Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Conqueror > Battlemaster > Justicar

Justicar. would love to have it on my draenei paladin. not in this life, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Both titles mean nothing now. Almost everyone has them. I started this game in 2008 and Justicar was basically the only title I wanted back then. Most people who had it then got it before the rep change. That's why it was always neat to see some random DK in LK have it or some other LK loser like me. I never really cared for battlemaster because I always felt as though anybody who had it never got it legitly.

But after 6 years, everyone who wanted the title has it. I don't have it because I didn't get it during the LK expansion and I was like "well fuck it, it's too late now." The start of Cataclysm was also when I began to stop seriously playing wow after my old account was permanently banned and after that I starting to do trivial pve content with some casual 2's here and there.
    do you also consider that High warlord/ grand Marshall and "Hero of" titles nothing since many people have used win trading methods to achieve that?
    Battlemaster might actually be harder than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    do you also consider that High warlord/ grand Marshall and "Hero of" titles nothing since many people have used win trading methods to achieve that?
    Battlemaster might actually be harder than that.
    Honestly none of the pvp achievements other than Gladiator are important anymore. I don't care what anyone says, RBG's do not take skill. People who obtain High Warlord or Hero of The Horde are a dime a dozen to me now. Prior to them re introducing the titles, I did think High Warlord or any rank above Champion was pretty prestigious because of the amount of time and dedication you had to put in. Plus, I didn't play the game in Classic or BC so it was always nice to see someone have a title that you can never get.

The whole account wide achievements also devalued titles for me too. But that's a completely different issue.

Deleted
    Both titles mean nothing now. Almost everyone has them. I started this game in 2008 and Justicar was basically the only title I wanted back then. Most people who had it then got it before the rep change. That's why it was always neat to see some random DK in LK have it or some other LK loser like me. I never really cared for battlemaster because I always felt as though anybody who had it never got it legitly.
    I smell bitterness here? Either you are really exaggerating, or then there is a huge difference between eu/us servers.. Sure everyone who who had the patience and time to get the titles have them now, still it does not mean that everyone who wanted the titles got them (you for example). Still it is a small minority of players who have obtained any or both of these titles. Not sure what you mean by getting battlemaster "legitly, pretty sure most normal people got it by queuing random BG's solo like i did, no point in kidding yourself otherwise even if you did not succeed in getting it solo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    I smell bitterness here? Either you are really exaggerating, or then there is a huge difference between eu/us servers.. Sure everyone who who had the patience and time to get the titles have them now, still it does not mean that everyone who wanted the titles got them (you for example). Still it is a small minority of players who have obtained any or both of these titles. Not sure what you mean by getting battlemaster "legitly, pretty sure most normal people got it by queuing random BG's solo like i did, no point in kidding yourself otherwise even if you did not succeed in getting it solo.
    The titles are meaningless due to the fact the game has been out for 9 years. 9years. Would you seriously consider someone who gets justicar/battlemaster now as prestigious as someone who got it in LK? No you wouldn't because the person who got it in LK is basically a triple justicar now. This is also why people compete for titles when it first comes out. The earlier you get it, the better you are.

Would you consider someone who gets kingslayer in Cataclysm on the same level as someone who got it in LK? Nope, you wouldn't. There comes a time where titles that aren't exclusive become meaningless due the game being out for a long period of time.

If I decided today that I want Justicar/battlemaster it would probably take me till the end of MoP to get both. And after I'm done I'll feel like I just took a shit on everyone who actually got it when it was meaningful. Me wearing those titles would be a disgrace to those who actually earned them in LK.

I choose not to do them after I failed in LK as a sign of respect to the people who actually got them when it was meaningful to get them. They should've literally removed both titles after LK was over but for some reason kept them in.

Deleted
    Battlemaster sounds better, but the Title I want is "the Bloodthirsty". I'm to lazy to farm HK's because I only have 40k :/

Justicar sounds better. Boring grind though

10+ Year Old Account
    I have both. I use Battlemaster. I did both thru solo queuing ONLY, no premades or openraids or Oqueue or anything, did them both all natural. Been playing since early 2005 so when achievements came around I was already honored or revered with WSG. The final one I got was "Resilient Victory" from AB. I also have Master of Ioc, TP, & BfG done as well, again, done strictly solo queuing.

I quit WoW for over a year during MoP and I'm already close to having Master of ToK done, I have SSM blacklisted so I'm not close to that one.

Justicar and Bloodthirty are mind numbingly boring. Just takes time, you will get both if you play long enough, shit, you can literally run around in a circle and not do shit in any BG and still get both eventually. Battlemaster requires skill, luck, and a shit load of time.

- - - Updated - - -

The titles are meaningless due to the fact the game has been out for 9 years. 9years. Would you seriously consider someone who gets justicar/battlemaster now as prestigious as someone who got it in LK? No you wouldn't because the person who got it in LK is basically a triple justicar now. This is also why people compete for titles when it first comes out. The earlier you get it, the better you are.
    PvP titles don't lose their appeal becasue the content isn't outdated, sure you can roll up into ICC 25H now and destroy the place with a couple of friends to get titles/mounts, but getting Battlemaster/Khan now isn't any easier than is was in WotLK or Cata. Shit, I'd say some achievements are even harder now... "Defense of the Ancients" comes to mind now that bombs basically 3 shot walls and "Not a Scratch" when a Demo has what? Like 4M HP, I can stealth, lay a few bleeds on it and it'll tick down to nothing and the other team can't do shit about it.

EDIT: I still think "Khan" is a terrible title. I think it should have been "Warmaster" and is should have required completing "Battlemaster" plus IoC, BfG, TP, ToK, SSM... venturing into SSM isn't worth "Khan" to me, but "Warmaster"... I may start cracking horde heads for.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-01-16 at 03:14 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    In my opinion battlemaster lost a bit of it's value since "Khan" was introduced.

Deleted
    I have the Conqueror title and I miss only a handful of victories and two achievements to get the Battlemaster one my main. Both are not hard achievements, but they do need a lot of commitment, especially the first since reputation is not account wide. They don't show skill or anything, but you can be sure who has those titles is a committed PVPer and a very, very patient guy. I think some people still look up to those titles because unlike many others you actually have to work for them, it's not a matter of a week or two of grinding.

Deleted
    Justicar is a better title, just sounds prestigious.

Deleted
    I've had Battlemaster for a long time now but I just can't do the WSG grind to Justicar, even though I'm already revered. And to be honest, I wouldn't display it anyway. What I WILL display is Khan once I get it, though that's still a good 170 wins away -.-

Deleted
    Bring up this post!
    I'd like to hear some more opinions!

Battlemaster is much much easier, you can use alts to do every hard achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I have both titles on my Paladin main. But I would go for Justicar.

I think the 10_12 weeks playing 10 hours a day to get those flags out of Warsong Gulch were fantastic. I counted that I would need around 20 flags per day and you know sometimes I lost 5 hours to just get 2 wins...

I remember driving my son to his footbal training and instead of watching the dull training I calculated how many days/nights I would need to be Justicar at a certain date.

Battlemaster was not as epic as suddenly you would get an achievement without even bothering to do it.

Also Justicar is UNIQUE to your avatar, while Battlemaster is distributed over all your characters.

So Justicar is the more fun IF you like BG's that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Justicar/Conqueror is the coolest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battlemaster is the more prestigious title IMO, but Conqueror sounds better. Justicar sounds kind of lame to me.

Deleted
    Definitely Battlemaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred Battlemaster when it still required Conqueror/Justicar. ;_;