth for me, because of the sheer amount of other things that I can make my money on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warscout/warbringer satchels can easily contain 70 or so windwool cloth in addition to bolts of windwool cloth. Even if you don't get the cloth-type satchel, the other types always contain something of value (lots of gems, enchanting mats, ore, etc)
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.