Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Don't bother... the glory days of WoW have faded... if you like to put in effort, grind and want to see your accomplishments, the old WoW would be amazing for you. You can download private servers of the older versions of WoW... I'd say anything from vanilla, TBC and Wotlk would be good. The current WoW doesn't resemble what made WoW so amazing... before cataclysm, if I met someone who wanted to know something about WoW, i'd tell them everything including how amazing the game is. But cataclysm just flipped things upside down, and it's not like it happened all at once, the game was taken slow turns near the end of TBC and all throughout Wotlk, they added piece of piece until catalcysm hit and they released the new model of WoW. The current WoW isn't based around putting hours of your time into something to get a reward... the game is about how much stuff you can do in an hour. There are way too many features that don't even relate to the game, but that's because blizzard is focusing on short term features that can help keep casual numbers stable.

IMO you should avoid this game and if you want, you can watch it become f2p or shut down when the sub numbers drop within the next couple years. They had an amazing game... it's why you always heard about it when it was fresh... that whole "i can't sleep, i can't work, I just want to play WoW" happened all the time prior to the changes they made for cataclysm. Cross-realm features were unique at first, but just like the other cheap features they add, they were only added to please the casuals. Any hardcore player already had guildies or a good community on their realm to go to if they wanted to do a heroic or some group event... but now that cross realm features are all over the place, realm communities have gone to shit since no one cares about each other... there's no risk of being blacklisted when you ninja loot or act like a jackass in a raid/heroic. You might get a timeout if you get kicked, but then you're right back in another one and no one knows who you are. I found it funny when they said WoD would be the new expansion... a large portion of the player base was annoyed that there was no new features or or new races/classes... that's because everysingle one of those idiots don't know why WoW is going downhill but still defend it as if it's still competing for MMO of the year. class diversity is at an all time low considering there's not a single ability in the game that's not atleast 75% the same as another. The current playerbase isn't full of mmorpg fans, it's full of people who are addicted to WoW lore, people who built friends in the game but won't quit because they don't know what to do socially if they do quit, people who got into the game when wotlk hit so they're just used to what WoW became... If you think you fall into the hardcore/challenging type of players, I wouldn't buy WoW, but if you think you're more of a casual who enjoys cheap features and easy ass raids, then the game might be for you, but you mentioned putting in hard work/grinding and being rewarded... that aspect of the game is long gone, atleast in PvP and PvE... guess you could find it in a stupid feature, but then you'd be playing world of features rather than the actual game which is PvE and PvP.
    That is what I got out of this post.
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2014-01-03 at 08:51 PM.

Deleted
    Don't bother... the glory days of WoW have faded... if you like to put in effort, grind and want to see your accomplishments, the old WoW would be amazing for you. You can download private servers of the older versions of WoW... I'd say anything from vanilla, TBC and Wotlk would be good. The current WoW doesn't resemble what made WoW so amazing... before cataclysm, if I met someone who wanted to know something about WoW, i'd tell them everything including how amazing the game is. But cataclysm just flipped things upside down, and it's not like it happened all at once, the game was taken slow turns near the end of TBC and all throughout Wotlk, they added piece of piece until catalcysm hit and they released the new model of WoW. The current WoW isn't based around putting hours of your time into something to get a reward... the game is about how much stuff you can do in an hour. There are way too many features that don't even relate to the game, but that's because blizzard is focusing on short term features that can help keep casual numbers stable.

IMO you should avoid this game and if you want, you can watch it become f2p or shut down when the sub numbers drop within the next couple years. They had an amazing game... it's why you always heard about it when it was fresh... that whole "i can't sleep, i can't work, I just want to play WoW" happened all the time prior to the changes they made for cataclysm. Cross-realm features were unique at first, but just like the other cheap features they add, they were only added to please the casuals. Any hardcore player already had guildies or a good community on their realm to go to if they wanted to do a heroic or some group event... but now that cross realm features are all over the place, realm communities have gone to shit since no one cares about each other... there's no risk of being blacklisted when you ninja loot or act like a jackass in a raid/heroic. You might get a timeout if you get kicked, but then you're right back in another one and no one knows who you are. I found it funny when they said WoD would be the new expansion... a large portion of the player base was annoyed that there was no new features or or new races/classes... that's because everysingle one of those idiots don't know why WoW is going downhill but still defend it as if it's still competing for MMO of the year. class diversity is at an all time low considering there's not a single ability in the game that's not atleast 75% the same as another. The current playerbase isn't full of mmorpg fans, it's full of people who are addicted to WoW lore, people who built friends in the game but won't quit because they don't know what to do socially if they do quit, people who got into the game when wotlk hit so they're just used to what WoW became... If you think you fall into the hardcore/challenging type of players, I wouldn't buy WoW, but if you think you're more of a casual who enjoys cheap features and easy ass raids, then the game might be for you, but you mentioned putting in hard work/grinding and being rewarded... that aspect of the game is long gone, atleast in PvP and PvE... guess you could find it in a stupid feature, but then you'd be playing world of features rather than the actual game which is PvE and PvP.
    Seems like you are the one with the addiction problems brother.
    If WoW has moved on from it's glory days, then for your own sake, just quit the game, and if you have already done so, just leave these forums.
    What suprises me is that this isn't even the slightest bit embarassing/painfull for you.

