Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Favorite Fictional Villains

What're yours and why?

This little tool here would have to be mine.

As for the why, this little snippet of a conversation between him and the narrator sums it up.
    You are going to prove all the haters wrong, exceed your own limitations by miles, and accomplish more than you ever dreamed possible.
    Yours is quite an inspiring story, actually. It's just a shame that all of your accomplishments will be so horrible.

*later*
    Your personality is stuck in some sort of cantankerous prepubescent limbo. You are going to be a stunted, miserable tool forever.
    Last edited by Skytotem; 2014-01-04 at 06:22 PM.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite villains list? Lets see.... going into different interpretations of "favorite"

Favorite villain made to be hated: Dolores Umbridge (especially the performance by Imelda Staunton). The role is just.. perfect. You hate her, instantly, even before you know just how far off the deep end she has gone. She is a character that was made to be hated and reviled, and the actor played it up so perfectly that as soon as you saw her, you knew.. there was something foul beneath those fluffy pink clothes.

Favorite villain for being evil: Semirhage, from Wheel of Time. In my opinion the most twisted and evil of a group of the most twisted and evil characters in fantasy, she is the epitome of cruelty and malice.

Favorite villain that I like: Faora (Antje Traue's performance in Man of Steel). There is something so prominently badass about her, that her presence alone raised my rating of the movie by one point. Even if she doesn't speak that much, and what lines she does have aren't that significant, it was her body language and movements that made me enjoy the performance so much.

Favorite villain for his brilliance: Professor Moriarty. "That is not danger... It is inevitable destruction. You stand in the way not merely of an individual, but of a mighty organisation, the full extent of which you, with all your cleverness, have been unable to realise. You must stand clear, Mr. Holmes, or be trodden underfoot." Just that right there sums it up.

Favorite "villain" for complexity: Richie Dimaso (American Hustle) . I won't go into it since its such a recent film, but.. he's a very interesting character.

Oh! And favorite villain in terms of the sheer magnitude of the threat they present, how critical and dire the danger they pose to the protagonists: The Borg. Relentlessly efficient and merciless, even when they were "under control" because they were cooperating with the voyager, it was like a rabid dog on a leash, content right now to growl and snap at another target, but ready to turn on them if they showed even the slightest weakness.
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2014-01-04 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Solf J. Kimblee, Wrath
    DC - Joker, Vandal Savage
    Berserk - Nosferato Zodd
    Dexter - Ice Truck Killer
    Prison Break - Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell
    Assassin's Creed 2 & Brotherhood - The Borgias
    Last edited by Zoma; 2014-01-05 at 01:39 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doctor Who - Dream Lord
    Watchmen - Adrian
    FMB - The Fuhrer General Bradley
    Marvel - Doc Doom
    DC - Lex Luthor
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lecter, Gus Fring (does Walt count too?), Jon Irenicus, Umbridge, Roose Bolton, Kazuo Kiriyama, Maleficent, Claude Frollo, Johan Liebert, Masaji Kato, and Azula all spring to mind for different reasons. Some I love to hate, others I just love.

Deleted
    There are 3 kinds of villains: the ones who you fear through their intellect, the ones you fear for their instability and the ones you fear for their ruthlessness. And the Joker, from Batman, has all 3 of those traits. In every source material, he is chaos incarnate, so crazy that at times other villains teamed up with the Bats to beat him. He is the embodiment of terror, the clown from the darkest recesses of hell. He is a mastermind of planning, changes his plans faster than bit can change it's value and has no qualms about involving innocents, criminals, elderly and children alike in his plans of terror.

Deleted
    The Joker, Sephiroth and Vaas from Far Cry 3.

I'm a big fan of villains that give off a certain charm despite their evilness. Since the joker has already been mentioned multiple times, I'll mention Discord.

The charm lowers your guard, before you're struck by just how manipulative and sadistic he can be. Being voiced by Q certainly helps.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2014-01-06 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mr. Smith - The Matrix..
    I just love his personality <3
    I like juice

10+ Year Old Account
    King Joffrey Baratheon. FUCK YOU you little fuck. (Season 4 spoiler)I cannot WAIT for the Purple Wedding in Season 4.
    Cersei Lannister. I hate this woman almost as much as I hate Joffrey
    The Illusive Man.
    Sovereign
    Saren
    Shepard's Clone (Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC), more for the lulz than anything.
    The Joker
    Moriarty (BBC Sherlock.) Andrew Scott is an amazing actor. I just wish S2E3 hadn't ended that way, I'd love to see more from him.
    Andrew Ryan (A man chooses, a slave obeys. OBEY!)
    Gustavo Fring
    Mr. Smith
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Dracula, got to love a a classic.

The Joker and Dr. Hugo Strange. By far. Two amazing villains with incredible personalities that are over-the-top and yet believable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Lecter, Gus Fring (does Walt count too?), Jon Irenicus, Umbridge, Roose Bolton, Kazuo Kiriyama, Maleficent, Claude Frollo, Johan Liebert, Masaji Kato, and Azula all spring to mind for different reasons. Some I love to hate, others I just love.
    Walt may count in some ways but I think it's more likely he's considered an anti-hero.

AC: Brotherhood - Lucrezia Borgia (she's hot, that's why)
    Prison Break - John Abruzzi (a bawz)

also... mind if I say Arthas Menethil?

Revolver Ocelot--"Excellent speech my friend! Gift of the silver tongue. They say it's the mark of a good officer... and of a liar! Americans are too in love with the sound of their own voice to speak the truth!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Venom.

/10char.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Kane lives in death!

Peace through power!

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    What're yours and why?

This little tool here would have to be mine.

As for the why, this little snippet of a conversation between him and the narrator sums it up.
    Caliborn!

I would say Lord English, but Caliborn is essentially him.
    Possibly also Giygas or Giegue from the mother series.
    Also also, Griffith from Berserk. I've never had such twisted feelings before.
    Last edited by LTCrystallite; 2014-01-09 at 11:26 PM.
    Do not underestimate us.

Deleted
    Probably gonna have to go with Kimbley from FMA;B. He did twisted really well.

Rubicante from Final Fantasy IV. He's definitely a villian and isn't a nice guy at all, but he has a sense of decency and honor. He stomped Edge's ass in their first 1v1 but didn't finish him off because he felt that it wasn't a fair fight, so he made some "come back and try again when you get stronger" comment and left. He also heals the party up before you fight him, because he wants to earn his victory, not crush a party that's weakened from fighting through his tower.

Which ultimately led to his downfall, but I respected him as a villian.