Poll: Would you like only one 90?

Deleted

Solution to the instant 90 roundabout way

They could make so that if you already have an instant 90 character on a license you cannot transfer another boosted character to that license. Or if you transferred an instant 90 you can no longer use the boost.

This will allow them to stick to their original ONE boost to 90 idea and avoid exploiting / the need to buy more games only for the boost.

Doesn't need to work like this and can probably be polished but this goes to show that there are ways to make it not happen, since there are quite a few arguments that people will buy more games and have instant 90's anyway.

They should purposefully decrease their own income, and take away an option from players that want to give them more money?

Well, that's not going to happen. Why does it matter to you, anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with this. Flagging an account just like they did with the limit of
    death knights per server would be a possible way to stop the influx of
    tons of fresh 90's. Once you've used your boost, you can't buy another
    nor could you transfer one to your current account. Mind you, that would
    only be a solution if they stick to the 1 free 90 per expack purchase system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    They should purposefully decrease their own income, and take away an option from players that want to give them more money?

Well, that's not going to happen. Why does it matter to you, anyway?
    Because it will be a stepping stone for further pay to win. Remember when players couldn't even create 2 characters of opposite faction on the same PVP server?
    It will be already pay to win to some extent. 2 professions bought from the store quickly comes to mind since characters with the max level of the previous xpac can level professions to current max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Because it will be a stepping stone for further pay to win. Remember when players couldn't even create 2 characters of opposite faction on the same PVP server?
    It will be already pay to win to some extent. 2 professions bought from the store quickly comes to mind since characters with the max level of the previous xpac can level professions to current max level.
    The instant 90 is in no way, shape, or form pay to win under any sensible definition. Also FYI the new level cap is 100.

Or they could just allow people to do all that for an instant 90 if they really want to. Seriously, how is it a negative thing that the option is available to those who want to use it? Do you think that suddenly there is going to be loads of level 90s who have to clue how to play? Well that already happens now. If someone is paying all the extra money to but a second wow liecence, WoD exp and to transfer the new character then they must be pretty committed to that new 90. Ofc they aren't going to stop this from happening (in fact I'd be surprised they didnt promote it more) as it means a whole lot of extra income for a trivial addition. Did they try stopping people use RAF on themselves then transfer the character to main account?

It's not pay-to-win either. getting a character boosted to lvl 90 (of 100) gives you no real benefit over another player other than saving a bit of time.
    Last edited by autopsy; 2014-01-02 at 10:20 PM.

How is this pay to win? If you get to 90, what do you win exactly? Is this going to effect PvP competition somehow? People couldn't level that alt and get it ready to go if they wanted to class switch? Is it going to effect PvE races? Is Blood Legion going to win next tier, because they bought extra level 90s?

No. No, no, no, no, no. And your poll choices suck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    The instant 90 is in no way, shape, or form pay to win under any sensible definition. Also FYI the new level cap is 100.
    Did you even read what I posted? Or you simply disagree on principle?
    I said that instant 90 can have the professions to the max level, probably 675. That means 2 more cooldowns bought from the store. That means advantage over players who don't. That means pay to win.

Deleted
    I said that instant 90 can have the professions to the max level, probably 675. That means 2 more cooldowns bought from the store. That means advantage over players who don't. That means pay to win.
    Explain where bought professions is a thing? because if you have to add some mythical, worse case, not even talked about scare story to make a point, you don't have a point to make.

Post a source on this please, and please explain how that is pay to win.

If you want a real example of pay to win, look at D3. You want gear? Get a job. Buy it out of the RMAH. The BMAH is closer to pay to win in WoW (I don't like that it can sell heroic gear) but even then it doesn't make that much of a difference in the end.

Getting a "free" level 90 is not pay to win unless you think the purpose of playing is to get to level 90. Or level 100.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I read your post and I think that using professions as an argument is grasping at straws. You still have to level the professions. Plus with garrisons you'll have pseudo-access to all professions anyway. Also, people who are really concerned enough about professions to worry about having alts for additional cooldowns probably already have those alts.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to use this option mainly because I couldn't bother having more than one character at max level. Does it really bother you that much that someone would do this? When we look at it this way, it would remove the rampant usage of bots while levelling for those who purchases a 'botting'-license.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the feeling you've misunderstood the meaning of 'pay to win'. 'Winning' in World of Warcraft surely isn't about the amount of professions or level 90/100's you have.