Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    Might be worth a decrease in stress if you stopped assuming everyone was trying to kill you. Might even make a friend here and there.
    But its most likely he'll be killed by someone he knows! Ffeeeeeaaaarrrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    That it's a silly premise of focusing on symptoms rather than the cause.
    Addressing the cause isnt something that can happen overnight so why not try to make these incidents less harmful in the mean time?

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Regulating firearms only works for people who were already going to follow the law to begin with. If you're a criminal, or a soon to be criminal (read: someone planning a mass school/theatre/whatever shooting), there are PLENTY of ways to obtain firearms illegally, and having harsher laws on obtaining guns won't change that at all.
    Then you're regulating it wrong. If you were to regulate firearms by making rules about how to keep firearms (e.g. in a 80kg safe with key and passcode, bolted to the wall), you'd make it pretty damn hard to steal a weapon. If ALL weapons had to be registred, being in possession of a non-registred weapon punished by say 20 years in jail doing hard manual labor, you'd make it so people didn't want to have unregistred guns. This wouldn't change the fact that there already are like 10 billion guns in the hands of criminals already, but it would be a step in removing said weapons from circulation within a century or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Guess what can fix that? Regulation.
    Let me guess...outlawing home invasions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    A more sensible idea would be mandatory gun safes, or is that too extreme an idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Armed responder stopped and basically ended the recent Arapaho High school shooting a couple weeks ago.

By being on scene, he forced the gunman into the library where he was cornered and took his own life. Kind of hard to argue against that.

This is not Europe, this is America, our values are different, and this isnt a pro/anti gun argument.

Armed responders in any school is a good idea imo.
    Putting MORE guns around kids in a culture that already glorifies them as something good and needed is a fucking terrible idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    Might be worth a decrease in stress if you stopped assuming everyone was trying to kill you. Might even make a friend here and there.
    I am not, i actually live in a country where guns among common people is extremely unusual, just responding to a post saying locks do not kill people.

Oh were back to that stupid laws are only for people who follow them thing. Might as well repeal every law then.

The full sentence of which he only bolded part was

You fools don't get it...those gun laws aren't for us. You think we care about regulations? We don't register our weapons; we steal them in home invasions. Almost everyone I know has at least one gun, and not a single one has it registered, and not a single one was purchased legally".
    Less guns to steal because of regulation = less guns in hands that stole them because there are less to steal.

A more sensible idea would be mandatory gun safes, or is that too extreme an idea?
    I would love potential liability for poorly stored weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    Regulating firearms only works for people who were already going to follow the law to begin with. If you're a criminal, or a soon to be criminal (read: someone planning a mass school/theatre/whatever shooting), there are PLENTY of ways to obtain firearms illegally, and having harsher laws on obtaining guns won't change that at all.

Know why it's so easy for criminals to obtain guns in the US? Because there are so many guns in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Puts knife to homeowner's neck* "Now open the safe, motherfucker."

You'd think after over 130 school shootings many of which happen because a family member gets a gun from the house (not locked up well of course) we would try and push for this but noooooooooo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    They should come down on it like a ton of bricks, a bedside cabinet is not a safe place to store a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Me too, the family members who are stupid enough to leave guns out, or "displayed" where kids can get them are at fault.

For instance one teen shot his friend and killed him with a shotgun that wasn't locked away in his house. The parents are to blame.

The world is out to get you isnt it.

Deleted
    *Puts knife to homeowners neck* "Now draw that pistol and shoot me motherfucker".

They should come down on it like a ton of bricks, a bedside cabinet is not a safe place to store a pistol.
    Or under your pillow, or under your bed, or in a shoe box, or in a fucking corner... (my friend kept her shotgun out in a corner of her house).

10+ Year Old Account
    *Puts knife to homeowners neck* "Now draw that pistol and shoot me motherfucker".
    It would be equally as impossible if it were locked up in a safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    The invader knew that there is a safe?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi