Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mackeral View Post
    Really? MY 650 GBP COSTING PC THAT I built last year runs wow on ultra- with 90+ fps in 25man raids and 140+ fps in SW busy time of the day.
    Sigh, this again.

Doubtful. You're either running at lower resolution, or you're not in combat in raids, or confusing "hits 90" with "stable 90"
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Really? MY 650 GBP COSTING PC THAT I built last year runs wow on ultra- with 90+ fps in 25man raids and 140+ fps in SW busy time of the day.
    And that is no frilly fancy crap for 650 im hoping you can tell..
    No it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    You include a bunch of useless specs regarding if it will play WoW on ultra with 60 fps, but fail to include the resolution of the screen you will be playing this game on.

As others have stated, drop the I7, and drop it down to 8GB of RAM. With the money you save, you can get an actual hard drive to put your game and OS on, and not a 2TB mess.
    *Vote for best answer, monitor resolution is forgotten to mention many times but very important! And i7 is overrated for gaming, RAM could be usefull if you multitask abit during gaming (play windowed while browsing for example).

Deleted
    Might wanna post at what resolutions you guys are gonna play at as well. Im running the game at 2560x1440 with an i5-4670k and GTX 780 in SLI and 8 GBs of ram.
    With people around at two shrines I get 60fps, flying around the zones tops out at 90fps. In 10man raids Im unsure but it might fluctuate at around 100-110.

Looking at the sky of course maxes the fps out at 120fps.

(Saw that others had talked about the resolution after I posted)

- - - Updated - - -
    @Disconnected
    It might at 800x600

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Sigh, this again.

Doubtful. You're either running at lower resolution, or you're not in combat in raids, or confusing "hits 90" with "stable 90"
    sigh all you want if it makes you feel better. I am currently in 25man lfr raid, before I entered I was at a STABLE 175 fps upping to 199 - lowering to 156.

In the middle of fighting Immerseus - 25man as I said, with everything on ULTRA including resolution at 1920x1080 wide I am sitting at stable 95fps dropping to 63 or going up to 107fps during combat

Perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to *sigh* foolish person

sigh all you want if it makes you feel better. I am currently in 25man lfr raid, before I entered I was at a STABLE 175 fps upping to 199 - lowering to 156.

In the middle of fighting Immerseus - 25man as I said, with everything on ULTRA including resolution at 1920x1080 wide I am sitting at stable 95fps dropping to 63 or going up to 107fps during combat

Mind taking a screen shot of it and kindly posting it here then, with the FPS clearly in view? CTRL+R is the default to show FPS in case you're not sure how to do so.

Nobody was quick to sigh. People who know their stuff just know that WoW is limited by the system's CPU. You can have the best GPU in the world but if your CPU can't handle it, you're not getting anywhere near 90+ FPS stable in 25-man raids. Unfortunately for your argument, there is no CPU out there right now that can handle that FPS in a 25-man raid on Ultra @ 1920x1080 so...I'm gonna have to stick with my original comment and say "No it doesn't" until you provide proof.

On topic: As others have stated, I would definitely drop the 16 GB of RAM and drop down to 8 GB. 8 GB is plenty of RAM unless you're going to be doing a lot of video rendering. Same goes for the i7. Drop it down to an unlocked i5 and you'll be golden, especially once you overclock it a bit. If you've never overclocked in the past, don't worry about it. It's not too difficult and you should be able to get at least slight overclocks without much trouble at all.
    Last edited by Disconnected; 2014-01-03 at 05:26 PM.

this is probably going to be massively overpriced. Those parts are worth maybe 1k at the most and the i7 is useless unless you are planning on video rendering so go with the i5
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Immerseus also being one of the lower taxing fights fps wise in that instance with all the people spread and you only looking at the boss's arse. And you are already seeing dips to 60. Also lfr usually isn't as taxing as real 25man since most of the people are muppets who fail to push the buttons on GCD and the usual couple persons afk.

10+ Year Old Account

I would like to see your FPS on Flex for Sha.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disconnected View Post
    Mind taking a screen shot of it and kindly posting it here then, with the FPS clearly in view? CTRL+R is the default to show FPS in case you're not sure how to do so.

Nobody was quick to sigh. People who know their stuff just know that WoW is limited by the system's CPU. You can have the best GPU in the world but if your CPU can't handle it, you're not getting anywhere near 90+ FPS stable in 25-man raids. Unfortunately for your argument, there is no CPU out there right now that can handle that FPS in a 25-man raid on Ultra @ 1920x1080 so...I'm gonna have to stick with my original comment and say "No it doesn't" until you provide proof.

