Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    BS + Eng if you're looking to min-max right now. Honorable mention to Alchemy since it grants you one of the best trinkets for CMs, but that's a niche. Otherwise, Alchemy is equal to other professions offering main stat bonuses.

Mining+Skinning hands down.

Not positive if anyone has actually given a list according to the actual DPS increases...
    1. Engineering
    2. Tailoring
    3. Blacksmithing
    4. Every profession with a +320 int buff

Deleted
    What did I just read?
    There are people saying other professions are better than engi? woooot :P
    The nitroboost saved my life so many times. And the glider is also a lifesaver (e.g. towers on Galakras).

Quote Originally Posted by Rothi92 View Post
    Not positive if anyone has actually given a list according to the actual DPS increases...
    1. Engineering
    2. Tailoring
    3. Blacksmithing
    4. Every profession with a +320 int buff
    Lightweave is a 2000 int buff for 15 seconds with a 1min ICD (+500 int avg) minus the 180 cloak enchant you could get means it's exactly 320.

Because you can't fire it when you want (and therefor line it up perfectly with your ascendance) it's only worth 320 int. Engineering is of particularly high value because you can line it up with your ascendance every 3 minutes and actually force its value higher than a random proc would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothi92 View Post
    2. Tailoring
    ?

I don't think Tailoring is second, in fact I'd probably rate the standard +320 int professions higher than Tailoring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I've gone Tailoring/Enchanting, not the best (likely BS/Engineer is the best) but they both give decent buffs plus I'm making a killing selling sha crystals and crafting 553s. =)

Quote Originally Posted by hatchetman240 View Post
    Lightweave is a 2000 int buff for 15 seconds with a 1min ICD (+500 int avg) minus the 180 cloak enchant you could get means it's exactly 320.

Because you can't fire it when you want (and therefor line it up perfectly with your ascendance) it's only worth 320 int. Engineering is of particularly high value because you can line it up with your ascendance every 3 minutes and actually force its value higher than a random proc would be.
    Thanks for info. I knew Tailoring was RNG, and I knew it was ~500 int value, I just forgot to factor in the 180 int cloak enchant you'd normally have. Good to know!