Deleted

Unleash Elements + Healing Rain, still useful?

So when pandaria hit, I used to delay casting healing rain in order to synchronize it with unleash elements, is it still what should be done?

Deleted
    Imho, you would of course want to put down a HR which profits from UE.

However, delaying HR for UE to come off cooldown is largerly depending on boss mechanics and your talent choices.

I would not want to delay HR for UE during e.g. Galakras, last phase or Thok. You simply can enhance every second HR with UE, that's it.
    If you choose Conductivity, you can always enhance your HR (obviously not possible if you have to "move" your HR while UE is still on CD).

Using HR on cooldown (which means you would only get to use ULE with every 2nd HR) is higher theoretical HPS, but waiting to line them up is higher HPM. Whether it's worth it or not depends on how much the extra few seconds of uptime you get from dropping it right away would overheal. If the raid is topped, I wait to line them up. If there is actual damage to be healed, I drop it right away.

Deleted
    i hated that spell synergy ever since

If it didn't buff healing rain, you'd never use UE.

Quote Originally Posted by flak View Post
    If it didn't buff healing rain, you'd never use UE.
    not true, sir! you'd still use it on immerseus.

If the raid is topped, I wait to line them up. If there is actual damage to be healed, I drop it right away.
    this is what i do, also. it's a clunky mechanic, and i certainly hope it's gone next xpac.

Deleted
    One thing you can do if there's a ~20 second high damage phase is unleash elements a few seconds before the high damage phase starts, and then take care not to cast any heal that triggers the buff until you drop the healing rain a few seconds later. This way you can have two empowered healing rains back to back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xor7486 View Post
    One thing you can do if there's a ~20 second high damage phase is unleash elements a few seconds before the high damage phase starts, and then take care not to cast any heal that triggers the buff until you drop the healing rain a few seconds later. This way you can have two empowered healing rains back to back.
    Common strategy. It hurts to lose that second gcd though. And it's certainly not true that i wouldn't use it. Probably not on cd but it's still an additional instant cast heal empowering our riptide from time to time. my riptide ticks for 12 k (unbuffed) 16k (30% buffed) 18k (50 % buffed) 24k (fury + ue) and sometimes crits for more than 120 k for the instant heal. UE does 50k + sometimes too