Happy to, oh and not a fight on immerseus here for you weird arse naysayers

http://i41.tinypic.com/5lzzx4.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/104q6ub.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/6pq746.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/27ywsxf.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc4035b58052; 2014-01-03 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to be a dick, but in the first 3 screenshots you are looking at the sky .... PLUS the video settings are not shown.

Pics #1 and #2 are both angled high and trying to avoid as many visual effects as possible, and still not even breaking 80 FPS. The shadows also seem off for being at Ultra because there are barely any shadows visible under any of the units, including the boss. If I had to guess, I'd say you have most things turned up to Ultra and the most demanding settings, such as Shadows and SSAO as low as possible. Either way, nope.

Pic #3 is looking up in the sky, and you're still barely getting 83 FPS. Nope.

Pic #4 is looking at a wall in Shrine, where people can get upwards of 200+ FPS. Nope.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Disconnected View Post
    Pics #1 and #2 are both angled high and trying to avoid as many visual effects as possible, and still not even breaking 80 FPS. The shadows also seem off for being at Ultra because there are barely any shadows visible under any of the units, including the boss. If I had to guess, I'd say you have most things turned up to Ultra and the most demanding settings, such as Shadows and SSAO as low as possible. Either way, nope.

Pic #3 is looking up in the sky, and you're still barely getting 83 FPS. Nope.

Pic #4 is looking at a wall in Shrine, where people can get upwards of 200+ FPS. Nope.
    even with proof you cant admit to being wrong, there is nothing more I can say. I am in the middle of fights with higher than 60 fps. Something people are saying isn't possible as stable. all my pics show higher than that stable.

If you cannot accept plain evidence of what is asked for, then you do not deserve to comment on it! simple as that.

All pics cept for last in combat-
    All pics showing higher fps than was said was possible as stable during combat
    All pics showing fight mechanics as I am in the middle of it all and you still say nope. hehe face the truth, suck it up and admit you are wrong

They are not even angled high apart from 3rd showing fight mechanics in the air? 1_2 are facing the boss with flames and shit whizzing past screen, dear lord what is wrong with you people? sore losers much?

@OP: doubt it. I don't think it's really doable to have solid 60 fps in this game on current hardware. The CPU is the limiting factor, my i5-2500k @ 4.7 GHz still drops me to 40s in Orgrimmar on peak times.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

Deleted
    When I downloaded the raw images they're 1600x900 not 1920x1080. Thats a 633600 pixel difference.
    Last edited by mmocbefd526b79; 2014-01-03 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    even with proof you cant admit to being wrong, there is nothing more I can say. I am in the middle of fights with higher than 60 fps. Something people are saying isn't possible as stable. all my pics show higher than that stable.

If you cannot accept plain evidence of what is asked for, then you do not deserve to comment on it! simple as that.

All pics cept for last in combat-
    All pics showing higher fps than was said was possible as stable during combat
    All pics showing fight mechanics as I am in the middle of it all and you still say nope. hehe face the truth, suck it up and admit you are wrong

They are not even angled high apart from 3rd showing fight mechanics in the air? 1_2 are facing the boss with flames and shit whizzing past screen, dear lord what is wrong with you people? sore losers much?
    Admit it guys, you said it's not possible to get 60FPS at ultra, but you never said how the camera should be angled. Technically He is right

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how you're zooming into your character with no spells or players visible, good job mate, you proved us all wrong. There is no need for proof, what you're saying is false and impossible even with the best PC setup.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mackeral
    There's like 5 people visible in the screen and in one shot you are facing the sky.. Plus there's no way of telling on what settings you did the fight with.

Yeah I'm just totally tired with this same topic that seems to surface twice a month. Someone claims that they can play the game with all settings maxed with zomg +100!!11 fps but it all comes down to big words and little proof.

The fact is that no setup currently is able to stay above 40 fps all the time in every 25man+ fight with all settings maxed and at 1920x1080.
    Last edited by Ghâzh; 2014-01-03 at 06:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I love how your zooming into your character with no spells or players visible, good job mate, you proved us all wrong. There is no need for proof, what you're saying is false and impossible even with the best PC setup.
    I play 1st person always, oh wait does that not count because its not how you play? must make my playstyle in raids 100% invalid...

#sob story

10+ Year Old Account
    I play 1st person always, oh wait does that not count because its not how you play? must make my playstyle in raids 100% invalid...
    How can you play in first person such a game like WoW when you need to be aware what is happening around your character?
    And why did you censor your skill bar? O.o