Sure, you have the right to share your opinion with others and to properly "inform" this potential player, but this is just sad.
    Really, they should ban these people who are only here to bash the game for the sake of bashing.

First off, screw off you assumption loser. I have my own opinion which has valid reasons. I'm sorry my post reminded you of how god awful WoW has become that you had to accuse me of making a fake account. Idk who started it, but if they wanted to get into this game, i'd say the same thing over and over and over. WoW was amazing because PvP and PvE were always solid... that wasn't the case when cataclysm hit... their class balancing was horrible... every damn patch there was constant changes to almost every ability. You might think the game is still amazing... but not only do I have facts to back up my opinion, but when's the last time you saw WoW winning awards? It used to win awards in TBC/Wotlk... back when PvE and PvP were consistent and not unbalanced... so why is it they lose sub numbers and stop winning awards as soon as PvP and PvE aren't both amazing? I'll let you use your noodle to figure out the last 1% of that equation.
    Opinion...you have no facts....you have opinions based of perceived truths, not actual numbers as blizzard has proven and said numerous times. Just to reiterate.....you have OPINIONS you want to POSE as facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    This is what I got out of this post.
    You're my new hero.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    Seems like you are the one with the addiction problems brother.
    If WoW has moved on from it's glory days, then for your own sake, just quit the game, and if you have already done so, just leave these forums.
    What suprises me is that this isn't even the slightest bit embarassing/painfull for you.

Sure, you have the right to share your opinion with others and to properly "inform" this potential player, but this is just sad.
    Really, they should ban these people who are only here to bash the game for the sake of bashing.
    MMO-champion, not WoW-champion... this isn't a WoW only website bud, and I don't play WoW anymore I quit. Maybe you should realize that this isn't a question regarding something in game... it's someone asking whether or not they should play the game. I gave an opinion, yes it's slightly biased, but it sure as hell beats all the highly biased people in here saying give it a shot. The dude fucking said he wanted to see his efforts pay off by putting in time in game... you can't see that unless you do the stupid features... when's the last time you had to do get attuned for a raid? When's the last time you had to grind out levels instead of slapping on BoA gear and pretty much one shotting everything to 90? YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORK FOR SHIT IN WOW ANYMORE. God, please go play vanilla WoW, some private server and tell me how many mobs you can take on without dying... i'd be surprised if you didn't go oom just by taking on one mob. If you think the game still resembles that challenging aspect, then you're dead wrong.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    I was wondering when the owner of the OP's account would log onto his main one......seems to me he set this up just so he could make a wow is dying thread lol....was waiting for this since i first read the post lol

Was a pretty obvious setup
    Haha yeah, I always laugh at this guy's sig: "Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman."

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinion...you have no facts....you have opinions based of perceived truths, not actual numbers as blizzard has proven and said numerous times. Just to reiterate.....you have OPINIONS you want to POSE as facts.
    So rewards aren't facts? The game just happened to get rewards because it was there??? Last time i checked, rewards depict the quality of the game. Everyone loved TBC/Wotlk, hence sub numbers go up and they still win awards... the quality of the game goes down, they stop winning awards and their sub numbers drop... you might think you're witty by saying I don't have facts, but I do... what do you have to support that WoW is still climbing that mountain to the top??? Player models that have been promised since the end of vanilla? New features that don't relate to PvP or PvE? Get real and realize that you're completely delusional. WoW might be good to you, but unlike you, I don't need to say "IMO" when I say WoW is bad, because it truly is, deal w/ it.

10+ Year Old Account

It is in my educated guess that you're suffering from a severe case of nostalgia. I recommend you take a good long hard look at WoW Vanilla with some people who don't see eye to eye with you, and make a list of the pros vs cons over the years.

Analyzing Blizzard's history, while it isn't perfect, not even near, I'd still say that around now they're finally beginning to refine the product. But yes, Cataclysm was an unfortunate misuse of resources that had a much larger negative impact than anyone could've imagined. I couldn't play that expansion, there was too little. But regardless, what it brought was necessary... it would've been nice had they hired an additional team and had more people working on it though. I imagine they had the money to acquire the resources necessary for that overhaul, but someone, somewhere, decided it wasn't necessary. Or maybe Blizzard's more broke than we imagine they are. They still did a pretty damn good job over the years, all things considered. They did their best, their talent seems to be a bit all over the place now more then it used to be, perhaps with WoD we'll get a new view of what Blizzard is bringing to the table.

