Thread: PvP Bosses

Deleted

PvP Bosses

Hello

I didn't know if I should post it under "PvP" or "Raiding", since the topic it has something of both elements.
    What I'd like to discuss, is the fact about fx faction leaders not being very interesting/populare to attack.
    I've always liked doing city raiding, kill the faction leader, and then storm the players. however, that can be a little difficult single handed.

That's why I'd like to discuss suggestion to make it more populare, to assemble people, to storm the opposing enemy city.
    Being on a PvP server myself, I find it to be an extreme rare occasion, that someone makes a raid to fx Stormwind, Darnassus, and so on.
    I see however, that trade chat is being spammed with either LFM to raid or arena. That's basically it. Why? Because it's rewarding of course.
    Yeah, sure, you get an achievement for killing a faction leader - and ultimately a mount for killing all of them. But then they have served
    their purpose, there really is nothing rewarding from killing them again, once you've already done it that one time. It's not very encouraging, like raiding
    where you'll might make progress by killing this [random PvE] boss. So by this point, you should already be getting my somewhat drift; it should be more rewarding.
    How rewarding? we could take the concept of PvE raiding, since it's already so populare, so you'll recieve a item for killing the PvP boss. This item could be a PvP specific one. The loot table could possibly be updated, as there is being implemented better and better PvP rewards in game.
    It isn't just the faction leader, that could posses a loot table, also PvP world bosses like Rexxar, Shandris, Lor'themar Theron(on Isle of Thunder, I know he is a faction leader ..), and possible more could have the same idea. Through this, players would have more interest to kill the opposing faction leader, since there is a possible reward in doing so.

I hope the thread has been somewhat constructive, and that you get the concept idea. If you have a idea, post it by any means. would this interest you? what is your opinion? comment what you think of it so far. thanks.

ps.: sorry if the thread already have been made..

well the problem is for some servers it will be to easy to get the items/reward. because of the faction imbalnced. stormwind is emty on stormscale thus horde will have a easy time. but if your horde on sylvanas or outland you will be out of luck since its 75% alliance 25% horde. so no way horde will ever going to kill him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    well the problem is for some servers it will be to easy to get the items/reward. because of the faction imbalnced. stormwind is emty on stormscale thus horde will have a easy time. but if your horde on sylvanas or outland you will be out of luck since its 75% alliance 25% horde. so no way horde will ever going to kill him.
    Yeah, but bosses like Rexxar and Shadris are in almost desolated places - with a few players being lowe levels. They could have the same idea to them, like the one for the faction leaders. In that way, the imbalanced server would still be able to kill some. Of course there might be a better solution that I didn't think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the x-realm tool upcoming in 6.0 you'll basically be able to make a raid for anything, so a person from an imbalanced realm could make a raid for killing enemy racial leaders through that.

That being said, I'm not sure if putting items/loot table in place would go over well, maybe just conquest points, like 500 or so, worth it to do it but not enough that there will be a line of raids out the door.

Also, it'd have be one boss per week, or you'd be able to make a raid and knock out your conquest point cap for the week in short order.

All that being said, I'd love it if their were more racial leaders being killed on a regular basis, especially horde, because fuck them.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    I want this so much, there is nothing I love more in WoW than raiding the enemy capital cities. Perhaps there should be an incentive to defend? For example, if your faction leader is being attacked, but the enemy raid is defeated, then all the defenders get some conquest points? Just a suggestion. I do like the idea of only being able to do it once a week, and maybe make it worth about 200 Conquest. At most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    With the x-realm tool upcoming in 6.0 you'll basically be able to make a raid for anything, so a person from an imbalanced realm could make a raid for killing enemy racial leaders through that.

That being said, I'm not sure if putting items/loot table in place would go over well, maybe just conquest points, like 500 or so, worth it to do it but not enough that there will be a line of raids out the door.

Also, it'd have be one boss per week, or you'd be able to make a raid and knock out your conquest point cap for the week in short order.

