Deleted

Idea for bringing an extra roleplay factor to hunters

I was just thinking of an idea to bring back pouches to hunters (just for the roleplay value)

You get an extra bag slot only made for the pouch and in it you can put arrows that only change your shots cosmetically

for example, you now shoot a fire arrow instead of your normal autoshot,or maybe a lightning arrow. (No increase in damage for balance reasons)
    A purple cobra shot or a 3x bigger arcane shot might also look quite neat.
    Blizzard could even make a class specific quest out of it, like the warlocks one where we can test them all out.

Anybody find this an interesting idea?

Quote Originally Posted by xaradak View Post
    I was just thinking of an idea to bring back pouches to hunters (just for the roleplay value)

You get an extra bag slot only made for the pouch and in it you can put arrows that only change your shots cosmetically

for example, you now shoot a fire arrow instead of your normal autoshot,or maybe a lightning arrow. (No increase in damage for balance reasons)
    A purple cobra shot or a 3x bigger arcane shot might also look quite neat.
    Blizzard could even make a class specific quest out of it, like the warlocks one where we can test them all out.

Anybody find this an interesting idea?

I like the idea a lot. But i do thing spell fx should be toned down a little in general. A raid sometimes looks like a confusing mess. But your ideas are quite good imo

Deleted
    Yea didn't think about that, however changing color shouldn't be a problem, they changed warlocks to green and it didn't lag the game more

I could see it happening as a class quest (a la green fire) or possibly as a minor glyph, not sure it'd be something they'd code an extra hunter-only slot for.

Deleted
    I'd love to change my arrows a bit more.

I remember the cool frost arrows during ICC times.

Deleted
    pouches are lame, buying arrows at vendor is lame... coloured arrows nice idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its a neat idea. But I agree with the first poster, the spell fx have gotten crazy. It isn't a lag issue for me, just a too much going on a once issue.