Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Greater Heal?Am I missing something?

**Sry for crap english here below**

Hello everyone,

Im just curious to ask to all priests here around how often they use Greater Heal, I'm not a super Wow player and I'm currenlty 11/14 Normal 10man, not the best rank at all xD
    I would like to know if I'm doing it wrong/am I missing something or if it's a personal/normal choice to don't use it, cast time It's too long from my point of view. I have not even put in bar.I will appreciated any kind of feedback.

Thanks to all.

p.s. I play Disc
    Last edited by mmoc5b375af2d7; 2014-01-03 at 01:53 PM.

Extremely rarely use it as Disc, but I would still have it on my bars.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Inner Focus sometimes with high damage on tank (or more times if high damage keeps coming only on tank and not keeping him up with atonement).
    It would only be bad if you are using Flash Heal instead of it, different situation heals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khatsoo View Post
    With Inner Focus sometimes with high damage on tank (or more times if high damage keeps coming only on tank and not keeping him up with atonement).
    It would only be bad if you are using Flash Heal instead of it, different situation heals.
    Never found a situation where a GreaterHeal could be better than a Flash, yes healing output will be bigger but for me the cast time is extremely frustrating and not helpful at all......

Not on my bars.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You want to have that spell ready at all times in case there's large damage coming to your tank. You should know this and then pre-cast it right before the damage is coming.
    Other than that, as you gear up the cast time will be reduced with your haste and you will be happy using it once in a while when it's needed with your procs.

Healing is fun because you can always improve and the scenery is rarely the same even when you do the same fight 5 times in a row. People might take more damage here and there, the tanks might make some lesser mistake, etc... give time to yourself and you'll most certainly learn how to take full advantage of the priest, probably the best healing class ever!

Deleted
    It's on there, very rarely use it though.

It's pretty useful combined with inner focus, though opportunities are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It's all about anticipating the damage and casting accordingly.

Is a big boss ability about to go off, but the tank hasn't taken damage yet? Greater Heal's cast time is probably worth it. Saves a bit of mana for a nice big heal to take that hit.

Is a big boss ability about to go off and deal massive amounts of tank damage while he's already pretty low? You should probably top of your tank ASAP with Flash Heal first.
    Do you make sure to keep Grace up as well?

I really don't think there is ever a time to use this spell. I'm not the type of Disc that just mindlessly spams atonement, but in this case I honestly feel that smite spam is always superior than a greater heal. Any time you spend preparing to "time greater heal perfectly" you can be spamming smite, keeping aegis up, reducing the CD of penance, doing damage, building archangel, saving mana.

Also, I feel any big hit that you are talking about that will do such massive damage is usually avoidable by proper CD usage by the tank. Just my two cents though.

For starters when 2 healing H malkorok it would be much safer to non-stop greater heal the solo tank along with penance as opposed to smiting, we use a DK though so it's probably a lot more healing intensive, not that he ever dies during it or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    For starters when 2 healing H malkorok it would be much safer to non-stop greater heal the solo tank along with penance as opposed to smiting, we use a DK though so it's probably a lot more healing intensive, not that he ever dies during it or anything.
    This is actually a really good point. I go holy on this fight though as disc isn't too strong so I don't have much experience as disc on H Malk.

I use it probably less than once a fight, on those occasions when I am healing (not particularly often, plus we have a pally). I do toss it with inner focus to put a nice absorb on tanks, but otherwise it doesn't get used. I don't think I'll be asked to heal H Malkorok unless someone doesn't show up.

2 healed it with double disc couple of weeks ago. Neither of us casted a single greather heal. We had 3 flash of lights and 2 penances on the tanks (DK+druid) in total for the fight. The tanks hadn't tanked it on heroic before (alt/social raid). You don't really have time to worry about the tanks. I think I was running Divine Insight, that's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Not on my bars.
    To be honest, I don't have even "Heal" on bars....

I don't think anyone actually has that shit default heal on their bars. Cataclysm healer changes were garbage, to the surprise of no one coming from a garbage expansion.

I don't think anyone actually has that shit default heal on their bars. Cataclysm healer changes were garbage, to the surprise of no one coming from a garbage expansion.
    I used heal pretty heavily as holy in t11, when mana mattered a lot. I think it's still useful as a cheap filler for yellow chakra holy.

Smite fills the role of heal for disc.

Deleted
    I used some Heal and a lot of GH in Cataclysm too. Didn't seriously switch to Atonement until we hit Ragnaros and to some extent on Majordomo.

Removed Heal in Dragonsoul and havn't used it since...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    I used some Heal and a lot of GH in Cataclysm too. Didn't seriously switch to Atonement until we hit Ragnaros and to some extent on Majordomo.

Removed Heal in Dragonsoul and havn't used it since...
    Same here tbh..

Very situational like Heal, but I still have it on my bars and use it in extremely rare situations.