Some tips for the assembly line on Siegecrafter Blackfuse 10m HC

Hey there,

Me and my guildies had some tries on Siegecrafter HC and we really had some issues getting the object down(mines/laser turret). We only use 2 groups:
    group 1: Hunter + Enhancement shaman(me)
    group 2: Hunter + Affliction warlock

1st wave: group 1
    2nd wave: group 2
    3rd wave: group 1
    etc etc

Sometimes we won't make it getting the 3rd wave down and I'm using my CD's like Fire elemental/ascendance/spirit wolves/herbalism skill. The reason is mostly he's to late because the 2nd wave is kinda late on the kill.

Our raidsetup:
    Tanks: Blood DK, Prot Warrior
    Healers: Disc Priest, Resto shaman
    MDPS: Enhancement shaman
    RDPS: Destro lock, affli lock, boomkin, frost mage and BM hunter

Back up: Frost 2H DK, Boomkin, Holy pala
    My questions are:
    - Should we get a 3rd group?
    - Should we swap people in our raid for the groups?
    - Any tips to get the hunter faster back on the belt?

There's no need for a third group. First off, I would swap the aff lock with the boomkin or mage on the main platform. Second, in regards to getting the hunter back on the belt faster, have the hunter disengage off the conveyor and onto the main platform. It can be dangers, but with good aim, personal CDs, and heals on the hunter, they should be fine.

You could consider taking the frost DK instead of the affli lock on the belt. Melee in general (apart from hunters, of course) does better on the belt due to mobility while DPS'ing. A boomkin needs starsurge procs to be effective, etc.
    Also, a frost DK can Pillar of Frost every belt they do for extra burst.

We are still progressing on this fight, but as a Warlock, I would not do the belt as Affliction. The spec is very strong at the pull but isn't really suited for the belt, if you don't have any procs, your DPS would greatly diminish and end up in not killing the weapon. As destruction you can cap embers and then get 4 chaos bolts with good placement, ending in an easy belt.

Edit : As people said before me, you should probably just swap it and send a melee. Juste place a portal so melees can go on the belt quickly.
    Last edited by ThunderTaco; 2014-01-06 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderTaco View Post
    We are still progressing on this fight, but as a Warlock, I would not do the belt as Affliction. The spec is very strong at the pull but isn't really suited for the belt, if you don't have any procs, your DPS would greatly diminish and end up in not killing the weapon. As destruction you can cap embers and then get 4 chaos bolts with good placement, ending in an easy belt.

Edit : As people said before me, you should probably just swap it and send a melee. Juste place a portal so melees can go on the belt quickly.
    It might be different in better gear, but on my 540 ilvl warlock, I'm having "issues" getting chaos bolts off on flex without cutting it close to the lasers - and they are stationary. The über-long cast time on CB is quite a big drawback on the belt, especially when you have to adjust to the pattern the lasers go in and move around as much as you do. The first two are sort of-allright due to the casting speed boost from incinerate, but the second two are a PITA.

Deleted
    You could let the mage do it instead of lock otherwise let the dk do it. we had double mage for belts and worked fine once they got geared enough
    If you deal with mines you kinda want the boomkin to control them.

plan your potions between groups and call out when you need them.
    Try and plan it so you always have a 3 min cd for every belt.
    First belt you can send tank+dps instead of double dps.
    If you struggle with some specific belts, consider sending double dps + disc priest up. Resto should be able to control the platform without problem.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take another melee. Most of your other classes that can do the belt are awful at it.

Shadow priests, all melee, and hunters are pretty much the best for the belts. Too much mobility for most ranged or too much reliance on long CDs or procs in order to do what you really need on belts, which is consistent DPS.

Before anybody jumps on me for saying shadow priests are good on the belt and 'lol mobility', you're wrong. Levitate solves mobility issues and banking orbs is pretty strong consistent burst. Mind bender is also up for every single one if you need more burst, but you can also run with insanity.

I wouldn't do three groups. For what it's worth we send up the disc priest and the hunter on the first belt. Hunter can 9/10 times solo it with lust and a potion, but we send the priest up for insurance.

Thanks alot guys. We'll try some of the tips u gave.

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    It might be different in better gear, but on my 540 ilvl warlock, I'm having "issues" getting chaos bolts off on flex without cutting it close to the lasers - and they are stationary. The über-long cast time on CB is quite a big drawback on the belt, especially when you have to adjust to the pattern the lasers go in and move around as much as you do. The first two are sort of-allright due to the casting speed boost from incinerate, but the second two are a PITA.
    I've had my face melted by a fire beam a few times now....

I go into the belt with 3 embers and 2 charges of backdraft. The pattern of the fire beams will always be the same fight to fight, learn where its going to be and time your stand n plant. As example, on my first time going up (second belt) I line myself far left while unloading my conflags and can then stand n plan for 3 Chaos bolts before I have to move for second fire wall. From there Incin spam till execute.

Destro is a PITA to cast CB, If you do have to cancel any CB's to save from being pushed into the wall, you are probably not making your DPS check. Its not an idea role, but we have the burst needed.

On a side note, Levitate + Burning rush with destro on belts is ez mode.