10+ Year Old Account

Survival Trinkets

I have been back for about 6 weeks and have all lfr, gear about to get ready to do flex and norm. But what I am wondering is why Assurance of Consequence is better over, lets say, the Blackfuse trinket. This may be a dumb question for some but I am not as up to date on all this as I was 2 years ago. Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Ticking Ebon Detonator comes with base mastery, our lowest stat for either spec, and an agi proc that gets smaller the longer it's out, so harder to react to for high agi shots.

Assurance of Consequence not only takes a pretty good chunk off of Stampede's cooldown, but it takes a lot of time off of rapid fire, which combined with the two set gives like 50%+ uptime on rapid fire.

Assurance also brings Black Arrow cooldown below it's uptime so you get 100% uptime on bosses, and a 5-6 second window to snapshot a higher Black Arrow if you can ( or 5-6 seconds of double uptime on bosses like shamans or protectors). It's agi proc is also just a medium amount of agi with a long duration, no stacks that increase or decrease, so it's solid for an opening burn with Stampede and LnL.
    Last edited by bpolak; 2014-01-07 at 07:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, lots of info. Much thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

For Survival Haromm's Talisman and Assurance of Consequence are far and away the best choices. Haromm's is so powerful and Ticking Ebon Detonator so poor that even as Beast Mastery, where mastery is a decent stat and roughly 40-45% of your single target damage comes from pets and thus does not benefit from Haromm's multistrike proc, the two trinkets are actually still fairly close, though TED will generally win out.

Assurance is BiS for both Surv and BM

Harromm's is #2 for Surv (not a good BM trinket)
    TED is #2 for BM

The cleave trinket is pretty much useless, but might be ok for questing and/or running old content.
    Last edited by Rackfu; 2014-01-07 at 04:51 PM.