Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which is easier,10H Blackfuse or Klaxxi?

Having a conversation within my guild as to which boss will end up being easier.
    Last edited by archkiller; 2014-01-16 at 02:53 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Klaxxi is a lot easier on 10 man.
    Retired in WoD

Deleted
    Klaxxi /thread.

When we did a 10 man group the other week paragons was definitely easier than Siegecrafter but I'm not sure if that was because we were doing a different strat for Siegecrafter or because he's just harder. Paragons was the exact same fight as 25 man so it wasn't an issue.

Pretty much don't carry much melee and progress, that is a big reason why were done a month or so ago, carried one melee to interrupt and buff the rest of the raid and carry 2 locks, fire mage, ele and a hunter. Depending on your dps and if you know some of the tricks, you can two heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    We used our 25 strat to kill siegecrafter on 10 man, wasn't so hard if you have the cc on mines. We couldn't kill klaxxi with our 25 man strat so we needed another strat for 10 man which simplified the fight a lot.

After killing Siegecrafter after about 400 wipes, Klaxxi seemed like a joke - we killed it on the second raid night after less than 50 wipes. I hear it's the other way round for 25 man.

However, half of the Siegecrafter wipes was for finding the right strategy, and a lot wipes were just for learning the belts. After our first kill, we managed to kill him again very quickly, so once you figure out how to do him, he is not really that difficult. But Klaxxi certainly feels a lot easier.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Klaxxi is easier than Siegecrafter. Still took right around 200 wipes to kill it, but that was 2 months ago with very little information about the boss. With the information and iLvL that people have today some of the checks are pretty much non-existent.

Klaxxi is harder but the dps check is bigger IMO.

Deleted
    Klaxxi is easier on 10 man than siegecrafter on 10 man, even multiple months ago. The dps checks are a joke (we 3 healed it cos we had only 10 people online and none of the healers could dps) and sort of "accidently" killed it after a couple of pulls.

Deleted
    for 10m - klaxxi

Deleted
    Yeah, I do not get how people can say klaxxi dps check is hard. We used 3 healers at 556 item level and never hit enrage even once.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Siegecrafter took us ~250 pulls I think. As others have said though - a lot of that was figuring out a strategy that worked with our particular skill set, along with learning the belts. We one shot it the week after we killed it.

I'm not really sure how long Paragons took - but if I had to guess I'd say probably ~70 pulls. It is significantly easier than Blackfuse on 10-man and you'll probably feel like you're making consistent progress as you pull it.

Klaxxi is harder but the dps check is bigger IMO.
    Have one of your tanks get the scorpion buff and there is no DPS check to speak of.
    Jellogtwo - Druid - Royal Militia [A10] - Main - 14/14H
    Jellog - Monk - Royal Militia [A10] - Alt - 14/14H

<Royal Militia> - 14/14H x2, US 27th (22nd for 10s only), is now recruiting all classes for WoD!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yeah, I do not get how people can say klaxxi dps check is hard. We used 3 healers at 556 item level and never hit enrage even once.
    Klaxxi is way easier than Siegecrafter. Siegecrafter is demanding in terms of awareness from every single one of your raiders. One person makes a mistake and it's most likely a wipe. You can't tell people where to go or how to not fail on the assembly line, they have to learn that themselves.

Klaxxi is the more typical boss. Your RL can call out what boss to attack, who stands where and who cc's what. There is a dps check on Klaxxi and honestly Firefly, your dps must be extremely good, if you managed to 3 heal it on 10 man with 556 ilvl. I don't remember our ilvl when we killed it but we never even thought about 3 healing it. It's always been a 2 heal fight for us.

I see a bear in your banner so I'm not sure if you play one or not... but bear tanks in Scorpion vaporize any attempt at a DPS check in that fight.

Anyway, Siege is definitely harder in 10. If you can kill him Klaxxi will inevitably follow shortly. The reverse is true in 25. Siegecrafter is far less random with the popular 25 strats. Paragons requires a lot more random personal responsibility and the fight is very very long so there are many failure points. I would like to say it's more of a DPS check in 25 but it's really not if you have a tank in a scorpion (or even if everyone alive, but there are a lot of gibs). On our last kill our bear did nearly 900k DPS. Pretty much solos the final two bosses and any kunchongs with 30 million mangle crits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danishpsycho View Post
    if you managed to 3 heal it on 10 man with 556 ilvl. I don't remember our ilvl when we killed it but we never even thought about 3 healing it. It's always been a 2 heal fight for us.
    We were 2 healing it for a majority of progression, we got to the last paragon but wiped (due to having like 4 people alive and no healers when actually getting there). After that we just had people dying on shit like not moving properly from amber or charges. So we decided the add a third healer since we realised we did not need the dps. That allowed people to fail without dying. It just made killing the boss more reliable as you would wipe less on the early paragons on people playing bad. I think we beat the enrage by about 6 seconds, so was close, but you can survive the enrage quite long since we killed Iyyokuk last. It probably would not have been possible though without the scorpion buff, the scorpion is just so OP for 10 man. In hindsight I think I mixed up the item levels though, sadly cant double check since it is not saved on wowprogress anymore, but think i556 was the ilvl we had for siege, so was probably up on like 560~ for Paragons.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2014-01-09 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePlanckEnergy View Post
    I see a bear in your banner so I'm not sure if you play one or not... but bear tanks in Scorpion vaporize any attempt at a DPS check in that fight.

Anyway, Siege is definitely harder in 10. If you can kill him Klaxxi will inevitably follow shortly. The reverse is true in 25. Siegecrafter is far less random with the popular 25 strats. Paragons requires a lot more random personal responsibility and the fight is very very long so there are many failure points. I would like to say it's more of a DPS check in 25 but it's really not if you have a tank in a scorpion (or even if everyone alive, but there are a lot of gibs). On our last kill our bear did nearly 900k DPS. Pretty much solos the final two bosses and any kunchongs with 30 million mangle crits.
    Why just a druid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Why just a druid?
    Guardian druid takes buff, pops Nature's Vigil (which lasts as long as the scorpion transformation), then goes scorpion. 25% of his DPS is now redirected to nearby allies as healing for the duration. The scorpion bursts for approximately 2 mil (probably more with lolcritoneverything bears), and so you now have a tank doing 2+ mil DPS and 500k+ HPS for the next 30 seconds.

So, yeah. Druids. Other tanks can do it too, but the outcome is slightly (if only slightly) less pants-on-head retarded. Pretty sure tanks taking the scorpion buff was very much an oversight by Blizzard - it effectively makes Paragons on par with Malkorok in terms of difficulty, IMO, at least on 10-man.

10+ Year Old Account
    After doing 25man for the first time today I have to say that for 25man Blackfuse is easier than Klaxxi but in 10man it's the other way around.

Is it possible to do paragons hc before siegecrafter though? Been wondering about that since we got thok hc down :b