All that being said, I'd love it if their were more racial leaders being killed on a regular basis, especially horde, because fuck them.
    That's true, the 6.0 will definitely make it easier to kill the racial leaders for the imbalance servers. I still think the item table should be there, no one said that the items should have a very high chance of dropping, but it will still maybe be worth the players while killing the enemy faction leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    I want this so much, there is nothing I love more in WoW than raiding the enemy capital cities. Perhaps there should be an incentive to defend? For example, if your faction leader is being attacked, but the enemy raid is defeated, then all the defenders get some conquest points? Just a suggestion. I do like the idea of only being able to do it once a week, and maybe make it worth about 200 Conquest. At most.
    That could be interesting, a somewhat dynamic "event", where it has the idea of a battleground - just consisting of "attack team" and "defend team". That would be pretty awesome, and the idea of getting conquest points is good as well, it could be combined with the loot table concept. I don't know if the defenders should get such a high amount of conquest points though, because the enemy team may try more than once - which makes it somewhat farmable for the defending team.

To sum it up:
    • "Dynamic event": A enemy raid consisting of x-amount-of-players, attacking their target, enemy, faction leader. The defending players of the same affliliated with the faction leader, can choose to either ignore the attack, or make a stand to defend
    • Succeding in killing the enemy teams faction leader: Recieving 200 conquest points (Can be changed) if succeding and a shot at getting a [PvP based] item (Updated frequently, as new PvP items will be implemented in-game)
    • Succeding in defending the affiliated faction leader: Recieving x-amount of conquest points (Haven't been decided just yet)

If there is anymore ideas, please do share. What is your opinion of the idea so far? of the concept?
    Another question, which I think I've mentioned in the first post; should world PvP bosses like Rexxar and Shandris have the same concept, as the faction leaders?

I would personally, not find any trouble if they could make the same concept as we've done with the faction leaders so far. Maybe nerf Shandris, that moonfire is too OP..

Deleted
    So no one, except the ones who have already comment, doesn't like the concept idea that has been explained?

Fantastic Idea!

Needs a few tweaks imo, but this needs to be posted on official forums.

Some additions / tweaks

-Every week there is a conquest point quest to kill X number of players in X City
    -Every week there is a loot X spoils from said city (from players corpes or NPC's) for conquest
    -Every week there is X boss kill for conquest
    -Vice versa for defense as defending will give same rewards
    -The quest would be handed out from some bad ass npc in SW or Org (Saurfang / Varian, just examples)
    -Up the conquest to something that makes it necessary to everyone (500 at least)

I kinda like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUnbreakableBalls View Post
    That's true, the 6.0 will definitely make it easier to kill the racial leaders for the imbalance servers. I still think the item table should be there, no one said that the items should have a very high chance of dropping, but it will still maybe be worth the players while killing the enemy faction leader.

That could be interesting, a somewhat dynamic "event", where it has the idea of a battleground - just consisting of "attack team" and "defend team". That would be pretty awesome, and the idea of getting conquest points is good as well, it could be combined with the loot table concept. I don't know if the defenders should get such a high amount of conquest points though, because the enemy team may try more than once - which makes it somewhat farmable for the defending team.

To sum it up:
    • "Dynamic event": A enemy raid consisting of x-amount-of-players, attacking their target, enemy, faction leader. The defending players of the same affliliated with the faction leader, can choose to either ignore the attack, or make a stand to defend
    • Succeding in killing the enemy teams faction leader: Recieving 200 conquest points (Can be changed) if succeding and a shot at getting a [PvP based] item (Updated frequently, as new PvP items will be implemented in-game)
    • Succeding in defending the affiliated faction leader: Recieving x-amount of conquest points (Haven't been decided just yet)

If there is anymore ideas, please do share. What is your opinion of the idea so far? of the concept?
    Another question, which I think I've mentioned in the first post; should world PvP bosses like Rexxar and Shandris have the same concept, as the faction leaders?

I would personally, not find any trouble if they could make the same concept as we've done with the faction leaders so far. Maybe nerf Shandris, that moonfire is too OP..
    The only problem for not rewarding defenders is that unless its an avid PvP server, not many people will be motivated to defend the faction leaders. I remember a few months ago the Horde were running a For the Horde and literally no one in Stormwind bothered to defend Varian. I asked in trade for people to help out and people said to just let them get their achievement and not be a dick. I was so upset with that comment. It is this kind of attitude that is ruining World PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it a lot
    I like juice

good idea but its shouldn't be a week thing, people will QQ, low level will be like wtf?( How i am supposed to play if they're camping our city)
    Don't tell me just put PvP off.