OT: Newer players seem to enjoy it more than old time players. But there is more now for everyone than ever before... but less EPIC showoff capability that made WoW, yes, addicting. The game has surely changed, but I find it to be more welcoming, and more relaxing than ever. Less stress from a video game is alright by me. Have some fun with the game, build a unique character. Shape how he looks, experience the world before this time. Collect, fight, conquer. Not everything is as epic as it once was perhaps, but it's still pretty damn neat. I have high hopes with WoD.

IMO: Try the game out, starter. Having fun? buy original. Make it to 85? Buy Pandaria, try to get as much as you can from MoP before it's gone, then on to Warlord's of Draenor!

WoD = Warlords of Draenor
    MoP = Mists of Pandaria

MMO-champion, not WoW-champion... this isn't a WoW only website bud, and I don't play WoW anymore I quit. Maybe you should realize that this isn't a question regarding something in game... it's someone asking whether or not they should play the game. I gave an opinion, yes it's slightly biased, but it sure as hell beats all the highly biased people in here saying give it a shot. The dude fucking said he wanted to see his efforts pay off by putting in time in game... you can't see that unless you do the stupid features... when's the last time you had to do get attuned for a raid? When's the last time you had to grind out levels instead of slapping on BoA gear and pretty much one shotting everything to 90? YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORK FOR SHIT IN WOW ANYMORE. God, please go play vanilla WoW, some private server and tell me how many mobs you can take on without dying... i'd be surprised if you didn't go oom just by taking on one mob. If you think the game still resembles that challenging aspect, then you're dead wrong.
    Your level 85 shammy clearly shows that your opinion from 85-90 (Mists of Pandaria) CURRENT WOW is null and void as you know nothing about it. You do not play wow anymore as you said so thus your opinion on it means less than those that actually have played it (current WoW) and do play it currently. So I would think you would leave it to the gamers of WoW to reply on if it is worth it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

So rewards aren't facts? The game just happened to get rewards because it was there??? Last time i checked, rewards depict the quality of the game. Everyone loved TBC/Wotlk, hence sub numbers go up and they still win awards... the quality of the game goes down, they stop winning awards and their sub numbers drop... you might think you're witty by saying I don't have facts, but I do... what do you have to support that WoW is still climbing that mountain to the top??? Player models that have been promised since the end of vanilla? New features that don't relate to PvP or PvE? Get real and realize that you're completely delusional. WoW might be good to you, but unlike you, I don't need to say "IMO" when I say WoW is bad, because it truly is, deal w/ it.
    didn't SWTOR win 100 awards.....how did that do for them?

- - - Updated - - -

WoW is truly fun. That is how it is. Deal with it

Deleted
    If you did indeed leave this "misformed" game, why bother trashin' the WoW thread? aren't u above this?
    If he wants his efforts to pay off, he can choose to do so:
    You don't have to lvl in heirlooms.
    You can choose to skip LFR, reach the HC modes the harder way.

And if playing Vanilla WoW is the point, you could've told him that instead.
    And about WoW not winning awards anymore... that's probably the dumbest argument as to why the game is worse than before.
    WoW is 9 years old, ofcourse it won't keep winning award after award for running a decade.
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2014-01-03 at 09:03 PM.

If you did indeed leave this "misformed" game, why bother trashin' the WoW thread? aren't u above this?

But once again....lol.....he had a point to prove which is why he set the thread up this way lol

MMO-champion, not WoW-champion... this isn't a WoW only website bud
    But this is a WoW forum, specifically. Not an MMO forum.

but it sure as hell beats all the highly biased people in here saying give it a shot.
    'Highly biased' would be people saying 'Absolutely buy this game! Do not worry about the starter edition, just buy it! It's so amazing! It is so worth it! OWNING THIS GAME WILL GET YOU EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED IN LIFE!'

But nobody said that. They said 'Try the free option first'. Which is sensible. Not biased.

People are trying to be positive and helpful. You are neither.

Try decaf.

You can play wow for free up to level 20. Play it & see if you like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your level 85 shammy clearly shows that your opinion from 85-90 (Mists of Pandaria) CURRENT WOW is null and void as you know nothing about it. You do not play wow anymore as you said so thus your opinion on it means less than those that actually have played it (current WoW) and do play it currently. So I would think you would leave it to the gamers of WoW to reply on if it is worth it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

didn't SWTOR win 100 awards.....how did that do for them?

