Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Currently grinding all the reputation, but is it all for nothing?

I was told that there would be no more reputation grind in WoD, but does this also mean that my current 55 exalted Reputations is going to be removed? Should I stop now before I go insane in the membrane?

Does anyone know what exactly is going to happen to the old reputation and what the future will bring? Because I am getting a bit worried that my last 6 months in wow has been wasted

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    I was told that there would be no more reputation grind in WoD, but does this also mean that my current 55 exalted Reputations is going to be removed? Should I stop now before I go insane in the membrane?

Does anyone know what exactly is going to happen to the old reputation and what the future will bring? Because I am getting a bit worried that my last 6 months in wow has been wasted
    If anything they won't add any (or more likely, just not as many) in WoD, that doesn't mean they're going to remove reputation entirely from the game. Very rarely do they retroactively remove anything, and as far as I know virtually never with a whole "gameplay feature" like reputation factions.

Whoever told you will have probably meant there won't be any more of that type added. Having no more grind-y reputations introduced in future content =/= all reputations are being removed.

Yeah, they aren't removing reputations, so you can continue to grind them for achievement if you wish.

Also, they did not say there would be no reputation grinds in WoD. There won't be any like in MoP tied to daily quests. So I suspect we'll still see some new faction reputations available in some way or another. I wouldn't be surprised if there was one tied to a raid since those are pretty streamlined and gives a nice little reward as you level up, or one tied to progression/scenarios like Isle of Thunder or the Krasarang Offensive where the rep is tied to a story progression.

Hopefully they won't be tied to killing things like Emperor Shaohao.... I'm a little put off by the idea of "no more dailies, more like Timesink Isle!!!"

I'm disappointed by the decision, actually. I'd rather there be just as many dailies with factions in WoD as MoP had, but offering 100% cosmetic rewards (pets, toys, mounts, tabards, and transmog items) so they're totally optional.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2014-01-07 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Yeah, they aren't removing reputations, so you can continue to grind them for achievement if you wish.

Also, they did not say there would be no reputation grinds in WoD. There won't be any like in MoP tied to daily quests. So I suspect we'll still see some new faction reputations available in some way or another. I wouldn't be surprised if there was one tied to a raid since those are pretty streamlined and gives a nice little reward as you level up, or one tied to progression/scenarios like Isle of Thunder or the Krasarang Offensive where the rep is tied to a story progression.

Hopefully they won't be tied to killing things like Emperor Shaohao.... I'm a little put off by the idea of "no more dailies, more like Timesink Isle!!!"

I'm disappointed by the decision, actually. I'd rather there be just as many dailies with factions in WoD as MoP had, but offering 100% cosmetic rewards (pets, toys, mounts, tabards, and transmog items) so they're totally optional.
    I agree with this sentiment, actually. I don't mind the dailies (and god do I hate the timeless isle). I've only got 40 exalted reps, myself, but I kinda like it to an extent, grinding out reps for titles or mounts or whatever gives me something to do during lulls in the expansion cycle, and the benefit of cosmetic rewards is that they're both optional and just as useful 3 expansions later, so it's still meaningful to say, go back and grind Skyguard rep vs. Ogri'la rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like some others I'd like to see a better balance of dailies along with things like Timeless Isle. Directed and undirected content together are fine, especially as the directed content (like dailies) can point you in interesting directions where things can be discovered. In any case, I expect reputation stuff to be achievable in multiple ways: killing stuff a la TI, dailies, garrisons, and other things.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

In the questing panal at Blizzcon, it showed storyline guides which players can do. It also showed a reputation you gained while following these storylines. So yes reputation is still important and current in WOD.

72rep says hello. Ironically i dont even have the insane, only missing ravenholdt, stuck at revered since i got no rogue.

Question whatever you take for granted.