Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Also, keep Mages dps only..

If you want a Battle Mage that is tanking, then we would need a totally new class with Tank, Melee and maybe support spec
    Idc if Mage gets another role, but I would kill, and I mean straight up murder everything I could in Azeroth to break the (garbage) trinity for Support.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally i prefer the idea of a glascannon over a battle mage.

I can't say i personally know much about the warcraft universe, so dunno how this could co-exist with the lore as it stands now, but i used to play RIFT and Skyrim at one point, and i feel the Harbinger soul ( dps spec) was implemented fairly well. For those that aren't familiar with the game it's basically a melee mage that does all damage in melee range, but with increased survivability in the form of attonement like healing with a small percentage of damage done copied as healing/absorbs and increased avoidance (dodge/parry). All that changed was a weapon imbue that transformed your staff or dagger/wand into a 2 Handed Sword (single target) or a Double bladed axe (AoE), with a lightning element as your main source of damage.

Thought maybe Bliz might be able to take a few ideas from the Harbinger RIFT class and maybe Skyrim's conjuration tree (turn weapon into swords/daggers etc) and make it work.

Deleted
    I cast spell \o/

Infracted for Trolling, Please be constructive when posting.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2014-01-09 at 01:12 AM.

As cool as it would be, it doesn't really "fit". Primarily, mages in the warcraft universe / existing lore don't tend to get up into the face of monsters to plunge spectral daggers into them as it were.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    As cool as it would be, it doesn't really "fit". Primarily, mages in the warcraft universe / existing lore don't tend to get up into the face of monsters to plunge spectral daggers into them as it were.
    Exept Battle Mages are in the lore.. Remember Scarlet Battle Mages for example(they were actually even implemented in WoW). They are just Magi who decided to train martial arts. Sure it might not be the standard way for Magi to go, but some do.. We didn't have non-Pandaren Monks till the trainers came to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Exept Battle Mages are in the lore.. Remember Scarlet Battle Mages for example(they were actually even implemented in WoW). They are just Magi who decided to train martial arts. Sure it might not be the standard way for Magi to go, but some do.. We didn't have non-Pandaren Monks till the trainers came to Azeroth.
    There were also a ton of dual wielding Battle Mages in Ulduar. They could have a staff and a sword at the same time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    There were also a ton of dual wielding Battle Mages in Ulduar. They could have a staff and a sword at the same time.
    You can do the same thing. There was an off-hand item a while back that was a staff. Equip that, equip a spell blade, and PRESTO! You have a staff and sword combo goin'.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    You can do the same thing. There was an off-hand item a while back that was a staff. Equip that, equip a spell blade, and PRESTO! You have a staff and sword combo goin'.
    Well yeah, but that doesn't mean I can suddenly come up to someone and beat their butthole off with a flurry of sword and staff gyrations that would make Gandalf say "This foe is beyond any of you. Run!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, but that doesn't mean I can suddenly come up to someone and beat their butthole off with a flurry of sword and staff gyrations that would make Gandalf say "This foe is beyond any of you. Run!"
    In all fairness, I don't think ANYONE could beat someone's butthole with simple gyrations.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    In all fairness, I don't think ANYONE could beat someone's butthole with simple gyrations.
    OFF. it needs to be separated in the whirling dervish of sword and staff.

15+ Year Old Account
    OFF. it needs to be separated in the whirling dervish of sword and staff.
    You can beat off buttholes all you want, just leave me out of this equation.
    BfA Beta Time

Blizzard could very easily create a "battle-mage"-esque spec without creating a new class. I don't know how I feel about an arcane wielding mage that is up in the action fighting. They would basically be a retribution paladin with different colored spells. The thing about mages is that they have traditional defined by the long cast times and huge amounts of effort required to cast their spells. A melee needs to be able to move slightly quickly and can't stand still from huge amounts of time.

The best way to create a heavy armor weilding mage would be to create a fully realized shockadin. The first healer I ever rolled was a paladin since I loved the idea of wearing plate armor and being able to heal the crap load out of a single target(this was during wotlk). A shockadin could very easily be the heavily armored caster who is able to heal themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedel View Post
    -snip-
    I am so confused as to why I see a giant picture of 3 girls in this post...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least Critique has a signature now.

Could just create an arcane infusion mechanic where your spells charge up your weapon. Could provide a neat alternate resource and force you to cast spells like a current arcane mage then simply add some abilities that make use of expending the arcane infusions.

I think armor should remain cloth. But maybe open up some more weapon options.