How would you replace snapshotting?

I am not a fan of snapshotting as a game mechanic, I figure that should just be said now. That being said I understand that it is a core mechanic of the warlock class, and the loss of it will reduce the class's gameplay. So I figured I'd toss this up here to see if people had any cool ideas about what to give warlocks in exchange for this loss.

My thought comes from an unlikely inspiration, mistweaver monks. They have a unique, and dare I say, cool gameplay mechanic where channeling a spell cause other spells to be better, so I thought why not have that be a new Affliction mechanic.

In my example MG would no longer replace SB, it would be an additional spell that is channeled, does no damage and costs exponentially more mana as you channel it. It would instead increase all damage taken by the warlock by a massive amount and allow other spells that are cast while it is in use to be instant. The amount would be modified by the warlock's haste so as to avoid making haste not as good for them. Drain soul would be the same spell, but the damage increase would be greater and it would possibly also deal damage. Shadow bolt would be the "filler" spell of the spec and would be spammed during high damage phases while channeling, with lifetap to give back the mana lost during these phases.

With this change I think affliction could still have solid gameplay while keeping to the unique flavor of the class, with minimal changes to its existing rotation.

Anyway, that's just the idea I had, let me hear yours!
    Leadfoot352

For starters, longer procs with more frenquency so we can enjoy them and not being overpowered for dots, 10sec trinket procs with 200k intelect(exageration) are just stupid.