Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Raids, raids, raids....what about the WORLD of Warcraft?

All the WoD information I see atm is either about raiding, group finder, item stats or classes. Where is the news about us getting back into the world, taking advantage of the beautiful world that is Azeroth and giving people reasons to interact again. Not talking about garrisons or world bosses, but a overhaul of the social experience, starting with the current dreadful levelling.

They've said lots about how they are incorporating timeless isle style events into levelling. You just conveniently skipped it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

oh well, not sure if you're informed enough but haven't you heard about all the new event/questing system there will be in Draenor? that's a good starting point in my opinion. About leveling well.. I don't find it that painful but still the priority is to create great experience past lv 100.

The only reason people should play games is to beat them and challenge themselves in it to be the best they can be. If you play for visuals or "story" you should go look at art or read a book. That's not what a game should be.

Deleted
    It's just not being discussed by the blues atm, mainly because people are more interested in the take on raids and class balance than the world, mainly because nowadays it's completely irrelevant after reaching the level cap.

Not saying it should be ignored/it's less important, it's just not being discussed atm, check the Blizzcon vids if you want to know all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    The only reason people should play games is to beat them and challenge themselves in it to be the best they can be. If you play for visuals or "story" you should go look at art or read a book. That's not what a game should be.
    ^This
    Because WoW is able to be beaten and is challenging.

You aren't the RPG markets target audience.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    It's just not being discussed by the blues atm, mainly because people are more interested in the take on raids and class balance than the world, mainly because nowadays it's completely irrelevant after reaching the level cap.

Not saying it should be ignored/it's less important, it's just not being discussed atm, check the Blizzcon vids if you want to know all about it.
    It's ignored at level cap because Blizzard down right fears or refuses to do it. Look at Haala which stands as one of the best if not the best World PvP model. What did they do? They looked at it and said "Well by 2.4 it was dead." (generalizing) Yeah, it was dead. It was dead because it didn't have a single reward update since ptr which is just stupid. You can't update everything around a piece of content and then become "shocked" that the one piece which was left alone by the development team is ALSO left alone by the players.

They aimed to get people back into the world in Mist of Pandaria. The results were hugely unpopular. Dailies, Treasure Hunting, Rare Farming: All got very mixed (and often vocally negative) responses. The community is a little bit schizophrenic like that.

Deleted
    There will be hidden treasure chests and rewads if you decide to explore the world while you are questing.Also,there will be no flying mounts till' 6.1.So don't worry,you'll have plenty of time to "explore" the world.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    They aimed to get people back into the world in Mist of Pandaria. The results were hugely unpopular. Dailies, Treasure Hunting, Rare Farming: All got very mixed (and often vocally negative) responses. The community is a little bit schizophrenic like that.
    Uh... what? I know we can both agree with the Dailies debacle but I don't believe there is much truth to the rest of that list. Rare Farming has ALWAYS existed. Treasure Hunting is completely optional and only butt hurt people who are obsessive compulsive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    It's ignored at level cap because Blizzard down right fears or refuses to do it. Look at Haala which stands as one of the best if not the best World PvP model. What did they do? They looked at it and said "Well by 2.4 it was dead." (generalizing) Yeah, it was dead. It was dead because it didn't have a single reward update since ptr which is just stupid. You can't update everything around a piece of content and then become "shocked" that the one piece which was left alone by the development team is ALSO left alone by the players.
    World Bosses were a good solution to make people come back to certain zones, the problem was that it became irrelevant next raiding patch.
    Sincerely hope they'll fix this by updating certain loot now and then.

Deleted
    Now that is just plain your Oppinion, which isn't something that "should" be. I'm also playing to beat them, but only because for me it is what I call "Fun". Now Fun is a VERY flexible word that is (who would have thought) kissing the Ass of the word "Oppinion". You might feel like it needs to be the only reason, but I bet there are enough people who play a Fantasy Game, be it plain RPG/MMORPG or some other Genre that goes with Fantasy, to experience the STORY or even the beautiful Art on the Walls of that one building in this mystical world.

Actually, even though, again this is an Oppinion -> Feeling the NEED to be the best at a Video Game is one thing. But to an extent it CAN actually be quite silly and all out ludicrous. To the extent where other people's Oppinions are plain out shit and they are all incompetent Noobs. Now I'm not saying that you said something like that, ever - But it is what people can read into those "semi-forced Oppinions".

If you look at it neutrally.. and this might sound weird: There ARE right and wrong Oppinions to some extent. There are just next to none when it comes to Video Games and especially what you do with them.

Just my 2 cents.

On Topic: OP pretty much has an answer: Dynamic Events / New Quest System.
    -> Though the new Quest System really is like "RNG on Reward-quality". So the biggest change are those Dynamic Events and such, which aren't actually tied into some new Quest System. They are just Bonus stuff you can discover and do.

And I guess that is about enough World you get with WoD. With no flying being a thing you have about enough time to actually look at some work well done by the Art Team.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    World Bosses were a good solution to make people come back to certain zones, the problem was that it became irrelevant next raiding patch.
    Sincerely hope they'll fix this by updating certain loot now and then.
    I don't think that Philosophy works. How is it "returning to old zones" when all they do is fly over your head, land in a pile, kill the boss, and fly the fuck away?

Still to this day to me 40 ground mounted players charging in is infinitely more awesome to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You aren't the RPG markets target audience.
    I'd beg to differ. I've played RPGs since I started gaming when I was 9. I play the initially for plot without guides, then afterwards use every resource at my disposal to beat it with faster times or get perfect game files. I play level 1 games, speed runs, and try to perfect specific portions of my play in my spare time. I believe that I am the ideal RPG gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Well then, that's certainly an opinion. Guessing you're the kind of guy who thinks games hit their peak in the arcade?
    Absolutely not. But I certainly am not going to sit here and argue skill/value based on time period of a game being released. That would be absurd, right?

Look. Don't get butthurt for me calling the OP out on being a story loving casual. Any player that plays WoW for "story" is a fool. Though I stand by my point about games being meant to be challenged and beaten, there are plenty of better games with worthy plot. I highly recommend The Last Of Us by the way.
    Last edited by Kakera; 2014-01-03 at 01:40 PM.

I'd beg to differ. I've played RPGs since I started gaming when I was 9. I play the initially for plot without guides, then afterwards use every resource at my disposal to beat it with faster times or get perfect game files. I play level 1 games, speed runs, and try to perfect specific portions of my play in my spare time. I believe that I am the idea RPG gamer.

Absolutely not. But I certainly am not going to sit here and argue skill/value based on time period of a game being released. That would be absurd, right?
    Opinion:
    a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Think you need to freshen up on more English.

I believe that I am the idea RPG gamer.
    I think you miss understood what the RP in RPG stands for. Why games like The Last Of Us were so successful, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I think you miss understood what the RP in RPG stands for. Why games like The Last Of Us were so successful, etc.
    Sir, I think you need to understand that 10 million people have been doing it wrong.

Deleted
    I don't think that Philosophy works. How is it "returning to old zones" when all they do is fly over your head, land in a pile, kill the boss, and fly the fuck away?

Still to this day to me 40 ground mounted players charging in is infinitely more awesome to watch.
    This was obviously implied in my post, just didn't think it was worth mentioning it because it's so obvious.

Sir, I think you need to understand that 10 million people have been doing it wrong.
    WoW is not the only RPG, and it's not even an ACTUAL RPG. It's an MMO.

It also doesn't have a standard completion scenario like most non-MMO's.