Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Is this real life?...

So i'm browsing some ladies on the plenty of fish website and this moderately cute blonde shows up, I scroll down to look at her About Me: section and I found this ray of sunshine a la wall of text. Am I the only one that thinks this kind of stuff is disgusting (Save a few legitimate requirements) and I hate that this type of blatantly rude, stuck-up, narcissistic crap really gives a bad name to this generation (I'm a 21 year old guy) Saddest part is I feel like the population of these cheery people is large and quickly rising. Anyone think i'm wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/ebPdroo.png

(Sorry the text is small, just zoom in and it's fine)

10+ Year Old Account
    Given her closing statement I heavily suspect she's trolling.

Not sure if on purpose, but her name is still showing at the bottom of the text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunkosaurus View Post
    So i'm browsing some ladies on the plenty of fish website and this moderately cute blonde shows up, I scroll down to look at her About Me: section and I found this ray of sunshine a la wall of text. Am I the only one that thinks this kind of stuff is disgusting (Save a few legitimate requirements) and I hate that this type of blatantly rude, stuck-up, narcissistic crap really gives a bad name to this generation (I'm a 21 year old guy) Saddest part is I feel like the population of these cheery people is large and quickly rising. Anyone think i'm wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/ebPdroo.png

(Sorry the text is small, just zoom in and it's fine)
    Sadly this is what society is evolving to. The real question is can she pass her own requirements? If not then why would want to bother?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

all seem legit, except for the names "B S J W" - my name starts with none of those 4 but why would someone not like them? Benjamin? Sam? John? William? Pretty cool names, rest seems fine.

you don't really know the girl, maybe she was burned way too many times and cba to continue wasting her time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Sadly this is what society is evolving to. The real question is can she pass her own requirements? If not then why would want to bother?
    Her first name starts with S.

FAIL

However, barring a few points, I'd say that's a perfectly normal list. Most of that is just considered common sense and is usually not mentioned specifically.

Deleted
    Why are people mad?

If i was that bothered, i'd message her thanking her for showing how unsuitable she is for the majority of the population; Then to query how many cats she owns.

This is just fantasy.

She sounds arrogant, shallow and unpleasant. I wouldn't want to meet her, let alone date her.

I guess she's technically free to impose a load of ridiculous arbitrary rules on prospective partners, just like every level-headed person with taste is free to not want to go anywhere near her.

Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide,
    No escape from reality.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a troll post, to be honest. Dating sites are filled with them.

15+ Year Old Account
    And don't you even think about trying to hide your fucking swag from her. She has a swag-o-meter and if she find your levels are above 0% YOU'RE DONE.

Of course if you use your bitch-o-meter on her it will explode, just a warning cause those things are expensive.

Deleted
    I like how graduating high school is a prerequisite and yet her grammar and spelling are fucking awful.

Doesn't really matter, just say "nope" and click the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    Her first name starts with S.

FAIL

However, barring a few points, I'd say that's a perfectly normal list. Most of that is just considered common sense and is usually not mentioned specifically.
    I saw that... most are common sense, certainly... However, using that long laundry list in an opening salvo as it was truly shows their suitability for any relationship.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Its not reallife its a screenshot.

I don't find most of that unreasonable, though the bit about the first letter of the names can't possibly be serious. Of course, the ones about jobs and money had better apply to herself too, otherwise she's a hypocrite and a gold digger.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhammer99 View Post
    This is just fantasy.
    Dammit you beat me to it :<

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide,
    No escape from reality.
    Open your eyes,
    Look up to the skies and see,
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy,
    Because I'm easy come, easy go,
    Little high, little low,
    Anyway the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you expected on POF. Lol.

It's basically the "casual encounters" section of Craigslist with less serial killer and fake idiocy. A lot of people post on Craigslist just to act stupid. These people are actually... stupid.