Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If someone can be a dick to others and get away with it, I think it's time to move on and come back to the Isle when such brilliant display on human intelligence is gone.

Deleted
    It's fine since you yourself can also get up there.
    If it was a texture glitch that made him completely inacessible for everyone then it wouldn't be okay.

Honestly not seeing the issue here - getting up to that spot is easy, (by glider or albatross) and it's clearly intended that the dragon in question be killed that way. Otherwise it wouldn't spawn there. Don't forget there's another rare (red water elemental) that you also need to fly up to in order to kill. Seems like common sense to do this, or it might be dead before you have chance to tag it. Got my mount already anyway. Good luck
    Last edited by Calaba; 2014-01-04 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    If you are in the area to act like a jerk and take him for yourself, you're in the area to kill him with everyone else.
    If someone in HC gear and island buffs tags him and blows cd's hes gone in 5~ seconds. There is no "fair play" involved here.

ANY chance to get the tag is fair at that point, his hp is too small to act as if the person on the tower is stopping many people getting a tag - most won't react in time before he's dead regardless.

In other words, the people saying you are intentionally being a dick by being on a tower securing your tag here are pathetic and entitled. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them are also the types that get annoyed if you don't wait before killing a rare that isn't camped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

A GM I spoke to after reporting someone for doing this did say it wasn't intended and so they could do something about it, since it was essentially exploiting a "feature"/the terrain in a way that wasn't intended to tag the mob. But as with everything, that was just one GM who said that, whether or not any other GM would say the same is probably open to their interpretation of the rules/exploiting terrain, etc.

Doesn't bother me cause I got the mount last week.

Deleted
    Pathetic and disturbed people who do things like this. Serial killers and people like that enjoy tourmenting others
    and get a kick when their griefing gets acknowledged. I just sigh and feel sorry for them when i see stuff like that

You dont need any exploits or whatnot to get up there, everybody can. Nobody said I have to share mobs with you. Is it a dick move? Sorta. But it isnt griefing and it certainly isnt against the rules.

Will GM punish? NO
    Will GM punish if many players reports instead of one? NO
    How can you fix this? BE UP THERE

It is 100% legit spot because of the birds.

You can always insult in /1 and get your own account banned or get up there instead since you know what might happen.

BE PREPARED

Deleted
    I actually thought blizzard likes the way some ppl can think of of a way to get at bosses/defeat them in some way they hadn't thought of , I must give it a try :P

10+ Year Old Account
    i alrdy got the mount, why haven't you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excessiv View Post
    Hi all, on a few high populated servers, a new fad is taking over.

This particular fad is by flying high just outside the timeless isle, flying inward and getting dismounted, then using the glider purchased using timeless coins to land on the building that is Huolon's exact spawn point. Now this spawn point is high in the air, and out of range for anyone on the bridge.
    First off, you can get to the top of that "building" by seagull. You don't need to go trough that whole thing you described.

Secondly, my thoughts:

Before i had the mount: I want to skin them alive. /SARCASM

Now that i have the mount: Oh, that's very clever of them.
    Last edited by Srg56; 2014-01-04 at 03:54 PM. Reason: needed /s tag because stupid ppl

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    what are they doing? not sharing? scuse me if i dont really think calling their parents isnt the best solution

Deleted
    My thoughts:
    It's World of Warcraft and modern PC gamers.

What do you really expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    If someone in HC gear and island buffs tags him and blows cd's hes gone in 5~ seconds. There is no "fair play" involved here.

ANY chance to get the tag is fair at that point, his hp is too small to act as if the person on the tower is stopping many people getting a tag - most won't react in time before he's dead regardless.

In other words, the people saying you are intentionally being a dick by being on a tower securing your tag here are pathetic and entitled. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them are also the types that get annoyed if you don't wait before killing a rare that isn't camped.

as BM I can kill him in a full duration stampede solo. I did it the other night for lols got him to 10% then dismissed my pet and fd'ed so he reset. People get so mad over not getting a tag. I can not tell you the times Ive looked in the chat and saw huelon is up and by the time I get there he has already fallen over. You get some you dont....it is what it is. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post

Before i had the mount: I want to skin them alive.
    killing someone over a videogame......that escalated quickly
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    guys guys.. everyone who kills garnia at the top is exploiting! Noone has a chance to get there in time!!
    Nice try at intentionally focusing on the wrong issue. Or you're not smart enough to see the point of my post...

Deliberately blocking other people in the game from using a feature is dick move. But then who am I fooling, this game is not about playing together and making friends anymore, it's about getting the stuff you want as fast as possible no matter how. If that means fucking over other people's gameplay, so be it. As long as you get what you want, right? Priceless.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

No doubt it's a pointless dick move. If it really becomes such a widespread problem and enough people complain about it, Blizzard will probably hotfix it by making the pillar unreachable or let Huolon spawn closer to the surface.

15+ Year Old Account
    If u need to pull of shit like this to have "fun" playing this game, u should go play in the streets instead.

But blizzard wont fix it, they havnt fixed the guards at the Celestials Court to kill mobs, like the Molten Guardian that some asshats kites to the court and kills ppl there, or guards not attacking players when they are standing by the entrance of the court ganking while wearing that "hat" that gives u a smaller aggro range
    Blizzard dosnt give a shit about ppl griefing
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    No doubt it's a pointless dick move. If it really becomes such a widespread problem and enough people complain about it, Blizzard will probably hotfix it by making the pillar unreachable or let Huolon spawn closer to the surface.
    you can jump off the pool from where garnia spawns, glider, tag him spin around and land just on the corner next to the graveyard that is where you would spawn if you died to orodos. many ways to skin a cat...errr dragon...err whatever. But you get the idea
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Topcraft View Post
    Nice try at intentionally focusing on the wrong issue. Or you're not smart enough to see the point of my post...

Deliberately blocking other people in the game from using a feature is dick move. But then who am I fooling, this game is not about playing together and making friends anymore, it's about getting the stuff you want as fast as possible no matter how. If that means fucking over other people's gameplay, so be it. As long as you get what you want, right? Priceless.
    How am I fucking anyone over? (not that I've ever done it) It spawns on that tower. ANYONE can get on that tower before it spawns, and anyone can ask in general if its about to spawn.

I am just getting my kill done with so I can continue to kill other rares on the island. If we all waited for everyone nothing would ever die on TI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."