- - - Updated - - -

WoW is truly fun. That is how it is. Deal with it
    You're going to use SWTOR as an example??? pft all those awards were given out when the game wasn't even released yet... these were people testing it prior to its release and giving it a reward... from their perspective, the game was amazing... but you left out one awfully huge detail... the servers were constantly crashing at release and anyone w/ a brain knows that if you have a bad start, you're pretty much doomed. With a mixture of people not being able to log on, servers crashing, lots of lag etc... what the hell do you think would happen?

So who cares if you find WoW fun... just watch that sub number drop, it only proves my hypothesis correct. You also forgot "IMO", don't forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Protagenic View Post
    But seriously $25 a month!!
    That's a stopper.
    Good thing that isn't the actual price for a subscription that is quite clearly made obvious all over the official Wow site.

You're going to use SWTOR as an example??? pft all those awards were given out when the game wasn't even released yet...
    So awards are only 'facts' when WoW gets them.

Ok then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Good thing that isn't the actual price for a subscription that is quite clearly made obvious all over the official Wow site.
    The price on the site is in American Dollars. The OP is not American, therefore the price they actually pay is different, because of the exchange rate.

You're going to use SWTOR as an example??? pft all those awards were given out when the game wasn't even released yet... these were people testing it prior to its release and giving it a reward... from their perspective, the game was amazing... but you left out one awfully huge detail... the servers were constantly crashing at release and anyone w/ a brain knows that if you have a bad start, you're pretty much doomed. With a mixture of people not being able to log on, servers crashing, lots of lag etc... what the hell do you think would happen?

So who cares if you find WoW fun... just watch that sub number drop, it only proves my hypothesis correct. You also forgot "IMO", don't forget that.
    It pretty much proved that awards are meaningless than didn't it LOL. ty have a nice day, might wanna try a little harder next time....IMO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Protagenic View Post
    I live in New Zealand.
    And it's $25 here..
    Nice try. More like $18 considering the actual current up to date currency conversion rate. Don't insult our intelligence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If it's too much then it just is too much. I'm sorry. Still, try it out and see if you like it. If you do you can try to find the cash to play it.
    The mods here can't possibly be this naive. The OP is flat out straight up lying through his teeth and it is clear as day what he is doing here.

10+ Year Old Account

And about WoW not winning awards anymore... that's probably the dumbest argument as to why the game is worse than before.
    WoW is 9 years old, ofcourse it won't keep winning award after award for running a decade.
    You don't understand... the game as a whole is migrating to players who just do LFR... If it wasn't, why the hell did blizzard introduce a new raid difficulty that's easier than normal???? If people can't even beat the game on normal, what's the point of even having multiple difficulties? Normal should be the lowest difficulty in any game that claims to be challenging. WoW is pushing away from the challenging mode and is focusing on casuals. You think pet battles was brought into the game to benefit raiders or hardcore PvPrs? Hell no, it's just another stupid features thrown in the game to keep players busy if they get bored of some aspect of the game. I'm not telling him to play vanilla... I'm telling him to try out a private server which might not be as stable, but it'll provide the grind that he's looking for. How can you feel accomplished everytime you level when you're leveling more than 4 times within an hour? Leveling used to be so fucking awesome... every level you'd type in guild and say "ding" and everyone would say gratz because it took hours of grinding just to get partial way through a level. Elite quests made questing take longer which forced immersion... instead of killing the dude and going onto the next quest, you might go off to a new zone or adventure within the same zone trying to find a new quest, which lead to new unique places for you to experience. Questing is too easy/linear... there's not a single quest from 1-60 that isn't soloable.

WoW was amazing because PvP and PvE were always solid... that wasn't the case when cataclysm hit... their class balancing was horrible... every damn patch there was constant changes to almost every ability. You might think the game is still amazing... but not only do I have facts to back up my opinion, but when's the last time you saw WoW winning awards? It used to win awards in TBC/Wotlk... back when PvE and PvP were consistent and not unbalanced...
    That's funny, because Cataclysm had my favorite raid tier ever (tier 13: BoT and BWD) and another very solid raid tier (tier 14).

Doubly funny, TBC had some of the worst PVE balance problems ever. Tier 5, at release, was absolutely broken. A good chunk of tier 5 bosses weren't killed in their launch versions (Al'ar, Morogrim, Solarian, Kael'Thas, and possibly a few others in SSC). Even Karazhan, probably the best raid in WoW history, had several balancing problems. Nightbane, alone, went through somewhere around 3-5 revisions post-launch (let's bring as many paladins as we can so we can BoP his skeleton spawn ability!) and Shade of Aran was the fight where you swapped someone out for a second warlock. Oh, and who can forget the Sunwell debacle? Let's bring as many shamans as we can so we can rotate them into the strongest DPS party for heroisms... and let's not bring any mages.

Yeah, TBC sure was a shining example of PvE balance and consistency.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu